No Mercy Trailer

Westeros

The Sansa/Tyrion wedding must happen well before the RW. Because it was only after Robb hears about their marriage that he is prompted to name Jon his heir, because he didn't want the Lannisters to inherit WF through Sansa. If they happen at the same time then Robb can't name Jon his heir and send some of his Lord to Greywater Watch, and that' kind of important.

Not sure why Dany is relevant to the post but whatever... Her storyline HAS to be told because she's completely changing an entire continent. Theon's arc is all just personal. He's not one of the main characters, and his story doesn't have any impact on the plot until ADwD.

Theon could easily have been left until season four. It worked in the books, and it would have worked in the show. And unless they plan on bringing forward his ADwD material to next season, viewers are going to get sick of seeing Reek. If we had seen him being tortured in ASoS, his ADwD arc would not have been as powerful as it was.

Because the books don't tell the story in chronological order. The last 30% of ASOS, all of AFFC, and the first 75% of ADWD, all happen at the same time. Books can get away with that kind of storytelling, where episodic TV really cannot, (unless the writers get themselves stuck because their storyline causes ratings to tank when they kill off a character, then beg him to come back and make the entire season a dream.)

Television is a visual medium. It cannot tell the story the way GRRM does, not only from certain character POVs, but the storytelling needs to be chronological in time, event-wise. Just because Theon disappears for two entire books, does't mean his story isn't happening.

I don't see why leaving Alfie Allen out for one season would be such a huge deal.

So when Alfie decides he doesn't want to go 2 or 3 years without anything but GoT residual checks, when he could be actually working on something instead, then gets contracted for more $$ on another project and isn't available for season 4/5, would it be okay with you if he's recast?

The idea of a massacre is not exactly a good idea, but what Daario is saying is true: she needs to get blood on her hands. She's losing all "prestige and honor" in the eyes of the slaves by allowing them to be murdered in the streets.

Totally agree.

Yeah, it was in Game of Thrones after Ned was killed. Sansa was kept a prisoner in her room for some time afterwards and talked about being with Jeyne until one day, she had disappeared and no one would tell her what was done with her.

Actually, after Sansa tells Cersei that Jeyne is in her room and always crying, Cersei tells Sansa that Jeyne is being taken to Littlefinger's so that she won't bother Sansa.

So youre saying they are gonna cut out the PW entirely and Joff and Marg dont get married?

That dinner feast they were most likely referring to would be the dinner feast from the episode 1 synopsis that HBO put out. Joffery isnt going to die in episode 1 and theres no way they have him die before the RW. They brought Jason Momoa back for like 4 min in 1 episode in season 2, I see no reason why they wouldnt keep him around for a few episodes in season 4.

Jason Momoa is still acting, and thankfully was available for one day. Jack Gleeson is done. He's going into academia. (Which is a crying shame, because he's so ridiculously talented.)

I'm on the bus with those who think the PW is happening this season. Whether his death will occur this season or not, remains to be seen. (I think it must.)

I think the only way they save that actual moment until next season is the QoT hinting at something horrible to Cersei right after the ceremony, and we have a crazy, WTF cliffhanger, then save the actual feast for the 4:1. The only problem with that, is it will drive every non-book fan insane to the point they go digging, and spoil it for themselves, but I think it's in the realm of possibility.

As for those saying Margarey's father has to "give her away"...... you're basing that on marriage rituals from Western Culture on Planet Earth, and that's not where these people are. There's not going to be any Bridal Shower, Money Dance, or Garter & Bouquet Toss either. The guests will not take the centerpieces home, there will be no rice throwing, they will not decorate a carriage with JUST MARRIED, nor will there be a Father/Daughter dance.

If any book fans are expecting any My Big Fat Westerosi Weddings in this series, you're going to be epically disappointed.

Correct, they won't get married... They'll save the KL wedding for when she marries Tommen. Also drogo wasn't brought back for season 2 they probably just called him in the process of filming and asked if he would come in for a day and film one scene. They didn't have to pay him a salary like they would to Gleeson, and like I said he has already said he doesn't want to act anymore.

I think they'll definitely get married. That's the whole essence of Margaery's character: She's the Virgin Black Widow Queen. She marries Kings, then they die, which does't bode well for Tommen.

Pretty sure Ygritte's aiming her bow at Jon while he escapes

Yes, but there isn't even 10 episodes worth of material for Theon to spread over 2 seasons. And if there was it would it would be a mistake to simply split the material in half. From a narrative perspective each character arc per season needs a proper conclusion, and the next season arc needs to be something different. There's no way they can do this with Theon without significantly deviating from the books.

I'm guessing they're still going to do the whole Reek/Ramsay switcharoo, considering that they haven't announced Ramsay yet. But I don't know how they'll do it if Theon is already a captive. And as for season 4, they should limit Theon's appearances to maybe 4 episodes, just to give the audience a look at his rapidly deteriorating mental state.

I'm guessing they're still going to do the whole Reek/Ramsay switcharoo, considering that they haven't announced Ramsay yet. But I don't know how they'll do it if Theon is already a captive. And as for season 4, they should limit Theon's appearances to maybe 4 episodes, just to give the audience a look at his rapidly deteriorating mental state.

