[Book Spoilers] Season 3 Finale?

mystikherb

Guys, I have just seen this on the net. I don`t know whether it`s posted here, but all I can say about the following link is that atrocities continue in Mhysa

Here`s the article about Mhysa episode: http://film-book.com...mages-spoilers/

Don`t go if you don`t want to see spoilers...

Oh my gosh!! I'm actually shaking after seeing one of those pictures- it's a worse reaction than the actual Red Wedding scene. I thought I was prepared for that image but I guess not. :ack: :crying:

I agree and it goes for the whole season. There was a level of uncertainty what and when things were going to happen that wasn't there as much in season one, was kind of there but to a lesser degree in season two. Talisa in particular for all the griping about her I think created a level of engagement in that storyline that might not have been there otherwise.

Yeah -- Talisa definitely helped keep readers off-balance; wonder when she will finally be revealed as Tywin's "spy" -- LOL. But seriously, except for (what I thought was a misstep with the Theon scenes), I was really impressed with this season, and I really want to see it D&D put the cherry on top with something suitably epic in the finale.

Oh my gosh!! I'm actually shaking after seeing one of those pictures- it's a worse reaction than the actual Red Wedding scene. I thought I was prepared for that image but I guess not. :ack: :crying:

You know I am glad they put that into the show. I mean, it`s one of those things we love ASOIAF - the level of viciousness and cruelty... And I am glad they showed that. It`ll be tough to watch, but I think it`s going to depict the true horror of RW far better than actual wedding scene...

Definitely-the only episode that was weak-ish was episode and it wasn't really that bad all things considering. I just think it had too many of the same kinds of scenes together, including the infamous Theon scene, that it just didn't work. I thought all the other episodes this season was good to great and sort of feel people take the improved production values for granted.

Despite my opinion considering Sansa, I have to admit this season had its moments in all aspects. The gold must go to epically beautiful music by Ramin Djawadi. The introduction of Valyrian was also splendid, and several cast members really did amazing job, especially NCW, Diana Rigg, Charles Dance and Michelle Fairley. The season 3 cast addition was great, and I have to say I loved them all, especially Beric, QOT and Jojen. All in all, there were flaws, sometimes they weren`t that great, but I truly believe this was more than decent season.

Season 3 has been the best season easily IMO. It's not just that the story is fantastic in ASOS, but the direction and the storytelling style has really evolved from the early days of season 1 (especially the first half) where it's a rote retelling of the books. Production-value wise the show is at another level now too with the music, the CGI, the scenery. Fantastic stuff. Season 4 should be even better.

Couldn't agree more, especially with your production value point. I remember thinking how strangely smokey the Red Wedding looked, then reading that the entire scene was shot "Barry Lyndon" style in candlelight -- it's the only TV show I can think of that approaches (or even strives for) true "cinematography" like that. Kudos also to the art direction, set design, costuming, stunt cast, animal work, fencing master, fight choreographers, sound editors, Foley crew, and Ramin Djawadi for making everything else about his season so sumptuous. I'm expecting a whole slew of Emmys.

Coldhands might be a very good first episode, to catch people's attention. I think it is too soon to include him in season 3 because we are still waiting to hear the Rat Cook story and to see Sam go up the well, only after that does he explain what happened to him beyond the wall, and who is waiting for Bran in the other side.

Some great theories all around in this thread.

My contribution to the great debate pertains to Coldhands. I'm trying to combine what I know from the books with what we've seen in the series. A director plans each scene deliberately to further the story, foreshadow, etc. What stuck in my mind was the scene in episode 9 where Sam and Gilly are running after destroying the Walker. Besides yelling at the t.v. "don't leave the obsidian dagger, you dolt!", I noticed a large flock of crows following right behind them. Now, why would the director include a large flock of crows in flight in the dead of night, if it wasn't to foreshadow the arrival of Coldhands? It left me with the feeling that had the camera stayed stationary for a few seconds more, we would have seen him emerge. Those who have not read the books would not have noticed the flock as something more than props for a little "atmosphere", while the book readers would know the flock is at Coldhands' command. Of course, I could be completely off base here, but why would the director make that choice?

You guys are talking about Robbwind, right? I'm going to have nightmare again. I barely managed to fall asleep after seeing that still yesterday.

Yes, there is a picture of it, if you want to see it...

Yeah, I wish I had not clicked on that, I wish they had not done that am I am wishing very hard right now that is only a few seconds of screen time in the show.

I actually think it`s going to be prolongued ride... You know so to show people`s horror...

omg

I am sorry if I disturbed you... I did warn everybody...

Y'know, it's not like there's a delicate way to do it. If it's in at all, it's going to be gruesome. So if it's in, a bunch of people will complain that it's excessive, and if its out, a bunch of people will complain that it was an important scene and it got left out.

So Robbwind is kind of a lose-lose proposition for D&D either way.

You know I am glad they put that into the show. I mean, it`s one of those things we love ASOIAF - the level of viciousness and cruelty... And I am glad they showed that. It`ll be tough to watch, but I think it`s going to depict the true horror of RW far better than actual wedding scene...

I agree, the Red wedding scene was brutal but that picture has brought tears to my eyes and added fuel to my Frey hate.

Well, it's safe to say I wont be looking at Robb in the same way again...

To be honest what made the whole Mhysa scene interesting in the book was because of Dany's vision in THotU

She saw that coming and it was emotional for her

In the series it was almost like a messiah moment lol

Archived