[No Spoilers] The Ros Appreciation thread

Raion Laion

This is a thread for those who actually liked Ros. Please, if your main reason for coming to this thread is to show your unrequited negativity, go somewhere else.

As a hardcore book reader, Ros always struck me as the intriguing character. I've followed her character so gladly, adoring her femininity, wondering where do whores go. She was of gentle blood and kind nature. Kissed by fire.

Bye, girl.

They spent two seasons to build her up, even start to make her interesting and then this?

Come on, not only killing her it also appears pretty useless. Kill her offscreen by Joffrey, and then such a horrible death. It's not only sad but also a mockery to all viewers to dispose her like that

I really like(d) Ros. Even thought of writing a fanfic where she and Tyrion end up together after the war is over. Bummer. Never really understood the haters. The only scene that was a bit excessive was the Littllefinger "now play with her ass" monologue IMO.

But her role as LF's upclass companion to the wharf this season was weird and I knew it was not going to last. Her days were numbered once she told Varys.

Really you think so? That was the scene that made me really appreciate her character growth. She had gone from a back room whore to the personal assistant of the Master of Coin. Movin on up!

I never was a Ros hater, but I thought very little of her character usage in the previous seasons. She's been more interesting in this season, so her death now felt shocking and it was surprisingly sad to lose her. I saw earlier some (joke) predictions that Ros would end up in the Small Council, and thought that would be hilarious. Not going to happen now...

I kinda liked how I was completely in the dark with Ros' storyline, at the same level as the non-readers, trying to figure out what's her role in the larger scheme of things. I guess I was starting to root for her, even though I didn't realise it until it was too late :crying:

Not gonna lie, I did not see this coming. Having read the books as well as the fact that the show makes everything so brazenly obvious I thought I couldn't get shocked or surprised, but I did.

She had gone from a back room whore to the personal assistant of the Master of Coin. Movin on up!

I believe the official term is 'hand of the pimp'.

Saw this coming. Liked it. It made sense and her death finally gave Littlefinger some real credibility as a dangerous player.

Ros had a few pointless scenes over the years but her role of facilitating the development of other characters was useful on the whole. Her demise was sad and made me feel for her.

This is a thread for those who actually liked Ros. Please, if your main reason for coming to this thread is to show your unrequited negativity, go somewhere else.

As a hardcore book reader, Ros always struck me as the intriguing character. I've followed her character so gladly, adoring her femininity, wondering where do whores go. She was of gentle blood and kind nature. Kissed by fire.

Bye, girl.

Yep! And I also liked her pussy

I thought it was cleverly done that they, from what I remember, had Ros hit by the crossbow bolts in the same places as Arya places her arrows earlier in the show!?

Yes, she was! I think they are trying to establish a strong Arya/death connection (in the prewiev for the next episode she says death is her god).

Anyway, I liked Ros and I saw her purpouse. I loved the actress. She is beautiful.

I never loved Ros, nor did I hate her as some seem to, but I have to admit it shocked me when she was killed so brutally and without warning. Left me feeling slightly uneasy for several minutes after the episode ended.

I mean, I was expecting the Theon torture and such. Wasn't expecting that in the least.

it helps to just watch the show like any other TV show and think of her as a person and not as a plot device or shortcut, or bother about what her 'purpose' is. She's just a working girl who got royally fucked over by forces out of her control. In retrospect, there's a scene from season 2 where LF sort of 'warns' her about what happens to bad whores, so in a way you could see it coming.

I figured Ros would die eventually. This was not how I pictured it. It was definitely shocking. She wasn't a character that I was invested in, but I have to say she slightly grew on me in the first episode when she talks about Sansa and asks Shae to look out for her.

I don't understand people being mad or upset about her death though. This is Game of Thrones and people are going to die and it was my understanding that she is a character that sort of represents how the women in this society are treated. So LF selling her to Joffrey to use as toy in his sick game is sort of fitting in a way. It shows the depravity of the characters and the society in which they live in.

Archived