Who deserves the Iron Throne the most

The Black Hawk

Yes Stannis deserves it for a little while. And yeah he does look younger in the new season. That episode was so freakin good!

If Jon or Dany get the throne it won't be til the end because they are the heroes and one of them will be the final person on the throne when the books end. I think there will be a few more ppl in between now and then.

He looks 10years younger in the new season and in the book Davos thinks he looks 10 years older :D

And if GRRM wants to surprise me.. why not Ser Bronn!

Amen. Daenerys is the only person who (in the eyes of gods and men) should sit the Throne.

Is dany a his? Lol silly targ fans!

The targs were dethroned by force. They took westeros by right of conquest and lost it the same way.

Is dany a his? Lol silly targ fans!

The targs were dethroned by force. They took westeros by right of conquest and lost it the same way.

I love Dany, but after reading Dunk and Egg, the whole Targ family is a bunch of nuts all except Dany and Aegon V, they are ok. It's hard to love this family when they are so incest, all of them, even the ones who have Dornish mothers or some other blood in them or whatever are still 2/3rds Targ, which is just so weird to think about. 'my grandparents on one side were brother and sister' ugh

I love Dany, but after reading Dunk and Egg, the whole Targ family is a bunch of nuts all except Dany and Aegon V, they are ok. It's hard to love this family when they are so incest, all of them, even the ones who have Dornish mothers or some other blood in them or whatever are still 2/3rds Targ, which is just so weird to think about. 'my grandparents on one side were brother and sister' ugh

no different from the egyptian pharaohs who were responsible for a large part of our more impressive historical accomplishments.

Stannis would not make a good king. He is religiously intolerant, too unyielding and suborn and wouldn't inspire loyalty from the commoners or lords, Renly on the other hand would have made a good king for all the opposite reasons. I don't think Stannis would make a good king, by not siding with Renly he plunged the kingdoms into an ongoing war that he could have avoided, however he will redeem himself by dieing in battle to defeat the others.

As much as I hate him I am going to champion little finger for king, he is an economic genius, smart and wouldn't take any shit he is a self made man who would do the job and do it well.

As much as I hate him I am going to champion little finger for king, he is an economic genius, smart and wouldn't take any shit he is a self made man who would do the job and do it well.

seven help us! as much i like him as a character, i hate him as a person and believe he would be a worse king than stannis. at least stannis has abiding by the law going for him. all littlefinger has is being able to make money. neither is enough to be king.

littlefinger has little regard for human life and would not care about the common folk at all. he would probably have a decent relationship with the nobles but would try to keep alliances from being formed and prefer the realm to be in a slight state of turmoil rather than at peace. and i believe he would be just as severe when it comes killing people as stannis, if not worse. i doubt he would care about religion though, so there's that. plus i'm not sure what littlefinger knows about war. no, littlefinger would be a weak king, imho but a strong member of the council. i wouldn't even want him for hand whereas i think stannis would make a great hand. he just wouldn't like the position because of his personal insecurities.

Stannis would not make a good king. He is religiously intolerant, too unyielding and suborn and wouldn't inspire loyalty from the commoners or lords, Renly on the other hand would have made a good king for all the opposite reasons. I don't think Stannis would make a good king, by not siding with Renly he plunged the kingdoms into an ongoing war that he could have avoided, however he will redeem himself by dieing in battle to defeat the others.

I would love to see where you based this. Because from what we have seen Olenna believed that
He knew how to dress and he knew how to smile and he knew how to bathe, and somehow he got the notion that this made him fit to be king.

Donan Noye who knew him from his childhood

And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day
even Jaime
Renly would have been the best dressed king ... and that's about it

To summarize it up as Galbart Glover put it

Renly is not right!

so no you are wrong.

Jon Snow or Aegon regardless of who their parents are. They would be the most fair and just kings from what I have seen. Stannis is also a good candidate for king, but with the new religion I'm not sure how it would go. Burning people is his only negative. I think the realm would benefit from any of the three.

I'm rooting for Jon, assuming he isn't dead.

I would love to see where you based this. Because from what we have seen Olenna believed that

Donan Noye who knew him from his childhood even Jaime

To summarize it up as Galbart Glover put it

so no you are wrong.

This is what I base it on.

religiously tolerant = We never saw him to have any extreme religious reviews. Stannis on the other hand....

Yielding and un stubborn = his generous terms to Stannis, allowing Robb to retain title.

