Is it TOO obvious that Dany will win?

Mormont'sRaven

That's exactly why she won't win.

She's the favorite given she is the only candidate for IT who is a POV character, and when it comes down to her, Stannis and Cersei, we readers may be lead to believe it's her given that she is the lesser of the evils, even if she decides to fight the Starks, only to have R+L=J revealed and be relieved that the IT will go to someone who is truly deserving.

That's exactly why I'm 100% sure she will not win. She will probably become (I think she already is) mad, so she will become the main villain of the story, probably destroying Kings Landing.

Why is all that wildfire there? Some people think it's for Cersei, but my bet is Dany.

When she realizes she has no allies, she will attack King's Landing despite all the good counsel Barristan Selmy will give her. She will say: "I don't need allies. I have dragons. That's what Aegon did."

Then she will blow up the city, probably she will die too. At least I hope so.

Mad Dany, destroyer of King's Landing, mass murderer

Depends how you define winning. I personally don't think there'll be an iron throne left by the end of the series, so I guess nobody would really win when it came to that.

But if Dany found peace, her "little house with the red door and lemon tree", I think she'd be happy. Most people would call that winning.

I've thought for a long time the "fire" aspects of the show will actually turn out to be the antagonists while the "ice" aspects of the show the protagonists. So Dany becoming the antagonist and being a homicidal maniac only to be stopped and killed by say, Jon Snow or someone else fits right into that.

Wouldn't shock me either if The Others turn out not to be the antagonistic entity they appear to be,

Duh, Obviously Jojen Reed will become the next to sit on the throne. It's the only thing that makes sense ;)

Just kidding. I think Stannis will sit on it, then Dany beats Stannis, becomes Queen, but then goes north to fight the WW, dies without ever actually sitting on it. Jon Snow hops on a Dragon, kills the WW, and becomes the person to bring the realm together and is declared King of Westeros by right of his Targ blood (that is if he indeed is targ)

From what I've observed, very few readers predict she'll win or even survive, contradicting the claim that her victory is obvious.

But it's because her victory seems so obvious in the books that we think it's going to fall apart. You can't really separate the two. Most people who don't analyze the books that much like we do probably do think her victory's inevitable.

From what I've observed, very few readers predict she'll win or even survive, contradicting the claim that her victory is obvious.

People from the forums, who actually took the time to discuss GRRM's writing.

90% of the people who only watch the series thinks Dany is going back anytime to have a happy ending.

I think it's pretty clear that Dany is supposed to be the "favorite" and is clearly going to win the throne at the end. She's obviously "fire" and the series isn't called A Song of Ice and Fire for no reason.

Thoughts?

Good Hades, the favorite? :ack: That is a pretty frightening thought. Sure I don't mind her character but her languishing in the slavers pens while she pretends to be the ultimate force of good, coupled with her self contradictions in her rule, places her far away from my "favorites". :stillsick:

And what if she does represent fire? Aemon said it best with "fire burns and ice preserves", or something to that effect in AFFC.

Archived