Val is Jon’s true Queen.

Jon's Queen Consort

Well, he's already King of the Wildlings, all he has to do is reach out and grab it when he comes back to life/comes out of his coma. I have thought on re-reads that the chemistry between Jon and Val is going to have repercussions down the road; nothing magical, since Bran/BR will be responsible for bringing him back to life through Theon's sacrifice at the heart tree, but perhaps the linchpin that seals the Wildlings immigration into the North. Because the fact of the matter is that Val is the best marriage option for Jon, and also since little Rickon is going to need a regent, I think Jon raising him to understand the Wildling culture is going to go a long way to help the North and Wildlings get over their long running hatred of each other. So, yes, I'll agree that Val will be Jon's wife, his Queen of the Wildlings, so to speak, but never a true queen, not of the North or the Iron Throne. They'll more than likely be the (newly created) 8th Lord and Lady Paramount of the Far North once the Wall's gone. Why not the Wildling King to be their overlord?

I don't think Val is going to live much longer. I also really want to know what the deal is with Val and Shireen's greyscale.

I'll throw out a thought, probably crack pot, the wall might make it to were greyscale can be stopped it a person contracts it, but north of the wall, where the white walkers and other dead things are, it is death.

Does Stannis know that Sansa has fled KL? Does he know Tyrion is missing? Does he know Tywin is dead? I don't really recall much discussion by the Northerners in ADWD that Tywin was dead.

When he makes the offer to Jon, he should have made him Regent/Castellan pending the return of Sansa, if her marriage to Tryion was annulled. He can't possibly know the marriage wasn't consummated but he does know the marriage was under duress or ordered by someone who had no right to command her as he, Stannis, was the true authority in the Land at the time, not Joffrey and his crew.

Does Stannis know that Sansa has fled KL? Does he know Tyrion is missing? Does he know Tywin is dead? I don't really recall much discussion by the Northerners in ADWD that Tywin was dead.

If he knows..he doesnt care, he cant start running around trying to find a living Stark. With his offer, Jon he is now the oldest male Stark so who cares about Sansa :D just saying

If he knows..he doesnt care, he cant start running around trying to find a living Stark. With his offer, Jon he is now the oldest male Stark so who cares about Sansa :D just saying

Still a bastard and correct me if I'm wrong but don't legitimated bastards still come after true borns

Also I imagine a few forum users see themselves as Jon's queen and not Val

But in Jon's case there is a will and also the line of succession starts from Robb not Ned so legitimized bastard or trueborn don't matter.

In the case of the will yeah but had it of come down to Stannis making Jon legit and handing him Winterfell surely if either of his siblings turn up it's their seat first

• 2 weeks later...

This may be crackpot but I would like to add something from a bit of foreshadowing I found.

The knight of the yellow chicken, Cersei mused. You ought to take a worm for your sigil, ser. A chicken is too bold for you.

Harys Swyft is sworn to Queen Cersei, Lady of CR, and the Lannister lion is gold(yellow). Cersei is also braver than him. Chicken could possibly be a metaphor for a queen.

Ghost and the black bitch fighting over a chicken may be foreshadowing over who will be queen. The chicken that Ghost has is described as honeyed. Val is noted continuously for her honey-colored hair, so maybe this could be foreshadowing Jon having Val as his queen.

:ack:

I think its hard to ship Dany and Jon because they haven't met but this may change when they get scenes together. However, I'm still sceptical, Kit and Emilia have great chemistry in interviews, but I'm not too sure about book Dany and Jon.

Although, I don't see what the big deal with Val is?

I ship Jon/no one!

Much better than Jon and Val. Dany is a real queen.

The fact that Dany is a real queen while Val isn't doesn't matter to me. I actually like that in some ways Val's on the ordinary side (she's not a princess despite what others may think and she's not even a spearwife as Ygritte was) But despite not holding any titles or claiming that she does Val has proven herself smart, capable, conciliating, brave, etc. I hold these traits as more important than some title.

Archived