If Aegon is actually fake...

AsharaSunborn

a) She seems to be fertile again at the end of ADWD.

B) Have you seen Dany having a shred of political acumen in this direction?

c) Tyrion already made sure fAegon and Dany wouldn't ally by sending him to Westeros in the first place.

d) Mummer's Dragon.

If Dany fails to see the long term benefits Aegon has to offer her, I don't want her anywhere near the throne

Dany needs him:

A) she's barren so without Aegon the line ends

B ) she can marry him off to Sansa, Margaery or Arianne

C) pretty sure Tyrion would convince her it's a dumb move

D) he's her only family, I think she'd be more happy to not be alone rather than bloody furious.

Are you assuming Aegon would let her peacefully ascend on the throne while he is the rightful heir and has been taught that for his whole life? It's not only about how Dany would act. Dance is inevitable.

If he's fake so be it. If he's real so be it. Power lies where men believe it lies. The crowds yelled loudly for Rhaegar as prince. And the previous posters are right in that to prove him fake Dany must have some real damning evidence. What did Stannis' letters about Cersei's illegitimate children get him? Nothing. The matter might be decided by iron. But Dany is too soft to just assume he is fake and go to war. A Blackfyre-Targaryen reunion might be pretty cool. I don't see anything wrong with it. Might get rid of some of those old grudges hanging around. If he's revealed that is. What I want to know is if Dany has heard any rants about the Blackfyres from her psycho brother to prejudice her if it does get out. Or if shes open to a union.

Dany has shown massive incompetence and cruelty in Meereen. I do not want her to have a chance to unleash the same on Westeros.

That is also inevitable, I like to think.

If the dragons never reach Westeros, it will be a great disappointing. It's one of the things I've been expecting since the 2nd book. And no, I don't want Victarion or Tyrion to be the ones bringing them to Westeros, Dany has to start the Dance.

Are you assuming Aegon would let her peacefully ascend on the throne while he is the rightful heir and has been taught that for his whole life? It's not only about how Dany would act. Dance is inevitable.

Well they could have a Mary I and William of Orange ruling. Aegon's Mary- the rightful ruler and Dany's William- the one with the actual power.

I like to think Dany will be tricked out of the throne, don't ask how I don't know. But I honestly would prefer it if Varys won and that incompetent fool was far away from Westeros

That is also inevitable, I like to think.

If the dragons never reach Westeros, it will be a great disappointing. It's one of the things I've been expecting since the 2nd book. And no, I don't want Victarion or Tyrion to be the ones bringing them to Westeros, Dany has to start the Dance.

What I mean is that I don't want her to rule Westeros... or any other place, really. Dany coming to Westeros is inevitable from a narrative perspective, I agree.

Hee. I have a mental image of Aegon pitching a fit because Dany wants to keep the biggest dragon for herself, even though AEGON rode the biggest dragon. He'll be insulted she wants him to ride Viserion.

It will never be revealed :D

Only readers find out he's a fake, all the characters (including Aegon) will think he really is the son of Rhaegar and Elia

I would like it. If he wins the Iron Throne Aegon´s identity as a rightful Targaryen heir will be unquestionable, it won´t matter if it´s true or not. History is written by the victors

Arianne was sent by Doran to find out whether he was truly Elia's son. I think Arianne will find out (quite possibly from a member of the GC, or by some detail of how he was told he escaped), and will have to flee for her life. She'll then tell Doran, who will let the rest of the world know shortly after Aegon seizes the throne. Doran will then overthrow Aegon with a Myrcella/Trystane claim, crowning Cersei's third and final child.

Hee. I have a mental image of Aegon pitching a fit because Dany wants to keep the biggest dragon for herself, even though AEGON rode the biggest dragon. He'll be insulted she wants him to ride Viserion.

Haha! I can see that happening. Aegon Bieber will want to ride Drogon, failing to understand that the dragon is already bonded to Dany. He'll try to jump on and he'll get roasted for his arrogance. I like it.

Arianne was sent by Doran to find out whether he was truly Elia's son. I think Arianne will found out (quite possibly from a member of the GC, or by some detail of how he was told he escaped), and will have to flee for her life. She'll then tell Doran, who will let the rest of the world know shortly after Aegon seizes the throne. Doran will then overthrow Aegon with a Myrcella/Trystane claim, crowning Cersei's third and final child.

Arianne's hot headed and ambitious I don't think she'd be the best judge of character, especially if Aegon means more power for the Martells. I don't even think Doran would be willing to believe Aegon is a fake if it means a part of sister is still alive.

LF said something about knowing what someone wants and you can control them with it. I think that's Varys' plan with Aegon and the Martells

Let me get this straight you think they'll start telling people Aegon's a fake (with no real evidence) but they'll try and crown Cersei's bastard?

If Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane he could spill the beans by telling in detail how he killed Elia and her children. Cersei eill force him to do so when fAegon marches on KL. And it is a bit foreshadowed by Oberyn.

If Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane he could spill the beans by telling in detail how he killed Elia and her children. Cersei eill force him to do so when fAegon marches on KL. And it is a bit foreshadowed by Oberyn.

I can't imagine that Gregor could tell the difference between one fair-haired infant and another. He'd never seen Aegon before.

lol i can definitely see that! he is a brat....rem when he kick the cyrenesse pieces off the table when he was playing with tyrion and then make him pick up the pieces?? just because tyrion said something he did not like! lol

Oh come on, that one instance should not be used to judge him. The boy was wise enough to listen to Tyrion's great advise. Dany had no need for another beggar with a better claim than hers, you know what she did to the last one...

Landing in Westeros is brash but not irrational, the same goes for his choice to lead the attack on Storm's End. A king must prove himself to his men by leading. He would be a spoiled brat if he stayed in the back all time. Remember Joffrey? He is not without flaws (who is at that age?) but so far his political and military decisions worked out well, from what we know including the preview chapters.

Archived