Unleashing the Beast

Westeros

Looks good.

Still not convinced by Hinds as Mance. I don't know, just not what i imagined I guess. Not that he's a bad actor - he's just not Mance to be in the way, say some of the other casting excited me. I'm hopeful he does a stellar job but an nervous about it.

Mel/Stannis scenes look great. Can't wait for them this season.

Looks good.

Still not convinced by Hinds as Mance. I don't know, just not what i imagined I guess. Not that he's a bad actor - he's just not Mance to be in the way, say some of the other casting excited me. I'm hopeful he does a stellar job but an nervous about it.

Mel/Stannis scenes look great. Can't wait for them this season.

The casting on this show has generally been fantastic, so I don't see a lot of reason to doubt them at this point.

That said, I'm sad that Dominic West turned the role down. Would have loved to see McNulty swinging a sword.

At 0.44 There's a shot of Melisandre and Thoros of Myr.

Rumor has it she goes on a hunt for Gendry who'll take up Edric's storyline...

I actually think it's quite clever.

What? Thoros and Melisandre don't see fire to fire with eachother. I doubt that Thoros and Beric will just give Gendry up. Not to mention all the things that it would change if she actually does get Gendry and bring him back to Dragonstone. No Gendry in the Brotherhood, he either dies pointlessly getting sacrificed or is never heard from again if he's saved. Mel will see Gendry and Arya together in her fires. If Arya isn't with the Brotherhood by the time that she gets Gendry then they'll be headed after her.

The clever thing to do would be to drop the whole waking stone dragons with Edric being thrown into a fire deal all together. It makes Mel look really stupid.

I am fully on the "Melisandre grabbing Gendry from the BwB and bringing him back to Dragonstone to fill the Edric Storm role" train now. It had never occurred to me before until a few others starting to suggest it. But now based on the footage in the trailers that have Melisandre with a guy who is almost assuredly Thoros of Myr in the background, it makes sense. There's also another scene in this trailer with Stannis and Melisandre on the beach where you can see soldiers pulling a boat up onto the beach behind them. It would seem that one of them is coming from somewhere or leaving for somewhere (and I can't imagine Stannis would be taking a little boat anywhere). There's also that great picturesque scene in the first trailer of Dragonstone with a pair of unidentified people (1 who looks female) rowing in a boat towards it.

Logically, this change makes sense since Gendry has been built up much more prominently on the show and after Arya leaves the BwB, he has nothing to do for quite some time (a good season and a half at least). Keeping him involved in the story in other ways makes sense. Additionally, there is no Edric Storm and it does appear that the Dragonstone plotline this season will revolve mostly around Stannis' decision on whether or not to make the sacrifice to wake the dragons. Because there was no Edric, many assumed it would be Shireen who would be put into this role but that's a tough jump for the audience to make to believe that Stannis would consider sacrificing his own daughter. Having Gendry as the Royal bastard they debate over makes more sense and it also prevents them from having to cast a brand new character into this spot and gives the audience more empathy seeing as most know and like Gendry.

They could go ahead and use Gendry's blood for the leeches scene later on. There's also the mystery (that I don't believe anyone has really talked about to this point) regarding what Melisandre actually showed Stannis in the flames in the S2 finale. It would have been too early for the prophecies around the other kings dying and that appears to be in the works for the leeches scene this season. My guess is that they saw the dragons awakening in Dragonstone which is how Melisandre convinces Stannis that she needs to go find Gendry. They could then go the same route of the books and have Davos eventually free Gendry and get him out of Dragonstone. In fact, Davos could return him back to the BwB and his story could continue on there as per the books.

At 0.44 There's a shot of Melisandre and Thoros of Myr.

Rumor has it she goes on a hunt for Gendry who'll take up Edric's storyline...

I actually think it's quite clever.

Lol. I've noticed a recurring trend in ASOIAF fandom: so, so many don't know the difference between rumor and speculation.

They could go ahead and use Gendry's blood for the leeches scene later on. There's also the mystery (that I don't believe anyone has really talked about to this point) regarding what Melisandre actually showed Stannis in the flames in the S2 finale. It would have been too early for the prophecies around the other kings dying and that appears to be in the works for the leeches scene this season. My guess is that they saw the dragons awakening in Dragonstone which is how Melisandre convinces Stannis that she needs to go find Gendry.

I could be wrong, but didn't Stannis tell Davos what he saw in the fire in ASOS? It was something to do with a king with a crown of fire consuming him, IIRC.

