Small questions v.10004

Angalin

The Lands of Ica and Fire is the official map book, containing the most accurate maps. You can get it off of Amazon.

Not in my country for disgrace, I was asking for a web map or something like that.

Thanks anyways.

Someone got the most accurate map of Essos and Westeros? I have found many, but they all got big differences.

The maps are supposed to be made in-universe by sailors and maesters. They're not supposed to be really accurate, but like real maps of the world from antiquity. (like http://www.sonofthesouth.net/revolutionary-war/maps/old-map-world.htm )

The maps are supposed to be made in-universe by sailors and maesters. They're not supposed to be really accurate, but like real maps of the world from antiquity. (like http://www.sonofthes...d-map-world.htm )

Notice how he said most accurate. Go back 600 years and a lot of the maps are going to be really, really wrong. However there's bound to be one that kinda sorta looks a little similar to what the map looks like today. That map would be the most accurate.

In answer to your question Julipo I would also suggest searching for threads on it. I've seen them pop up every now and then where someone takes it upon themselves to try and make a map and then everyone uses their input. In particular I can remember a Map of the North thread that I saw that was particularly helpful.

It's the Spiders we should be afraid of, I think. How how they climb on your wall at home? They might do so with that Wall, too. (Jon's vision might have been about Wights or Others climbing the wall on the backs of Spiders.)

None of his bastards are known (yet), no.

Thank you!

I am re-reading GOT and the description of the badge The Hand of the king wears is a silver clasp. Where did the golden chain made of hands used to kill Shae come from? Did Tyrion have it made for her?

Someine posted that a big differnece bewtween the books and the show is that The hands badge of office is the golden hand neclace, the point being on how Shae will die in the show. But that is obviously incorrect.

But most likely no one has the foresight, the person planting them would never be able to benefit from them. And it's possible that men do not even know how to cultivate them. It can't be easy or there would be little weirwoods all around the bigger ones in the godswoods and north of the wall. Maybe the CotF are the only ones who can grow them.

There is a young weirwood growing in the ruins of the Whispers on Crackclaw Point in Brienne's chapter in AFFC.

When did Balerion the cat claw Joffrey? Before or during ASoIaF? I have this pet theory that it is actually Sansa who is warging him.

The cat clawed Joffrey before AGoT.

I am re-reading GOT and the description of the badge The Hand of the king wears is a silver clasp. Where did the golden chain made of hands used to kill Shae come from? Did Tyrion have it made for her?

Someine posted that a big differnece bewtween the books and the show is that The hands badge of office is the golden hand neclace, the point being on how Shae will die in the show. But that is obviously incorrect.

Jaime describes Lord Chelsted as wearing the Hand's chain. Ned just preferred a less ostentatious display.

There is a young weirwood growing in the ruins of the Whispers on Crackclaw Point in Brienne's chapter in AFFC.

You're right, maybe they're just really tough to grow. Seems kind of odd that one sprung up on Crackclaw, seeing as how it's full of Targ loyalists. hmmm....

But most likely no one has the foresight, the person planting them would never be able to benefit from them. And it's possible that men do not even know how to cultivate them. It can't be easy or there would be little weirwoods all around the bigger ones in the godswoods and north of the wall. Maybe the CotF are the only ones who can grow them.

They werent planted AFAIK. They seem to have an extensive root system so may sprout up on their own. They were all over the place before the First Men started cutting them down. There are a bunch on the Isle of Faces, North of the Wall and on Skaagos. We see a Stark making arrow shafts out of them. Presumably after the First Men and CotF made peace. We dont live in a land where stuff we need just grows out of the Earth. But in Africa even in the subsistence areas there is food to be had by foraging. Perhaps the Weirwood is analogous to the Baobab.

Maybe, maybe not, they may have seen something and just capitalized on it. They are a Lannister house.

Or possibly they did not know the significance of the romance but Tywin knew what had happened and threatened them and also gave them incentives to set up the absence of a Robb heir. Then he went to the Freys and got Walder all riled up and perhaps made some suggestions.

They werent planted AFAIK. They seem to have an extensive root system so may sprout up on their own. They were all over the place before the First Men started cutting them down. There are a bunch on the Isle of Faces, North of the Wall and on Skaagos. We see a Stark making arrow shafts out of them. Presumably after the First Men and CotF made peace. We dont live in a land where stuff we need just grows out of the Earth. But in Africa even in the subsistence areas there is food to be had by foraging. Perhaps the Weirwood is analogous to the Baobab.

Or an Aspen on a huge scale. That would be one serious root system though.

Archived