(NO SPOILERS) Positive Nitpicking - what you loved about this episode.

shiola

Qyburn's fucking creepy expression as he was cutting away the flesh on Jaime's stump. :shudders:

Roose's trolling.

"Weddings are Safer"

The murder of the Lannister boys. Much better handled in the show imo. We were introduced to them beforehand, and we got to see them killed. It made for a much more shocking scene.

One thing I liked in the episode was the symmetry between the Jon scene and the Jaime scene as they presented them. Both scenes involved a body of water and an intimate situation and acted as a kind of character rebirth or baptism for them both. Jaime's was a breaking of his snarky defences and explained why he broke his vows while Jon's was his defences crumbling down resulting in him breaking his vows and being (potentially) reborn as a Wildling.

1. The duel between the Hound and Beric.

2. Roose being Roose.

3. Qyburn's creepiness and voice.

4. Tyrion humbled by the Queen of Thorns.

5. Lannister boy murder, it was shocking.

6. Robb beheading Karstark, Blackfish punching Karstark, Karstark saying "you're no king of mine".

7.Bathtub scene obviously, everything about it. "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

8. Davos and Shireen.

9.The whole conversation between Barristan and Jorah and the marching sequence.

So much to love in this episode!

1. The Hound v. Beric. Best done duel so far in the series

2. Arya- Trying to stab the Hound herself, the return of her nightly prayer, losing Gendry, asking Thoros about bringing back a man with no head. So many feels in one episode.

3. Roose Trollton, that is now his official name in my mind. That was masterful trolling of Jaime

4. Qyburn- one of the few characters that I find completely terrifying and completely irredeemable. The expression on his face right before Jaime screams? yikes.

5. Shireen is absolutely adorable and I loved the relationship with Ser Onion Knight. We need something that's just cute and sweet in the face of all the death and destruction going on elsewhere.

6. The bath scene of course. Who didn't love that? GC and NCW are perfection

7. Tywin being the Tywin I imagined from the books. Laying down the law in that commanding tone to his kids. No more being nice to the cupbearer, just doing what needs to be done to secure his legacy. I REALLY want to see a Tywin/Joffrey confrontation now though.

I think it's cool how we can compare characters based on how they execute people-

Ned Stark- solumn and in control

Joffrey- Little bastard got someone else to do it

Jon Snow- Failed to execute Ygritte, showing doubts/compassion

Theon- Took four swings and a kick, horrified reaction

Robb- Angry reaction afterwards

I was so fucking glad that they included my favourite line from the books. They changed it ever so slightly, but that's OK.

"There will be pain"

"I'll scream"

"Quite a bit of pain"

"I'll scream loudly"

I had to pause at the point because I was so happy.

1) Sandor vs. Beric was done very, very well. The only thing that would have made it just a bit better was if the Hound had his amazing ''I'm the only terror here'' line and if he'd cried. However, very much enjoyed this fight. Possible the best swordfight in the series?

Arya's face in the fire-light, hatred and sadness all in one. The Hound's face as Beric rises.

2) Tormund LOOKS great (I just really need to hear a HAR!! or at least a member joke!! come on guys!)

I really like the chemistry of Jon + Ygritte.

The music in this scene was lovely.

I really liked it.

''We shouldn't'' and Ygritte's almost pained face ''we should''

Kit smiling?!?! Haha, I think he's getting better, bless him.

''I don't ever want to leave this cave Jon Snow, not ever'' + the music was just lovely.

3) PISS ON THAT!! I'LL SHOVE THOSE ARROWS UP YOUR ARSE!! God, I love Rory's Sandor SO MUCH.

4) ROOSE. FUCKING. BOLTON. (I love Roose lol) TROLLING THE FUCK OUT OF JAIME.

I love how he's still got a very quiet voice, in a show with a lot of theatre-trained actors with loud, clear booming voices.

The dead, grey eyes. The threat to Locke.

Oooh, Roose. Nikolaj's acting here is perfect, as usual. Falling to the ground.

''Ser Jaime isn't well...take him to Qyburn''

5) Qyburn's creepy high pitched voice, LOVE IT.

''The Citadel stripped me of it (his chain) they found some of my experiments...too bold''

No Milk of the Poppy.

There will be pain.

I'll scream.

Quite. A bit. Of pain.

I'll scream loudly.

