Val is Jon’s true Queen.

Jon's Queen Consort

“Did you follow me as well?” Jon reached to shoo the bird away but ended up stroking its feathers. The raven cocked its eye at him. “Snow,” it muttered, bobbing its head knowingly. Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him.

They look as though they belong together. Val was clad all in white; white woolen breeches tucked into high boots of bleached white leather, white bearskin cloak pinned at the shoulder with a carved weirwood face, white tunic with bone fastenings. Her breath was white as well … but her eyes were blue, her long braid the color of dark honey, her cheeks flushed red from the cold. It had been a long while since Jon Snow had seen a sight so lovely.

Every now and then, GRRM lets them have one of these moments of awareness. Even just looking at this, I think, yes, Val and Jon are meant to be.

My thoughts exactly : ) Most of the dislike for Val probably comes from the fact that we don't know her very well. I think there will be more romantic situations for Jon, and Val is one of the only female characters that could conceivably work with him personality-wise and politically.

The North, NW, and wildlings need to be unified, and Jon marrying Val (or stealing her, whatev) would be a great way to symbolically start that. A lot of people have objections to Jon being with anyone because of his vows, but I think, if we're looking at it that way, we're not seeing the bigger picture about the Watch and its purpose. I think Jon will do whatever is necessarily if it'll protect the realm from the Others, and if that includes sacrificing his honor (i.e. breaking his vows) he will mostly likely do it.

He totally has my permission to marry her to unite the Free Folk and the North. After all, it's taking the easy way out when negotiating marriages between both groups, but never going there yourself. :lol:

I think the passage of Val in white with her blue eyes was foreshadowing the Night King. If this is a new age of heroes it doesn't mean it will follow to the letter, we've seen how prophecies are not literal so a revisiting of the Age of Heroes doesn't need to be.

But the Last Hero and the Night's King have nothing to do with each other. It was 13 Lord Commanders and then some earlier.

(I understand the Night's King as something negative, though some would think of it as positive.)

PS: Welcome to the forum!

Better Val that Daenerys.

Speaking of Jon and Dany (yes, I know). Should he go there, does that mean he'd lose all respect from the Wildlings? It's incest for them, right?

Apart from religious reasons, it's more probable per Targ couple they get crazy kids, right? Jon's probable grandfather was, his uncle, some would argue his aunt, and then some other haters ( :P ) would argue his father. And Dany's daughter and sister to those...

I don't see Jon going for it, thank his Gods. If they are both blessed they could have their children mix up in the next generation. (Yes, it was a bit difficult typing that sentence up.)

Jon isn't king. He never will be.

You need to learn how to read: it's very likely Robb named him King in the North. ;)

As per Ghost's Shadow's request I post this bit of foreshadowing I found

Under the sea the crows are white as snow.

The light of the half-moon turned Val's honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow.

This is a reference to Snow White. The dwarfs thought she was dead when she was actually put into a coma, and she woke up after a prince kissed her. I know BR and Bran will help Jon while he is comatose and thought dead, and Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon did not intend to be remembered as Sleepy Jon Snow.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

Actually the story of the prince kissing the princess who then awakes is "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" with Jon being the blue rose given R+L and Dany's vision at the HotU. Jon will wake up when Val kisses him.

Jon did not intend to be remembered as Sleepy Jon Snow.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

Actually the story of the prince kissing the princess who then awakes is "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" with Jon being the blue rose given R+L. Jon will wake up when Val kisses him.

I've always wondered after I read your theory on Val kissing Jon, how exactly will that help him wake up after Bloodraven and Bran have used Theon's blood sacrifice to get his soul back into his human body.

I've always wondered after I read your theory on Val kissing Jon, how exactly will that help him wake up after Bloodraven and Bran have used Theon's blood sacrifice to get his soul back into his human body.

Actually, I think it will be Asha's life that saves Jon given that her last POV was called "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, and she is foreshadowed to die. Theon will remember Luwin's suggestion in ACoK before he is about to be executed, and requests to take the black. After BR and Bran save Jon, he will feel something against his lips and wake up.

Actually, I think it will be Asha's life that saves Jon given that her last POV was called "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, and she is foreshadowed to die. Theon will remember Luwin's suggestion in ACoK before he is about to be executed, and requests to take the black. After BR and Bran save Jon, he will feeling something against his lips and wake up.

Oh ok, I get it. By kissing him, Jon is awoken from his unconsciousness after Bloodraven and Bram have done their work.

I don't see the fascination with Val; I find her fairly one note and too... Perfect. Which is grating. I don't ship Jon with anyone, but if he had to be with someone I'd rather it was a character like Dany, who's very 3D and we know her, than Val who's uninteresting.

I like Val and I wouldn't mind seeing her with Jon, but I prefer little Lyanna Mormont when she's grown up. That little lass has spunk, refusing Stannis Baratheon like that!

Compared to stabbing a man-at-arms in the neck with a dagger?

Compared to stabbing a man-at-arms in the neck with a dagger?

Val is 20 years old, give or take one or two years. Lyanna is ten, and she tells a king, who's not to far from them and backed by an army that he won't get no help from them unless he's a Stark. COmparing the two I'd Say that Lyanna has more spunk. I also like Wylla Manderly. She's got spunk as well.

Val is 20 years old, give or take one or two years. Lyanna is ten, and she tells a king, who's not to far from them and backed by an army that he won't get no help from them unless he's a Stark. COmparing the two I'd Say that Lyanna has more spunk. I also like Wylla Manderly. She's got spunk as well.

I don't think Val is 20, I 'd place her as closer to Jon's age, around 16.

ETA: I found I already posted this theory.

To be honest I dont care if Jon will be a king or not, what he always wanted to be was a hero. So I want him to ended up with a girl from the north or wildling because they shares the same gods, values and love the north. So Val and Jon are meant to be.

If not Val...give some time to Wylla Manderly or Lyanna Mormont grow up...and they will be the perfect choices for brides for any son of Winterfell. I hope Rickon Stark ended up with Wylla Manderly.

Jon and Dany would be the worst couple ever, their personalities would clash so much, I don't even see how a relationship could work. Then again if Jon is going to get a girl at the end there's not that many options at the moment, unless GRRM adds new characters in the last two books.

Archived