[Book Spoilers] Season 3 Finale?

mystikherb

Agree I think the Lady Stoneheart reveal at Frey hanging would be a great start to season 4.

I would much rather see her reveal pushed to season 4 than see her brought back in season 3 just by being resurrected.

Although if they do I'd rather see it at the end of season 4 rather than the beginning. It just feels like an ending moment to me, it's the way the best book of the series to date ended.

I would much rather see her reveal pushed to season 4 than see her brought back in season 3 just by being resurrected.

Although if they do I'd rather see it at the end of season 4 rather than the beginning. It just feels like an ending moment to me, it's the way the best book of the series to date ended.

I 100% agree with you. It's just far too soon to do it at the end of season 3. There is not time to soak in her death, so the surprise of the resurrection will be significantly lessened. However, to go a whole season without even thinking she exists anymore. THAT is effective.

I always thought that hanging scene and LS reveal was camera ready. Though I don't think they will wait to the end of season 4 as that would mean very little screen time for Cat...though I suspect the writters will play around with this story line (such as allowing LS to speak), so that the actress playing Cat has enough episodes.

That would be WAY too soon for Lady Stoneheart to appear, she's only been dead for one episode. It would be a cool finale, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I agree with it being too soon. Her death is gonna cause quite a bit of reaction, why not leave people to stew a bit, instead of just killing her in one episode and she's already back in the next.

Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that I dislike Cat and would rather not see Lady Stoneheart as soon as possible :D

No, its not too soon to reveal Uncat. It matches the themes of the season, it matches what has been set up with Thoros & Beric. It closes the arc of Beric which we would otherwise never see again. REMEMBER - The show does not do flashbacks to fill in this kind of stuff later. They've already fired "Chehkov's resurrection", and they will pay it off.

The reveal does not have to show much... Just the eyes opening or a breath drawn would be enough. The final reveal of her look and state of mind would wait until season 4.

In a practical sense, it would also be a hard secret to keep for a year. Not to mention how silly and out of left field such a reveal would be to a TV audience, more than a year later. Many will consider it a "jump the shark moment", so you might as well get it over quickly. (I never cared for the UnCat reveal in the book - IMO one of GRRMs weaker ideas that substantially weakens death, now that we know characters can be brought back)

I agree with it being too soon. Her death is gonna cause quite a bit of reaction, why not leave people to stew a bit, instead of just killing her in one episode and she's already back in the next.

Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that I dislike Cat and would rather not see Lady Stoneheart as soon as possible :D

A bit, not a year. People are going to forget all of the hints and discussions about resurrection and all the conversations between arya/beric/thoros/melisandre.

And like others have said about it wrapping up Beric's arc as well as all of the foreshadowing this year with resurrection. It makes too much sense.

Despite the track listing, I still think the UnCat reveal will be the final shot of the season. They've just set up too much this season to avoid it... They haven't built up the resurrection and character of Beric without giving him a final scene where he can "make it up to Arya". (Remember, the show does not do flashbacks)

Good point, Beric still owes Arya for Gendry and The Hound and he can't resurrect her father.

It would be the next best thing since they can't use the Nymeria dream any more than flashbacks.

No, its not too soon to reveal Uncat. It matches the themes of the season, it matches what has been set up with Thoros & Beric. It closes the arc of Beric which we would otherwise never see again. REMEMBER - The show does not do flashbacks to fill in this kind of stuff later. They've already fired "Chehkov's resurrection", and they will pay it off.

The reveal does not have to show much... Just the eyes opening or a breath drawn would be enough. The final reveal of her look and state of mind would wait until season 4.

In a practical sense, it would also be a hard secret to keep for a year. Not to mention how silly and out of left field such a reveal would be to a TV audience, more than a year later. Many will consider it a "jump the shark moment", so you might as well get it over quickly. (I never cared for the UnCat reveal in the book - IMO one of GRRMs weaker ideas that substantially weakens death, now that we know characters can be brought back)

Actually, I thought he did a great inversion of a resurrection by having her still look as messed up as she was when she died, not giving her a voice, and making her menacing and threatening when we see her in Brienne's chapter. Stoneheart is GRRM's way of doing Gandalf's story arc the way he thinks it ought to be.

