Val is Jon’s true Queen.

Jon's Queen Consort

Well ,this has gone off in some pretty weird directions... ;) Jon would certainly not want to father a child that would be considered a bastard .

I think all the Val resistance stems from the fact that we don't know her very well yet ... but we will.

Jon doesn't just let Toregg have her , he thinks he can never have her without casting his duty aside..but enlightenment is coming. He has already made some alterations in the nature of the watch , and I believe more changes are inevitable if men and the Watch are to survive. I think what is oldest and the most important , necessary parts in the NW vows are the "I am " bits ( I am the sword in the darkness , etc.) and most of the rest , the "I will" bits, will just blow away like chaff in the wind... taking no wives , seeking no glory , even taking no crown mean nothing ,as compared to being the watcher on the walls ( notice that's plural ), or the shield that guards the realms of men.

The wildlings have agreed to support the Watch in the coming stuggle . They will be doing the same job as the NW and with the same , if not more dedication to the core principles ( I am ) , having seen the Others up close and personal... yet they have wives , children , seek personal glory in combat , etc. How long can we think the Watch will feel that's a fair arrangement ?..and apart from Bowen Marsh , they won't be wanting to deny these human comforts to the wildlings , but to have a share in them themselves.

Some may never like Val , but you might as well get used to her... :D

Screw it! Can we just give Jon a harem?

Targaryens can take multiple wives, right?

Give him Val, Dany, Alys, Arianne and....Sansa if you want.

Val's children will be the new kings beyond the wall, Alys' would be the new lords of Karhold, Dany's would be the rulers of the IT, Arianne's would be the princes of dorne and Sansa's would be the new lords of Winterfell.

Perfect or what?

Oh and he can screw Melisandre on the side for the shadow babies.

Such a happy family. It's almost perfect. ;___;

Why can't Jon Snow just have no one anymore?

he doesn't need a wife, nor does Arya need a husband. the lone wolves of the family

I agree, there's far too much invested in Jon. Maybe instead of trying to match him up with every attractive girl under the sun, we should just leave him to get on with his vows

I like Val as Jon's Queen....I belive Val's description makes her a "younger, more beautiful" version to fufill Maggy's prophecy about Cersei.

Now this would be awesome and would totally trump the rest of the other queen theories because it would come out of freakin nowhere

I don't think Val is going to live much longer. I also really want to know what the deal is with Val and Shireen's greyscale.

I don't think there has been any foreshadowing given for Val's death, something that GRRM is known for.

Archived