Inspiring loyalty from his lords and people = the size of his army says it all really and catalyn remarks on how he inspires love from his small folk (see way he dealt with sleepy guard)

Now to refute your quotes

Queen of thorns - everything she says i sketchy at best with underlying agenda's, who was she talking to, she said this after the Tyrells had join the lanisters. seen as she is the real power behind highgarden do you really think she would have oined with rennly if she thought he was so bad?

Noye - basses his opinion a man he knew as boy, he knows nothing of renlly the man post RR. what was it he said about Stannis again?? 'he will break before he bends, read Antigone by Sophocles if you want to know how that will owrk out

Jamie - clearly biast as he is supporting the Lanisters and will be against any 'pretenders'

however I have nothing to say about Glover, what a northern lord who knows nothing about rennly says 'he is not right' i take that as pretty solid damning evidence against Rennly's character. (jokes, no it is not I was being sarcastic)

At the end of the day you can quote as many people as you like but it doesn't change Rennly's accomplishments such as gaining huge support in a short space of time and his kingly attributes such as knowledge of strategic warfare, politically savvy and experience in ruling.

So no you have your opinion and I have mine, we are both entitled to them but at the end of the day my in based on the hard facts we have seen about rennly in the books and yours is bassed on a fan boy crush that is almost as fanatic as Stannis himself.

seven help us! as much i like him as a character, i hate him as a person and believe he would be a worse king than stannis. at least stannis has abiding by the law going for him. all littlefinger has is being able to make money. neither is enough to be king.

littlefinger has little regard for human life and would not care about the common folk at all. he would probably have a decent relationship with the nobles but would try to keep alliances from being formed and prefer the realm to be in a slight state of turmoil rather than at peace. and i believe he would be just as severe when it comes killing people as stannis, if not worse. i doubt he would care about religion though, so there's that. plus i'm not sure what littlefinger knows about war. no, littlefinger would be a weak king, imho but a strong member of the council. i wouldn't even want him for hand whereas i think stannis would make a great hand. he just wouldn't like the position because of his personal insecurities.

Oh that is interesting you like him but think he would be a good (opposite to me) I hate him but think he would be a good king.

Certainly his fiscal policy would benefit Westeros greatly, the small folk among this, this is just what I feel.

True he does revel in turmoil but I don't think he would allow it if he were king and as you say his alliance making abilities (tyrell and Aryn) would quickly stomp that out and bring stability to the realm.

And yes prehaps he would kill a few too many people being a nut case and all but in an autocratic hierarchy such as westeros this shouldn't be too big a problem.

And yes not much war experiance but hey that is what a war council is for.

You may not want him as hand bu Jaime lanister did so I think that attests to his ability to rule.

This is why I think he would be a good king and also in line with the first post he is a self made man who came from small beginings to become one of the post powerful lords in Westeros and the pupet master of the game of thrones so in that sense I guess you could say he deserves to be king.

I would say the King in the North but they don't want the Iron Throne, so I will saay whoever is able to win out of the Targs, Lannisters, Tyrells and Baratheons. I do think in the end the Targs return to the throne and if they win the war, they deserve it.

Stannis would not make a good king. He is religiously intolerant, too unyielding and suborn and wouldn't inspire loyalty from the commoners or lords, Renly on the other hand would have made a good king for all the opposite reasons.

D.B. Weiss has said it's "unquestionably true" that Renly would have been a better king, and says "Stannis would be a terrible king, most likely"

Of course that's just his opinion, by no means authoritative, but I was surprised he was so blunt, especially in the face of a fanbase that contains so many Stannis fans who can't bear having their "king" criticized.

I would say the King in the North but they don't want the Iron Throne, so I will saay whoever is able to win out of the Targs, Lannisters, Tyrells and Baratheons. I do think in the end the Targs return to the throne and if they win the war, they deserve it.

Who is this 'king in the north' you speak of????

D.B. Weiss has said it's "unquestionably true" that Renly would have been a better king, and says "Stannis would be a terrible king, most likely"

Of course that's just his opinion, by no means authoritative, but I was surprised he was so blunt, especially in the face of a fanbase that contains so many Stannis fans who can't bear having their "king" criticized.

That is interesting, thanks for sharing that with me. I wonder if David B shares his view? you're right it is funny how Stannis fans take criticism of him lol :cheers:

Archived