Actually, I thought he did a great inversion of a resurrection by having her still look as messed up as she was when she died, not giving her a voice, and making her menacing and threatening when we see her in Brienne's chapter. Stoneheart is GRRM's way of doing Gandalf's story arc the way he thinks it ought to be.

Well said, well said (why is there no laughing smiley)

I never thought we got Cat back, I've always thought she's only a different Cat in the same coat (pun intended). Lady Stoneheart =/= Catelyn, and if they have Cat's resurrection, I hope they make the viewers understand that Catelyn is dead, she died the moment Robb died, and bringing her body back to life won't bring her back.

Samples for the Season 3 soundtrack are out. For the past two seasons, the last track on the album has been the epic music featured in the last scene of the season: "Finale" in Season 1 and "Three Blasts" in Season 2. The last track on the album is not "Mhysa" (that's the second-last track) but "For the Realm." However, if you listen to the sample, "For the Realm" isn't "epic" at all; it's nothing more than a simple guitar arrangement of the title theme. It's very pretty, but it seems like more of a closing-credits song than anything playing over the action itself.

...So I don't know what to think, heh.

I honestly think Mhysa is a terrible closing scene. I know Dany has a ton of fans but who really gives a shit if a bunch of former slaves in Essos think she's awesome? Is that really a great way to end a season?.."Hey everyone, Dany's definitely not coming to Westeros soon! Please tune in next year to see Dany free more slaves!"

The closing scene should be something that makes you excited to see what's coming next. Dragons are born! White Walkers are coming! Dany freed slaves!!! Dany ruling some place no one gives a shit about is not intriguing. Resurrecting Cat is mega intriguing. Think of all the conversation and speculation even if the timing is quick.

Samples for the Season 3 soundtrack are out. For the past two seasons, the last track on the album has been the epic music featured in the last scene of the season: "Finale" in Season 1 and "Three Blasts" in Season 2. The last track on the album is not "Mhysa" (that's the second-last track) but "For the Realm." However, if you listen to the sample, "For the Realm" isn't "epic" at all; it's nothing more than a simple guitar arrangement of the title theme. It's very pretty, but it seems like more of a closing-credits song than anything playing over the action itself.

...So I don't know what to think, heh.

Yeah, the last track is just 1:31 seconds long, so it is possible, and the season will end with "MHYSA! MHYSA! MHYSA!"

Could you link to these samples? I'd like to hear myself. If it actually ended with Dany, I'd imagine the credits theme to be Dany/GoT theme mix.

Same here, it's so cool they always end on supernatural note. Dany would be a lovely ending but Cat is a great, WTF cliffhanger.

I'd imagine the Brotherhood being all chill 'n stuff, singing songs at a campfire when someone stumbles upon a corpse. We see it's Cat's. End of season.

Sure it won't be as cool as the previous two season endings, but it will make the unsullied cackle like a group of hens for the good part of a year. And if this is the final scene, I guess we'll be having a Nymeria scene before that one.

Edit: Or we'll just have the Cat opens her eyes after Beric gives the kiss of life ending.

Another edit: Actually, I have no idea.

As long as they make it clear that Catelyn is extremely disfigured and even more pissed than she is disfigured, I think it will be clear to people that this is NOT a good thing. HONESTLY THOUGH, I reread the epilogue and I think that that works just fine for the reveal. I could see it in my head. Especially if Talisa survives (which would be super lame, IMO). Make it seem like it's her taking revenge for her husband but once they get to the line about how she doesn't talk because they cut her throat too deeply, that's the moment the penny drops.

As long as they make it clear that Catelyn is extremely disfigured and even more pissed than she is disfigured, I think it will be clear to people that this is NOT a good thing. HONESTLY THOUGH, I reread the epilogue and I think that that works just fine for the reveal. I could see it in my head. Especially if Talisa survives (which would be super lame, IMO). Make it seem like it's her taking revenge for her husband but once they get to the line about how she doesn't talk because they cut her throat too deeply, that's the moment the penny drops.

That's what it'll take for me to be happy about them showing her before the epic epilogue scene. Whatever they do, they should show her as the tormented corpse she is ;]

That's what it'll take for me to be happy about them showing her before the epic epilogue scene. Whatever they do, they should show her as the tormented corpse she is ;]

100% agreed.

As I stated previously (somewhere sometime), Cat died when Robb died, and all that remains is lady Stoneheart. They NEED to make the unsullied understand that.

Archived