What's underneath his eye-patch? Any power?

xSilence

(Maybe spoilers)

In Theon's sample chapter from The Winds of Winter he mentioned that "a black eye shining with malice" is underneaths Euron's eye-patch.

My question is now, why is it mentioned? Do you think it has any special power? Also how did he got that eye?

I literally think it was a turn of phrase, Euron is back from Valyria with some seriously fucked up crew members, and wierd atrtifacts, but I dont think he has become some medieval, bionically enhanced cyborg ironman :/ George loves fiction.

Nobody loves fiction that much.

It's an evil eye. As Euron says, he's one of the most religious and godly people that exist. As an avid reader of the Old Testament, he knows about the power of the Evil Eye, which he learned from his yiddish mother. He does it out of respect and compassion for others that he covers it up to avoid harming them in any way accidentally.

It's probably nothing more than just a black eye - possibly a blind eye. I bet he's using it to scare people into believing it is much more than that.

I doubt that the black eye is blind, somewhere is mentioned he switches sometimes his eye-patch and it wouldn't be a good idea to walk around/fight with a blind eye xD

I never liked the eye patch thing. Between that and the reaving and the ships and all, all I can think of is pirates and Euron/Vic saying all their lines with pirate accents. ARRRRRGGGH...

Archived