The shot of Jaime screaming was great, too.

6) Arya + Gendry.

''Serve him? I've served men my entire life..../

I'm done serving''

''Ive never had a family''

''I can be your family''

''You wouldn't be my family. You'd be milady''

:crying:

7)Showing the Lannister boys being killed. Brutal and horrible, but I'm glad they showed it. Had a great impact.

I actually liked Robb this episode (when he wasn't with talisa). ''THEY WERE BOYS!!''

Fairley looking absolutely beautiful in a terribly sad way, with her flowing hair and melancholy air.

Karstark was great.

Talisa was AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. (As usual) INTERRUPTING CATELYN? FOR FUCKS SAKE. I HATE HER SO MUCH. I HATE HER.

8) I thought the beheading scene was AMAZING.

''Blood of the first men flows through my veins as much as yours boy''

''I don't want it to save me...I want it to haunt you to the end of your days''

I felt Robb's angry swing instantly at ''YOU ARE NO KING OF MINE'' in the rain was fucking fabulous. Reminded me that I actually liked Robb a lot in the book. + the music was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

9) Arya's kill list is back!

''...The Hound''

I love Thoros. And Maisie really is wonderful, they struck gold when finding her.

I loved the dialogue. ''Do I frighten you child?'' ''No''

His wounds looked great too and the stories of his deaths.

And...

''Could you bring back a man without a head? Not 6 times, just once''

''I don't think it works like that, child...''

10) I LOVE CRAZY SELYSE. AND THE FETUS ROOM. This is pure Gothic Horror and I fucking *loved* it.

''When she told me...I wept...with joy'' and the subtle music. ''Oh...my sweet boys...'' Just chilling. It was superb.

''I give you nothing''

''That's not true''

''She's my *daughter!* I *want* to see her!''

Shireen singing Patchface song was nice BUT I really, really would have loved Patchface. :( I'm guessing it would have been really ridiculous to have on screen though?

Seriously, love the subtle dragonstone music. So creepy but also really sad.

Shireen is awesome! It would have been better if she had black hair (obviously) but she's so adorable and sad and lonely that it doesn't matter so much to me.

11) THE BATH SCENE WAS SPECTACULAR. My, my, my Nikolaj Coster-Waldau really is fantastic. I can't say it enough. He's amazing. So is Gwendoline Christie, she's the perfect Brienne. Their scenes together are always a TREAT to watch, the chemistry between them is amazing.

Seriously though, this scene was out of this world.

''By what right does the WOLF judge the LION? BY WHAT RIGHT?''

And the Jaime in Brienne's arms as an inverted trope of the maiden in the hero's arms was great.

''Jaime...my name is Jaime''

Just wonderful.

12) ''Onion Knight! Ser Onion Knight!''

I love Shireen + Davos chemistry. Liam Cunningham is the perfect and I MEAN PERFECT Davos. I JUST love him.

''I can't read the words''

''I'll teach you!''

''I wouldn't know where to start''

''At the beginning''

AWW SHIREEN BABY GIRL YOU'RE JUST SO LOVELY :crying:

13) The music and transition into Dany's scene is great.

Dany looking like a Warrior Queen and not just a petulant girl.

- Jorah + Barristan's back stories and pissing contest is great, haha.

The Valyrian = SO GREAT.

+ Grey Worm! I love it. And Dany's overwhelmed reaction.

14) ''I can't tell you how touched I am. By your concern for my wealthfare'' HAHAHAHA PEDOFINGER REARS HIS HEAD.

15)Of course Charles Dance as Tywin was fantastic. Cersei's smug little ''Daddy loves me more'' face all the way through the scene until the end.

''I am QUEEN REGENT, NOT SOME BROOD MARE''

''You are MY DAUGHTER. You will do as I command''

''Father don't make me do it again please...''

''My children...you disgrace the Lannister name for far too long...''

And the shot of them both sitting there looking dejected beneath the Lannister wolf.

Firstly, two words: Roose Bolton

Next: Of course Jaime and Brienne, Arya, and Dany. Oh and Tywin pulling one over on Cersei and her "I'm about to explode" facial expressions.

This thread is for discussing what you loved about the episode, from the largest plot point to the smallest facial expression or background detail. No complaining in this thread, please.

