[Book spoilers] Northern bannermen ( or lack thereof )

I still think they should have had a few prominent actors as Robb's main loyal bannermen. I know the RW will likely still be big and a shock but definitely not as good as it could have been. I think it's because of the lack of these characters and his direwolves that have caused me to have little faith. I guess all that can be done is wait and see but I still feel they should have spent a tad more time on this arc rather than some other pointless scenes. (Like why should Jon and Yigrette get so much screen time in one episode??) I know they're important and need screen time but if you even just take one scene away from them that could be spent better on the northern army. And why bother showing the young Stark boys if its just OSHA and Meera bickering? Or pointless sex scenes.

Really? Jon and Ygritte? That story is the one that really has been underdeveloped! Book readers' mouths were foaming! I think the "could have been better" attitude is what is ruining the show to all people here. And please, do it for me, wait until episode 9 to decide whether the RW was underwelming. No one has the ability of foreshadowing, here!

The irony that you can type that and still insist that Theon's story be made integral in season 3 hasn't escaped me.

Mate, Ramsay should have been introduced in season 2, so it was about time they showed him.

Congratulations, you've sacrificed the "single most important scene that was the reason we wanted to do the show" for an action sequence that was inconsequential ultimately to the story.

SACRIFICED. Call that overstating. And you've not even seen the scene. YET you know. Wait until episode 9. Then, if you're right, we will all come here and spout shit. I will gladly join you, I'm not being sarcastic.

The irony that you can type that and still insist that Theon's story be made integral in season 3 hasn't escaped me.

Ignoring even the fact that you can't tell an actor to go pound sand for a few seasons and come back... the problem is that recollections are terrible for TV for major characters - we can't read Theon's internal mind on TV. We're not talking about a minor bannerman here... Theon spends half of the book thinking about the past - and with no POV on who the hell Ramsay is and why he's such a sicko, you don't build the character of Ramsay (a much larger character than any of the bannermen you are clamoring for) up into an arch-villain of the latter part of the ASOIAF story

Remember, up to this point (including in the books), everyone thinks of Joffrey as the monster - but, after that, we realize Ramsay is on a whole 'nother level and Ramsay needs to be introduced somehow.

Ignoring even the fact that you can't tell an actor to go pound sand for a few seasons and come back... the problem is that recollections are terrible for TV for major characters - we can't read Theon's internal mind on TV. We're not talking about a minor bannerman here... Theon spends half of the book thinking about the past - and with no POV on who the hell Ramsay is and why he's such a sicko, you don't build the character of Ramsay (a much larger character than any of the bannermen you are clamoring for) up into an arch-villain of the latter part of the ASOIAF story

Remember, up to this point (including in the books), everyone thinks of Joffrey as the monster - but, after that, we realize Ramsay is on a whole 'nother level and Ramsay needs to be introduced somehow.

And again, Ramsay was supposed to be in season 2, so it was about time they showed him.

Really? Jon and Ygritte? That story is the one that really has been underdeveloped! Book readers' mouths were foaming! I think the "could have been better" attitude is what is ruining the show to all people here. And please, do it for me, wait until episode 9 to decide whether the RW was underwelming. No one has the ability of foreshadowing, here!

Mate, Ramsay should have been introduced in season 2, so it was about time they showed him.

I'm talking about how they get like four scenes an episode. I know they're characters that need a lot of story time but in my opinion that's a tad to much to get each and every week.

I don't know why your getting so upset.. From the way things are looking so far I can see why myself and others are concerned how well the wedding will be played out. It's not that I think it will be bad, they've just done a bad job of building up to it as far as what we've seen up until this point, IMO.

I'm talking about how they get like four scenes an episode. I know they're characters that need a lot of story time but in my opinion that's a tad to much to get each and every week.

I don't know why your getting so upset.. From the way things are looking so far I can see why myself and others are concerned how well the wedding will be played out. It's not that I think it will be bad, they've just done a bad job of building up to it as far as what we've seen up until this point, IMO.

I'm not upset! Did I sound upset? The internet has strange powers, ahah!

I'm just telling you to wait and see; there will be plenty of time and opportunities to acknowledge their screwing the RW, and be disappointed and angry!

I'm not upset! Did I sound upset? The internet has strange powers, ahah!

I'm just telling you to wait and see; there will be plenty of time and opportunities to acknowledge their screwing the RW, and be disappointed and angry!

Oh lol. It sort of came off that way, lol. But it's hard to tell on the Internet when someone is mad/sarcastic etc.

I'm going to wait, I'm just not having super high expectations, which is sad since that should be an epic scene. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not having that high of hopes because then the could blow me away and it be much better than I'm expecting. Hopefully they might even do something next week to cause me to have some more hope.

Just to go slightly off that, do you think it will be like Blackwater and the whole episode basically be dedicated to it? I really hope so, with maybe just little scenes of something else, like revealing who boy is. But otherwise I would love if it was mostly spent on RW kind if similar to what was done with Blackwater. (And of course showing Arya as well.)

