Arya and Bolton Prediction for WoW

Arya kiddin'

Stannis is already at the gates of Winterfell. If this mission he gave Ser Justin actually succeeds, I think it will only have an impact on the story much later on. By the time Massey comes back, the Stannis/Bolton conflict will be already over.

• 3 weeks later...

Stannis is already at the gates of Winterfell. If this mission he gave Ser Justin actually succeeds, I think it will only have an impact on the story much later on. By the time Massey comes back, the Stannis/Bolton conflict will be already over.

I can agree with that, Ramsay/Stannis is imminent.

Maybe something like this;

Ramsay: "Who in the seven hells are you?"

Arya: "Your wife." *stabs*

While I agree that would be absolutely awesome, my personal preference would be that:

Ramsey dies after being hunted through the snow for a long time by a black direwolf with an 8-year old on it's back.

Also, many years later, a black direwolf pup is named "Snow".

I'd love it if Arya returned to the North to kill Bolton, either as an acolyte-in-training or on her own somehow by defecting from the FM. BUT on a re-read of aDwD, Jon is talking with Tycho the banker, who says:

“The debts belong to the Iron Throne, and whosoever sits on that chair must pay them. Since young King Tommen and his counselors have become so obdurate, we mean to broach the subject with King Stannis. Should he prove himself more worthy of our trust, it would of course be our great pleasure to lend him whatever help he needs.”

This leads me to believe that after Stannis makes his deal with Tycho (and he does, based on Theon's spoiler chapter from tWoW) then Braavos will be at his disposal to help him in his cause. So, most likely, he'll have the FM kill Tommen, or Cersei. Because THAT'S his cause.

Like most ppl here, I'd love Arya to have a reunion with her family in the North, but IMO, all signs point to her offing someone in KL. And, we all know that GRRM doesn't go in for happy endings. Especially not for the Starks. :(

Ok so here's my theory. :dunno:

We know Massey is going to Bravos and this is the only way curretly feasible that Arya can get back in the picture again. Do you think it possible that Stannis might've ordered Massey to get a Faceless Man to kill off Bolton and that could be Arya?

Stannis knows that the Northern Alliance will completely shift should Bolton die, and this is the easy way in, without killing off northern troops that otherwise afterwards would be his.

I know FM don't kill people whom they know, but I believe she would do it once she knows from Massey and Poole that Bolton betrayed Cat and Robb for the Red Wedding. It is obvious she is learning all this for revenge and not to actually serve the Many Faced God.

Thoughts?

I believe it's possible he's sent to get a faceless man. But not Arya. He wants a full trained FM, but Arya will learn about the intentions and what's truly going on and she'll go to Westeros, even though she's not hired to.

But my guess is that Arya will not come back to Westeros so soon.

Stannis will probably win his encounter with Frey/Manderley and Ramsay Bolton. Whether Ramsay Bolton escapes or not is beside the point for now. What I'd like everyone to ponder on is that Roose Bolton now sits tight at Winterfell with a lot of good soldiers (mostly his own men) and ample provisions. A siege of Winterfell will NOT be easy. A siege of Winterfell might prove impossible in winter. Stannis has no food. Even a hundred good men could hold a WInterfell siege Ned always said. I very much doubt Roose Bolton will go down so easily, Stannis or no, even Stannis can't storm Winterfell at this point. Roose has put himself in a very advantageous position by sending Manderley away.

The only thing that might actually get him is FM or something similar, but even then you have to consider how careful Roose is (he never eats things unless he's seen it's not poisoned). I'm sure he's guarded very well at all times in every possible way. Even if there is a way into Winterfell via the crypts or whatever it will still be VERY hard to get to him.

Seeing as Roose is suspected on these boards of practicing blood magic to prevent his aging he might not even die of old age or sickness. How old is he anyway? He doesn't seem as old as he's supposed to be. His close relationship with Qyburn only moments after he met him only strengthens this suspicion.

Almost everything Roose has said up to this point have been lies or halftruths to further his agenda and I doubt he's merely looking for political power. The only real Roose we have seen is with Arya when she was his cupbearer. I think we'd all do well to reread those chapters and pay close attention if we want to know more about how Roose thinks or what his plans might be.

Roose is probably the most dangerous and powerful man in the North right now and we'd do well not to count him out too soon. Reek has the right of it when he calls Ramsay only a shadow of Roose. Roose is hiding behind Ramsay at this moment. Roose has always been very good at hiding his intentions and his actions behind other people and convincing other people of his non-malevolence, but in fact I think Roose may turn out to be the main villain of this song and he will not be dealt with as easily as anyone who died before him.

I love Stannis and I think he is a very capable man, probably one of the most capable men out there at the moment, but Roose is an adversary we should all respect and fear.

Someone pointed it out above. What if Arya takes down the Faceless Men herself? I think its too much of a plot convenience that Arya was simply "chosen" to live among them. They are grooming her for something. Something perhaps she won't agree with and before they have a chance to terminate her, she goes all Kill Bill on them.

Or perhaps some variation on it. I just don't see Arya getting away from FM cleanly.

Or maybe she does, and Martin is just trying to make it seem riddled with impending doom.

Theon is willingly sacrificed in front of the weirwood, allowing Jon Snow to be resurrected in Theon's body. TheJon kills Ramsay with a grey goose feathered arrow in the back when he tries to escape from a retaken Winterfell.

