Would you quit the tv show if they continue ahead of the books?

TheLastTarg

I am ready to quit the series now. Aside from GRRM's yearly episodes, I find myself more and more annoyed.

Although i don't consider myself a maniacal purist, this season has been the weakest in my opinion and the re-interpretation of a few of the characters has annoyed me. I'd like to stop watching now but i can't lol. On the other hand, like i said in the original post, if i smell spoilers for future books, i'm done with it. No hesitation

Although i don't consider myself a maniacal purist, this season has been the weakest in my opinion and the re-interpretation of a few of the characters has annoyed me. I'd like to stop watching now but i can't lol. On the other hand, like i said in the original post, if i smell spoilers for future books, i'm done with it. No hesitation

I dont consider myself a hardline purist either. They axed Edric, changed Tormund beyond recognition, cleaned Tyrion up and added random whores for seemingly no reason. Thats fine, I can deal with it. What they did with Jon has been difficult to watch, particuarly the second season. They changed Robb, Gendry and Renly. They fucked around with Stannis and the Hound (until GRRM fixed him). What irritates me is I dont see the reason for it. Change for change sake just does not sit right with me.

No, in the answer to the OP. I want to know the answer. That being said, I really hope the books come out first.

Also, this isn't the thread to whine about changes to the story the show has made. Seriously, some of you people see any GoT related thread as an excuse to whine and complain. It's irritating and off topic.

I only had one or two really big purist moments. One was Sansa kneeling for Tyrion. Another was wtf Meldry?! No...

I was ok with the change with Gendry because it looked like it was adding more to him. (after all he vanishes after that one point in ASoS.) But the Mel/Gendry scene with the leeches was too weird and ehhhhh....Stannis putting the leeches in the fire was ace though and the only real saving grace of that whole part.

Adaptions usually compress characters into one. Tormund is composite of himself and the Magnar. Gendry is himself and the role of Edric, etc.

If a tv show which allows ample time for storytelling gets this much flak, imagine what just a film series would have done.O_o

No, in the answer to the OP. I want to know the answer. That being said, I really hope the books come out first.

Also, this isn't the thread to whine about changes to the story the show has made. Seriously, some of you people see any GoT related thread as an excuse to whine and complain. It's irritating and off topic.

I don't think it's been whining in this thread at least. It's on-topic when people choose to give other reasons why they wouldn't continue to watch. Though i completely see your point when it comes to nonsensical ranting and raving.

I don't think it's been whining in this thread at least. It's on-topic when people choose to give other reasons why they wouldn't continue to watch. Though i completely see your point when it comes to nonsensical ranting and raving.

"Whining" might be harsh, but post #44 has nothing do do with the the OP. I fully support everyone's right to voice their disappointment with the show in the proper threads, but this isn't one of them.

I think changes made for the show are a good reason to watch it instead of waiting for the books.

By the time the show reach its last seasons, especially if books aren't published yet, changes will be so important it will be just impossible to know what will be in the books, so it can't seriously spoil anything.

I'd keep watching.

-There are already major differences so it's not necessarily spoiling anything.

-This forum has already predicted every possible ending so everything is already spoiled, it's just mixed in with lots of wrong spoilers, same as how the show would be.

-Even if the show had all the same major plot points the books give much more detail which is the reason they are fun to read.

-Not watching wouldn't save you from the spoilers anyways, unless you go live in a box in a hole in the woods in a radioactive zone.

If a season that would have to cover a book that hasn't been released were to air, I wouldn't watch for that season. I'd give GRRM up until that season was released on blu-ray before I'd check it out. I want to give him every reasonable chance to give me the story first.

Archived