Guilty Pleasure Characters

Pinkie Baelish

Definitely Ramsay. He wouldn't be a guilty pleasure if he wasn't such an open sadist, though. He's complex and I enjoy his black humour and sarcasm, cruel as it is. Too bad people think you're a monster if you admit actually liking him.

Unfortunately I don't share the love for Victarion, but Theon/Reek is probably one of my favorites. The more Reek-like he is, the more I love reading about him.

Here are some others:

--Joffery. He spiced things up.

--Vargo

--Roose

--Cersei

--Euron. Was disappointed when Cersei/Euron didn't happen

I also can't see how Victarion would be a guilty-pleasure.

Guilty pleasures are supposed to be something you're ashamed of liking. I'd think either a cheesy character (Darkstar, Daario) or an annoying asshole (Janos Slynt, Joffrey, Alliser Thorne etc). It baffles me to no end that a couple of people said Selyse, this is the perfect example, I'd be ashamed of even admitting that to myself.

As for me, I'd say Darkstar and Randyll Tarly.

Victarion tends to get a bad rep for killing his wife, and is often unfairly written off as a dull, mindless raping and killing Viking, despite the fact that he's one of George's more human characters, behind all the violence and insanity.

Randyll Tarly is another character that I'm surprised I didn't thoroughly hate. He's an asshole, yes, but I thought he did a good job in rebuilding Maidenpool. Strict, rigid leaders like him are what Westeros needs right now.

Victarion tends to get a bad rep for killing his wife, and is often unfairly written off as a dull, mindless raping and killing Viking, despite the fact that he's one of George's more human characters, behind all the violence and insanity.

He is also rather weak in some respects, IE thinking that everyone's laughing at him and him not being able to handle it. His relationship with Euron is also interesting, imo. But I would be lying if I said I liked to read about him because of this, I like to read about him because he is a bloodthirsty viking. I like the action packed chapters we get with him, I also like to read more on the Iron Fleet and its captains etc.

I am actually somewhat rooting for Aegon, especially if he is a Blackfyre in how that will just make Varys and Illyrio's plot just that much more awesome and epic. Through, a strong part of my support for comes from how much JonCon cares about him and wants him to succeed and ones heart just has to go out to poor JonCon and his terrible luck. Also, because I really want him to be the figure that puts an end to Dany's amazing string of military victories she had against all the Slaver Cities by utterly defeating her.

Is this a joke?

I meant how she basically conquers three slave cities without suffering any real military defeat in between these fights. Yeah, everything goes to hell afterwards but that wasn't a military defeat similar to Stannis losing at Blackwater or Robert at Ashford.

Thus, I fixed my original post.

Tywin Lannister

Cersei Lannister (I found her thoughts of contempt for everyone around her during her POV chapters to be strangely similar to mine, I even started thinking I was in the book...)

Roose Bolton (I love his being feared because of his low voice, I hate people who shout all the time)

I admit it, I have a tender spot in my heart for ruthless, cold-hearted (but not sadistic, you heard me Ramsay) bastards...

Archived