Who deserves the Iron Throne the most

The Black Hawk

Sansa Stark!!!!! <333

But really, I think Daenerys deserves it.. She seems to strike the best balance between being authoritative and compassionate. Not to mention her struggle to get there. I haven't really seen anyone else with the same degree of conviction as her.

I do not support a united Seven Kingdoms under the one Iron Throne.

Ideally I'd have Jon Targaryen, First of His Name seated on the Iron Throne, alongside Daenerys as his auntie-wife, if she is still alive at the end (which I doubt), and Tyrion as the Hand of the King. They'd turn the throne into a constitutional monarchy of sorts. You'd also have the separate, but allied Queen in the North, Sansa Stark (Yes Bran and Rickon will never claim the seat, or give it up to Sansa).

I want to see 7 'kingdoms', seven seperate kingdoms. However as to who is most deserving of the iron throne I would say Faegon, he is a targ and he has been moulded for kingship his whole life, he feels its his duty not his right.

other candidates:

Tommen: like someone else said tommen is a good lad and could easily be trained into a great king so long as he has the proper guidence.

Jon Snow: He would make a good king however, he is like aegon IMO however just not as good, he is destined for AA not kingship

Stannis: he won't get it IMO, however if he did he would be good, he believes its his right and duty to be king and he wouldn't be a lazy king either

• 9 months later...

He wants the right thing and the right thing is him on the Iron Throne. If he finds out that someone else has better claim, then (I believe) he will give it to him/her.

that's what I've been saying if Jon is r+l stannis will support him id like to c Jon on throne atannis as hand

Firstly she already has a claim after Tommen, doesn't have to murder thousens of people to get the Throne. And neither did I see her ever wanting to go war for it, I don't see entitlement in her either. Because of that she is already way better than the likes of Aegon, Stannis and Dany.

It was often said that Myrcella is very smart, she constantly beat Tristan at cywass.

Sansa thinks she is sweet and kind as well.

tyrion too thinks she is a kind child, so does Arianne.

She was able to hold her own against Joff and talked back to him with sassy comebacks.

Don't need a sweet child in the throne

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, The First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Mereen, Volantis and the Nine Free Cities of Essos, the Unburnt, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Shackles, Mother of Dragons and Protector of the Realm.

If not her than Sansa Stark.

Well ... what do we mean by deserves?

The role of the king is to prevent wars, protect the realm from hostile invasions and administer justice. To do this he (or she) needs to be feared but also be capable of inspiring loyalty and/or satisfying the interests and ambitions of his nobles. He needs to be talented in war and hardworking but also needs to possess a shrewd understanding of political realities and be prepared to cut some messy compromises on occasion.

So, on that measure: Tywin Lannister (think William I of England, or Henry I. Both good monarchs with some similarities to Tywin)

Renly is not as talented or as intelligent but if we factor in the facts surrounding his bid for power he would have made the best king. He united the Reach and the Stormlands and he was unobjectionable in all the other kingdoms saving the westerlands. If Robb hadn't declared independence Renly would have been a good man to back as someone who could restore peace and defeat the lannisters. Renly is likeable, reasonably clever, and not afraid to take some unpleasant actions.

Stannis is too divisive and lacked support, while Jon is unlikely to be suited to sitting the iron throne (he would make a good lord of Winterfell).

The one I root for, and want to see win, is of course Stannis, but unlike some of his other fans I don't believe he would make the best king in a 'what is best for the common good' sort of way although he wouldn't necessarily be bad.

If we mean deserve in the sense of who, personally, is very able, while also being just and morally upright then Jon Snow would be most deserving when he gets to be a little older.

So

1. Tywin on the basis of being most suited to exercise the kingship.

1. Renly on the basis that, in the circumstances of CoK, he was probably in the best position to fulfill the role of the king successfully.

1. Jon if moral integrity coupled with ability deserves stuff.

Tywin and renley are dead

Well.. if you treat the Iron Throne a "reward" for being good (generous, kind hearted, loyal, etc.) . Then, I would vote for Sansa, Davos, Barristan Selmy, Podrick Payne, and probably Tommen(such an irony). I think that no one would argue these are the ones with pure hearts and who strive for the common good. Some might also include Jon Snow and Gendry, but unfortunate circumstances have forced them to do wrong.

On the other hand, if you were to take the literal meaning of the question, "Who DESERVES the I.T. more?" then the answer would be: "Whoever has actually done something for the benefit of the realm and does not crave the Iron Throne for personal reasons ."

Then the only one who comes forward is Stannis. He saved the Night's Watch from extinction and defeated invaders that would have ravished the North, which had declared itself independent and chastised him just a few months prior. He also had to get rid of his own brother, who had done the kingdom a disservice by fractioning it even further. Furthermore, Stannis tried to seize Joffrey and his mother, who had actively acted in the murder of the legitimate king.

In conclusion, Stannis would be the logical choice; however, there are others who could deserve it as well, but Stannis is the one who has actually DONE SOMETHING for it.

Archived