Book/TV spoilers are fine inside spoiler tags ONLY. If you do not know how to make one, it's simple. Here is an example:

[.spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father[/.spoiler] without the periods becomes

Darth Vader is Luke's father

I want everyone to be able to enjoy this thread, so please make sure anything that could remotely be considered a spoiler or hint is inside tags. If you aren't sure, tag it anyway.

I look forward to seeing what little details everyone picks up on!

Thank you for teaching me how to make those because

I was far too lazy to google it!

Talisa was AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. (As usual) INTERRUPTING CATELYN? FOR FUCKS SAKE.

To be fair, she is the Queen of the North and Catelyn is in disgrace...

I HATE HER.

Full disclosure, I am not a fan either. I like Oona, just don't like Talisa (unless there is a certain plot development they might do)

As an aside, I saw a video from the S3 Premier and Oona was being interviewed by WinterIsComing. The interviewer asked her "So how do you feel your TV character is different from the your book character?" Oona gave her this awesome "OMG are you really that stupid?" look.

Stannis smiled for the first time in the series. You only see it for half a second, but it was there.

There definitely was a song in the background for the whole of the dragonstone scenes, I loved it. Very creepy, and very sad.

I sounded like a softer, more sombre version of Stannis' main theme last season.

I was so fucking glad that they included my favourite line from the books. They changed it ever so slightly, but that's OK.

"There will be pain"

"I'll scream"

"Quite a bit of pain"

"I'll scream loudly"

I had to pause at the point because I was so happy.

YES! I was so happy too. I may have squealed.

I loved that Tyrion didn't mock Cersei after her desperate cry. He didn't seem to enjoy it at all. This marks, I hope, a change in their relationship. They are now put in the same horrible spot by their harsh father.

Good point! I forgot he'd done that in the book. I like it this way, as well. They both sat there like "Wow, we're fucked. This sucks for both of us." Even though she had been a bitch a moment before, he had compassion for her because they are both in that situation and they love someone else.

YESSSS. That scene was so intense and brutal. I didn't think they'd show it either. I'm glad they did though because it had so much more of an impact for me than in the books. "Hang him last" gave me chills-- just like Brienne in season 2 "Two quick deaths, one slow death."

Blackfish SLAPPING that bitch up. I did NOT expect that. He's so cool.

Blackfish took on the Greatjon's actions/lines in that scene.

I loved that Jon stood up to Orell. I was getting a bit tired of Jon just sitting back and taking it from these Wildlings and wanted him to show some spirit and sass. Jon Snow S1-2 didn't take shit from people like Orell - he shouldn't have done it this time. Glad he stood up and I loved his line about the eagle and the kite. His/Ygritte's scenes I mostly liked. There were a few things I could say I didn't like - like I wish it hadn't been their first time so he could say the wonderful 'I know I want you' rather than 'we shouldn't' line.

Jaime/Brienne - everytime they were on screen. Period. Straight up winning for those two. Jaime's vulnerability and her realization that he wasn't a monster but a hero who had lived with this horrible secret for years. He used his pride as his armor and refused to defend his actions.

Arya - when she screamed Kill him and then went after the Hound, losing it on the ground with Gendry and screamed 'burn in hell' - you could see the total disillusionment of that little girl then. She wanted justice and thought for once she'd get it. Then watched The Hound kill another man she kinda respected.

Arya/Gendry - I could be your family. No, you'll always be mi'lady. :bawl:

Arya again - with Thoros and Beric. Wanting Thoros to bring back Ned.

Robb and Karstark. I hated it and loved it. I loved that they kept so many good lines from the book. I hated that I knew it would end badly (again) so I spent the whole time yelling 'no Robb! Don't do it!' but Karstark's actor really did justice to that scene as did Richard Madden. Poor Cat having that on her conscience but yay that Robb defended her. I wish Talisa had stayed out of that scene. In the books it was better because he had spared his wife that but Talisa took some of Cat's lines which was a minor thing. When Robb cut his head off and afterwards clenched his fist and walked out of the Godswood - it showed how hard it was for him to do.

Queen of Thorns smacking Tyrion down hard. She's the only one I could stand watching do that. And even he seemed impressed by it.

Shireen was precious and I loved her scenes with both Stannis (showing he IS human and she even made him smile!) and Davos (who doesn't love Uncle Onion Knight!?!)

Archived