Possibly, I have no recollection of that though.

I found the quote:

“With mine own eyes. After the battle, when I was lost to despair, the Lady Melisandre bid me gaze into the hearthfire. The chimney was drawing strongly, and bits of ash were rising from the fire. I stared at them, feeling half a fool, but she bid me look deeper, and... the ashes were white, rising in the updraft, yet all at once it seemed as if they were falling. Snow, I thought. Then the sparks in the air seemed to circle, to become a ring of torches, and I was looking through the fire down on some high hill in a forest. The cinders had become men in black behind the torches, and there were shapes moving through the snow. For all the heat of the fire, I felt a cold so terrible I shivered, and when I did the sight was gone, the fire but a fire once again. But what I saw was real, I’d stake my kingdom on it.”

...“The sand is running through the glass more quickly now, and man’s hour on earth is almost done. We must act boldly, or all hope is lost. Westeros must unite beneath her one true king, the prince that was promised, Lord of Dragonstone and chosen of R’hllor.”

I found the quote:

Right, now I remember. He's seeing the Battle at the Fist which is happening at that time. It also lines up with the show timeline as both events are happening concurrently in the S2 finale. I guess that's enough to get him to believe her again and that she's not full of shit.

I don't like this whole Gendry as Edric idea, not only because the alterations that would have to be made give me a headache to think about... but more importantly I think it should be clear that just because Mel and Thoros serve the same god doesn't mean they are on the same team... They serve different purposes, so I can't imagine a meeting between them being too friendly...

Lol. I've noticed a recurring trend in ASOIAF fandom: so, so many don't know the difference between rumor and speculation.

Thoros and Melisandre meeting up is a fact for me now. See for yourself and make a comparison between these two pictures:

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/gallery/publicity-photos_1/748660_got_hs_07-10-12_ep301_5041-1359137544184-a.jpg

and

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/885079_10151347348687169_1340962643_o.jpg

The sword hilt is identical, both have their sword on their back, both are wearing red robes and their face is the same. Unless Thoros has a twin who likes to dress just like his twin brother, Thoros and Mel are meeting up this season, and I am sure Gendry will be in the middle of it. I have to say I really like this change, much better than having Shireen replacing Edric. I just hope they handle it well and don't screw up with stuff like Mel borrowing Littlefinger's teleporting horse.

I don't like this whole Gendry as Edric idea, not only because the alterations that would have to be made give me a headache to think about... but more importantly I think it should be clear that just because Mel and Thoros serve the same god doesn't mean they are on the same team... They serve different purposes, so I can't imagine a meeting between them being too friendly...

If this happens, who knows what the interaction would be like? it's actually a great way for them to elaborate on the Red Priest and Priestress' and how they feel about each other. I would think it would be a little strange if they introduced Thoros of Myr this season and had him performing supernatural feats without linking him to Melisandre. I have no idea how they could play things out. Melisandre could just say "fuck it" and steal away with Gendry in the night if the BwB weren't being cooperative. Lots of ways this could go down.

Thoros and Melisandre meeting up is a fact for me now. See for yourself and make a comparison between these two pictures:

http://winteriscomin...137544184-a.jpg

and

http://sphotos-a.ak....340962643_o.jpg

The sword hilt is identical, both have their sword on their back, both are wearing red robes and their face is the same. Unless Thoros has a twin who likes to dress just like his twin brother, Thoros and Mel are meeting up this season, and I am sure Gendry will be in the middle of it. I have to say I really like this change, much better than having Shireen replacing Edric. I just hope they handle it well and don't screw up with stuff like Mel borrowing Littlefinger's teleporting horse.

In the picture in the trailer, Melisandre sure looks like she's in the BwB cave. And that's definitely Thoros in the back so I would imagine her coming for Gendry is happening.

Its happening, and its genius I think. Keeps Stannis story connected to another storyline keeping him more close rather than distant. Allows them to elaborate on the whole red priest thing and their powers and the gods they serve. And finally, keeps BWB

somewhat relevant after episode 5 Or (6)? when Arya is gone besides the whole reviving of Cat

, and allows Davos his time to Shine and further shows the rift building between Stannis' two confidants.

And besides, Gendry can still be at the Crossroads at season 5, rest assured.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151347345687169&set=a.10151347343762169.1073741827.755877168&type=3&theater

Also this looks like a Baratheon soldier to me in the riverlands, same place Thoros of Myr was pictured.....its happening people......

Archived