The Best Casting and Worst Casting (in your opinion).

Conor

Hmm since Jon is one of my fav characters I always have to hold my breath at Kit scenes as he isn't jon to me.

Mance Rayder i imagined younger and more alluring, sure hinds is a good actor, but i would of loved someone else to play mance (Henry Ian Cusick anyone?)

Tormund disappointed me, i was so excited to see his character on screen. Where is the funny louder than life tormund who slept with a bear? this serious tormund isnt working for me. Samwell is also a disappointment, to me it looks as if the actor is having trouble acting.

A minor character who i think they nailed, Dolourous Edd, the actor playing him (do not know his name) pretty much has his persona nailed. Mccan as the hound is awesome, and Charles Dance DOMINATES as Tywin. Props to the dink, Fairley, NCW, Conlith and Lloyd

Hahahaahha why the Dany hate?

Here's the thing: Emilia Clarke has the most to work with on the show. She has the most interesting plot line, she's someone people can root for. She's a fan favorite. Hell, she's an underdog with dragons (and she's hot, as all my male friends point out every time they see her).

So even if her acting isn't the best, most people really don't care. ESPECIALLY people who haven't read the book.

I like her, personally.

Read all 5 books, found her annoyoing in the books too. Maybe that's why I don't like her on the show either.

The show, for the most part, is well cast. Maybe not always perfectly cast, but most choices are decent at least. However, I think the most superbly cast were Ned, Tywin, and Tyrion....ooh and Joffrey. It is hard to think of ANYONE other than Sean Bean as The Ned, Charles Dance is superb as Tywin Lannister, and Peter Dinklage, while much more handsome than book Tyrion, is fantastic. Scenes with Dance and Dinklage are things of beauty. Jack Gleeson portrays Joff so perfectly that you love to hate him.

Other good casting: Jaime, Arya, Bran, Benjen, Brienne. I like Lena as Cersei, she has a great smirk.

The only characters that are jarring to me are Stannis, Mance, Loras, Renly, Shae, Talisa, and Ros. In some cases I think it is the writing not the actor. For instance, Stannis. I just don't like how his character has been written on the show. I think Ciaran Hinds is fine actor but not at all how I pictured Mance. Loras..not sure if it's the actor or the material but he's so damn poncy, wimpy, and comes off as a simpleton. The Knight of Flowers is supposed to be one of the best in the kingdom yet there is nothing about show-Loras that conveys that. Renly...also too poncy. I know he liked his fashion and Loras and fabulousity but I still didn't picture him with the personality of Karl Lagerfeld. Shae is ugh. I hate all her scenes. I never liked the Talisa character, or the vast expansion of Ros's role. Nothing to do with the actors really, just the characters themselves.

Harry Lloyd was a great Viserys. Also well cast: Conleth Hill as Varys, Jason Momoa as Drogo.

Kit Harignton is not bad casted as Jon Snow. It's just his plot as Jon Snow. I mean, just look S2, he is the worst CHARACTER on the show by far. And yes, he is not Charles Dance or Lena Headey, but he is not bad.

EDIT: And I'm actually surprised that no one has said anything about Nikolaj's peformance as Jaime. He is just awesome.

Worst casting for me is Asha (or whatever they call her on the tv show) and Pod. Probably Missandei too (Missandei seems to be a precocious wide eyed child in the books).

Best: Varys, Loras, Ygritte

I think Natalia Tena who plays Osha would have made a better Asha.

Rose Leslie/Ygritte is incredible.

Peter Dinklage plays the character of Tyrion so well, but he looks nothing like he should. Needs to be blond, and much uglier. People need to recoil at the sight of him. I'm half thinking his wedding to Sansa was rewritten just because there's no way Sansa would have been as disgusted as she was in the books with this "match".

Book Asha and TV Yara don't match for appearance. Asha was tall, angular, and fierce with a touch of smarm. Yara seems too plain, and soft. She looks like she was cast to resemble Balon on the show, which was the wrong way to go (she should look nothing like him, so Theon doesn't recognize her). I can't beileve her current look is so much different from what Theon should have remembered as a child.

Presumably, the role was cast this way so they can introduce some sexy material for the character. Nathalie is far too beautiful to stay clothed on this show!

Somehow I knew that this would be coming. The first thought when they cast a pretty actress by the male fan base: when do we get to see her naked? :cool4:

I really like the guy who plays Bronn - love him. Something Flynn, I believe.

Also really like Ian Glenn as Jorah. Glenn has a show of his own called Jack Taylor that my wife watches and one day she just finished watching him on her laptop then came in my office and saw him (I was watching GOT on my desk top computer) as Jorah and flipped.

I like the Lena Headey casting, I'm just not crazy about how she's been written. Way too much effort has been put in to "humanize" her, and I understand there aren't supposed to be purely good or bad characters on some level, but she comes pretty close to pure evil.

Somehow I knew that this would be coming. The first thought when they cast a pretty actress by the male fan base: when do we get to see her naked? :cool4:

If they are going to utilize Daenerys/ Irri's relationship, Missandei makes sense (you know, since Irri is dead).

The guy that played Waymar Royce would have made a good Jon IMO.

Best: Tywin, Tyrion, Jaime, Melisandre, Dany, Ygritte, Lord Walder, The Starks, Lysa, LF, Loras, Varys, Drogo, Viserys.

Worst: Renly, Edmure.

Renly was miscast, but Tobias Menzies is a good actor, and would definitely have been more like Edmure with better writing material. His performance as Brutus in Rome was closer to book Edmure in some ways than show Edmure.

So many great castings but Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister is my all-time favorite. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion a close 2nd.

Unfortunately I found Carice van Houten disappointing as Melisandre.

Archived