Roose Bolton will evacuate to the Dreadfort in due time and peacefully die in his sleep. "A quiet land, ..."

Arya will go to Westeros and start working on her list with Needle. She will be found dead come spring.

Bonus: Bran will attend the victory party at the end of ADoS. Chopped for firewood ...

Roose is hiding behind Ramsay at this moment. Roose has always been very good at hiding his intentions and his actions behind other people and convincing other people of his non-malevolence,

It’s not like it hasn’t been staring everyone in the face forever. Roose’s very name gives away the ruse. For just this once Martin put it right there for everyone to see.

Someone pointed it out above. What if Arya takes down the Faceless Men herself? I think its too much of a plot convenience that Arya was simply "chosen" to live among them. They are grooming her for something. Something perhaps she won't agree with and before they have a chance to terminate her, she goes all Kill Bill on them.

Or perhaps some variation on it. I just don't see Arya getting away from FM cleanly.

Or maybe she does, and Martin is just trying to make it seem riddled with impending doom.

wouldn't that be going all "Batman Begins" on them?

From the author's standpoint, Arya has been gave face changing capability so that she can get close to someone that knows her well without that person realizing it. My guess is it will be Stoneheart - where Arya has heartbreaking revelations about what has become of her mother. She would not need a face change in South or even in King's Landing because so much time has passed, she has changed so much, and there are very few people left who even know what she look(ed) like.

The other obvious possibilities are Jon and Sansa. I think Jon is on a different arc - so I do not think it will be him. Sansa is an intriguing character for Arya to get anonymously close to because she too has changed so much. I expect that Sansa would look back at herself with respect to the incident that led to Lady's death with utter disgust. She would admit her utter foolishness and totally align with Arya's point of view. This makes the sisters ripe for alliance which is just the sort of irony Martin likes.

They also would make a formidable pair. 2 wolf girls trained in their own unique lethal ways. One - skilled in all aspects of diplomacy, courtesy and gamesmanship, and the other - just a stone cold remorseless killing machine.

Arya is still in training and she has not learnt all the ways of FM.

My theory is that the Northern bannermen turn on the Boltons and Freys once they find out Arya has escaped. Roose and Ramsay are captured and both are skinned alive. A suitable death. Unfortunately GRRM doesn't give us that type of vengeance.

Please read the last book again, because roose has sent out manderly army and frey army outside and all the troops which he has inside are his own men so anybody turning on him is a very meek possibility.

Stannis will probably win his encounter with Frey/Manderley and Ramsay Bolton. Whether Ramsay Bolton escapes or not is beside the point for now. What I'd like everyone to ponder on is that Roose Bolton now sits tight at Winterfell with a lot of good soldiers (mostly his own men) and ample provisions. A siege of Winterfell will NOT be easy. A siege of Winterfell might prove impossible in winter. Stannis has no food. Even a hundred good men could hold a WInterfell siege Ned always said. I very much doubt Roose Bolton will go down so easily, Stannis or no, even Stannis can't storm Winterfell at this point. Roose has put himself in a very advantageous position by sending Manderley away.

The only thing that might actually get him is FM or something similar, but even then you have to consider how careful Roose is (he never eats things unless he's seen it's not poisoned). I'm sure he's guarded very well at all times in every possible way. Even if there is a way into Winterfell via the crypts or whatever it will still be VERY hard to get to him.

Seeing as Roose is suspected on these boards of practicing blood magic to prevent his aging he might not even die of old age or sickness. How old is he anyway? He doesn't seem as old as he's supposed to be. His close relationship with Qyburn only moments after he met him only strengthens this suspicion.

Almost everything Roose has said up to this point have been lies or halftruths to further his agenda and I doubt he's merely looking for political power. The only real Roose we have seen is with Arya when she was his cupbearer. I think we'd all do well to reread those chapters and pay close attention if we want to know more about how Roose thinks or what his plans might be.

Roose is probably the most dangerous and powerful man in the North right now and we'd do well not to count him out too soon. Reek has the right of it when he calls Ramsay only a shadow of Roose. Roose is hiding behind Ramsay at this moment. Roose has always been very good at hiding his intentions and his actions behind other people and convincing other people of his non-malevolence, but in fact I think Roose may turn out to be the main villain of this song and he will not be dealt with as easily as anyone who died before him.

I love Stannis and I think he is a very capable man, probably one of the most capable men out there at the moment, but Roose is an adversary we should all respect and fear.

Finally somebody who gives some respect to cunningness of roose bolton.

• 7 months later...

Arya dealing with Ramsay personally has a nice ring to it.

However, Arya killing Ilyn Payne would be my favorite. Just think of the Spaniard's planned address to the six fingered man in Princess Bride. "Hello, my name is Arya Stark. You killed my father. . ."

By the time the series finishes, I expect Arya to be taking over Varys' seat on the small council. Whoever is king/queen, she is going to be Mara Jade all over again.

Arya will hear Massey talking about the marriage of "Arya" and Ramsey, and their siege of WF, and that'll be her turning point. As she has never let go of Arya Stark, hearing of that imposter wolf will send her running.

The only thing we really know about Arya is her desire for home that she will never have. Jonjen said "The wolves will come again"

"I am a wolf" she says over and over again. And Sansa is finally coming to grips that she is more than a lady.

Those two are going to kick ass, perhaps not collectively, but it will be epic.

Archived