I think this season will be more physical torture of Theon by Ramsay (the audience won't know who it is until the finale). There was a phenomenal idea I read somewhere that has Theon and "Boy" (Ramsay) escape, only to be separated at some point. Naturally, Theon is re-captured, and Ramsay reveals himself, etc.

Then, in Season 4, we can get more of the psychological torture. Ramsay will be an established villain, and we can slowly see Theon devolve into Reek over the course of the season. Hell, the arc can even end with Ramsay asking Theon's name, and we get: "My name is Reek, It rhymes with freak."

Scenes have been moved... None of you have ANY evidence that it can't be episode 5 or any other episode for that matter.

:agree:

While WIC has great info, they don't work for HBO, nor would D&D give them any info they wanted to keep under wraps from everyone.

There is no clear cut evidence of certain events happening or not happening this season, only speculation. Lack of photographs (or reports from the set), isn't "evidence." I know it's hard to believe, but actors sign NDA all the time.

Pretty sure Ygritte's aiming her bow at Jon while he escapes.

No, you can see Jon appear behind her in the shot. It's out in an open field in the clear day which is not like the Queenscrown scenes which are all in the rain. I guess it's from around the time the Wildlings first cross the Wall and are running in the grass like the other shots in the trailers. Not sure who Ygritte is firing at...

There's another quick scene in the trailer (1:14) in the rain at I'm assuming is Queenscrown with Jon in a big swordfight with some huge mofo that I can't identify at all. It almost looks like he has dreads. Have no idea what's happening there.

No, you can see Jon appear behind her in the shot. It's out in an open field in the clear day which is not like the Queenscrown scenes which are all in the rain. I guess it's from around the time the Wildlings first cross the Wall and are running in the grass like the other shots in the trailers. Not sure who Ygritte is firing at...

Summer?

There's several different scenes where she aims her bow. One in the snow, that looks like it's got to be north of The Wall, one in the pouring rain which looks like it's from Queenscrown (and doesn't Jon end up with an arrow wound in his leg, or wtf am I thinking of?), and one in the sun (from this trailer) where Jon comes in behind her, there's a lot of green and can only be south of The Wall.

There's another quick scene in the trailer (1:14) in the rain at I'm assuming is Queenscrown with Jon in a big swordfight with some huge mofo that I can't identify at all. It almost looks like he has dreads. Have no idea what's happening there.

It's a crane shot that also gets closer to Jon as he looks up, as if he's looking at something coming down towards him - maybe Orell's eagle? :dunno: No idea.

Jason Momoa is still acting, and thankfully was available for one day. Jack Gleeson is done. He's going into academia. (Which is a crying shame, because he's so ridiculously talented.)

I'm on the bus with those who think the PW is happening this season. Whether his death will occur this season or not, remains to be seen. (I think it must.)

I think the only way they save that actual moment until next season is the QoT hinting at something horrible to Cersei right after the ceremony, and we have a crazy, WTF cliffhanger, then save the actual feast for the 4:1. The only problem with that, is it will drive every non-book fan insane to the point they go digging, and spoil it for themselves, but I think it's in the realm of possibility.

As for those saying Margarey's father has to "give her away"...... you're basing that on marriage rituals from Western Culture on Planet Earth, and that's not where these people are. There's not going to be any Bridal Shower, Money Dance, or Garter & Bouquet Toss either. The guests will not take the centerpieces home, there will be no rice throwing, they will not decorate a carriage with JUST MARRIED, nor will there be a Father/Daughter dance.

If any book fans are expecting any My Big Fat Westerosi Weddings in this series, you're going to be epically disappointed.

Jack has said that after GoT he will most likely be done with acting. Have you seen it stated that he means after season 3? Do you know how many seasons he was signed for?

When fake Arya marries Ramsay Theon is needed to give her away since she has no family left. As King, Joff has to give away Sansa since her brother and mother are traitors. Joff says hes playing the part of Sansa's father. Why wouldnt it be the same with Marg? She is becoming Queen, why not wait for her father and family to arrive in KL?

Also, have they gotten someone to play Penny yet? Where would she come from if she and her brother arent at the wedding?

There's several different scenes where she aims her bow. One in the snow, that looks like it's got to be north of The Wall, one in the pouring rain which looks like it's from Queenscrown (and doesn't Jon end up with an arrow wound in his leg, or wtf am I thinking of?), and one in the sun (from this trailer) where Jon comes in behind her, there's a lot of green and can only be south of The Wall.

It's a crane shot that also gets closer to Jon as he looks up, as if he's looking at something coming down towards him - maybe Orell's eagle? :dunno: No idea.

The crane shot of Jon looking up at something (I'm also guessing it's Orell's eagle) is probably from the same sequence but it's a different scene than the one I was referencing. He's in a swordfight with a guy much bigger than him who kind of has his face all wrapped up and it kind of looks like he has either really long dreads or some kind of stringy material hanging down his back. I suppose it has to be Orell because in his warging, eyes rolled up shot in the other trailer, he has a hood or something on which could be the thing this guy is wearing. Orell shouldn't be bigger than Jon though because Mackenzie Crook is pretty small but I suppose it could just be a perspective trick and he's not as big as it seems from that quick shot.

Archived