Oh lol. It sort of came off that way, lol. But it's hard to tell on the Internet when someone is mad/sarcastic etc.

I'm going to wait, I'm just not having super high expectations, which is sad since that should be an epic scene. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not having that high of hopes because then the could blow me away and it be much better than I'm expecting. Hopefully they might even do something next week to cause me to have some more hope.

Just to go slightly off that, do you think it will be like Blackwater and the whole episode basically be dedicated to it? I really hope so, with maybe just little scenes of something else, like revealing who boy is. But otherwise I would love if it was mostly spent on RW kind if similar to what was done with Blackwater. (And of course showing Arya as well.)

I would love it to be like Blackwater. With Ramsay's reveal and Roose stabbing Robb. You know, something like:

R: "It's time you know who I am. I am Roose Bolton's son."

(Roose approaches Robb from behind)

T: "What? Then why are you keeping me here? Why didn't you take me to him?"

(Roose reaches Robb)

R: "That's the funny part. My family does no longer serve the Starks."

(Roose says "Your Grace", Robb turns his head)

R: "We are taking the North."

BAM! Roose stabs Robb, mass slaughter. Chills!

RW is not going to take the whole episode according to the synopsis. Jon and Yunkai storylines are also included in episode 9.

It's not going to take the whole episode based on episode synposis that I'm seen, and frankly I don't have a problem with that. If you look at the page count the RW actually happens pretty quickly, unlike Blackwater which spans multiple chapters.

I think they could easily use most of the episode, having the wedding, feast, massacre, showing Ramsay and Theon and having boy revealed, showing Arya and her reactions. We really don't need anyone else in that episode, Kings Landings reactions can be in the finale.

RW is not going to take the whole episode according to the synopsis. Jon and Yunkai storylines are also included in episode 9.

That's very disappointing. We could have those in episode ten for the finale, I'd rather have most of the time spent in RW. (I'm not saying the whole entire episode) but I'd just prefer if most of it was dedicated to what was a major event in the books.

That's very disappointing. We could have those in episode ten for the finale, I'd rather have most of the time spent in RW. (I'm not saying the whole entire episode) but I'd just prefer if most of it was dedicated to what was a major event in the books.

If you spent the majority of the episode on it then non-book readers would know for sure that something major was about to occur. By having the story flit around, the beginning of the RW is far more sudden and shocking to those who aren't expecting it.

If you spent the majority of the episode on it then non-book readers would know for sure that something major was about to occur. By having the story flit around, the beginning of the RW is far more sudden and shocking to those who aren't expecting it.

They already know something major will happen. All the big events happen in episode nine because D&D can't be creative enough to throw people off and do it episode eight, or something like that. So they won't be shocked that it happened, they'll just be shocked by what happens since they already expect episode nine to pull something big.

They already know something major will happen. All the big events happen in episode nine because D&D can't be creative enough to throw people off and do it episode eight, or something like that. So they won't be shocked that it happened, they'll just be shocked by what happens since they already expect episode nine to pull something big.

We've only had two episode 9's thus far, and whilst there was a surprise in Season 1, I don't think many people were shocked that a battle occurred in Season 2 episode 9 so surprises don't always happen. Even then, it seems that a great deal is going on in this episode, Daenerys' Yunk'ai storyline might well throw off a lot of viewers who may think that that's the big event of the episode.

We've only had two episode 9's thus far, and whilst there was a surprise in Season 1, I don't think many people were shocked that a battle occurred in Season 2 episode 9 so surprises don't always happen. Even then, it seems that a great deal is going on in this episode, Daenerys' Yunk'ai storyline might well throw off a lot of viewers who may think that that's the big event of the episode.

I wasn't referring to surprises. I doubt the battle surprised anyone. But big events keep happening in episode nine. Ned's death, a battle, and now this. The past two seasons have made it quite clear game changers always take place then. (Stannis loosing the the Lannisters as far as the battle one goes.) But I hope Dany's scene won't be to big, but yeah that's probably a decent way to throw people of the RW's trail. Especially since she already had a great scene taking an army, they might automatically assume something else big will happen with her.

I wasn't referring to surprises. I doubt the battle surprised anyone. But big events keep happening in episode nine. Ned's death, a battle, and now this. The past two seasons have made it quite clear game changers always take place then. (Stannis loosing the the Lannisters as far as the battle one goes.) But I hope Dany's scene won't be to big, but yeah that's probably a decent way to throw people of the RW's trail. Especially since she already had a great scene taking an army, they might automatically assume something else big will happen with her.

Right sorry I thought you were talking just about the element of surprise. But yeah I'm willing to bet that Daenerys is supposed to throw people off course.

ya we got way too much Talisa this season, and last. It hurts me to say. They certainly have lost out on the emotional build up. It is strange, because, they did Robb's story very well in Season 1. I am quite confused as to what exactly happened. I think Talisa should have been a back feature. I mean there is fucking war going on, it isn't a soap opera. That being said, there were parts of Robb's story in S3 that I have enjoyed quite a bit. And I don't agree with everyone here that they have ruined Robb.

Archived