[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

All I have to say is I missed the drums. Not because I think they were super vital or anything, I just think it was set up perfectly when Jon and Ygritte discussed why Westerosi use drums. It's not devastating (duh, just a small nitpick) but it would have been a nice tie in... and they had the dude from Coldplay, who could have just kept banging on that drum until the very end.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Lena's portrayal of Cersei. I think she plays the part right. However, it is obvious that she does not LOOK the part. She certainly is far from ugly, but she isn't the Great Beauty of Westeros for all to behold.

If I can get terribly superficial here for a moment, Emilia Clarke is beautiful as Daenerys should be, and Sophie Turner is beautiful as Sansa should be. I vaguely remember anyone else in the books being described as a great beauty.

... Very random, I know, but am I the only one who does not find Natalie Dormer oh so very gorgeous? I've read several posts about how hot she is, and again, she is not UNattractive, I just don't find her as attractive as other people do. There is something very off about her mouth.. it's hard to describe, she has this very smarmy, strange smile that she pushes way to the side of her face. I don't know.

Beauty is totally in the eye of the beholder.

Lmao

I liked Emilia Clarke in the beginning, her looks for Dany I mean

idk what happened that she just looks plain now, and Dany is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous

Idk if it's her hair color that changed, or she got tanned or it's the lightning lol Something changed there

First time she showed up in the series, during that bathtub scene, she really looked close like the Dany I have in mind

It's also said that Dany is slender

Am I the only one who found Talisa's killing so unbelievably fake? I mean, I know, I know, obviously someone is going to react rather out there and 'over the top' if they're stabbed in the stomach but.. Somehow her death just seemed so silly to me. Which is actually a shame because I thought the acting of her character wasn't so bad in the episode up until that point. When she looked 'dead' and Robb came over to hold her it looked so fake to me. (Her looking dead that is.) even my mom who doesn't watch the show but only saw posts on tumblr said she thought Talisa was alive when she saw a picture.

I almost give her a pass for how the actress choose to react when she was stabbed, since obviously everything at the wedding was going to be a bit 'over the top' but how she looked dead.. I can't let her slide on that one. Even people on law on order look more convincing looking as dead than she did. But at least Madden, and especially Michelle, overpowered that scene anyway. The only reason people remember Talisa now is because of the brutal belly stabbing lol. (Which even I had I hard time watching.)

I liked Emilia Clarke in the beginning, her looks for Dany I mean

idk what happened that she just looks plain now, and Dany is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous

Idk if it's her hair color that changed, or she got tanned or it's the lightning lol Something changed there

First time she showed up in the series, during that bathtub scene, she really looked close like the Dany I have in mind

It's also said that Dany is slender

Something has definitely changed, I kept thinking that! I know in the first ep she had contacts in to resemble the Targaryens' eye color. She doesn't wear them anymore, I think I read something about them irritating her eyes. Also, her silver hair was loose and it just looked better that way. She always has it pulled back in the flat braid with the tendrils now.

And Dany is slender, but I do prefer Emilia's body type, curvy but FAR from fat.

Oona Chaplin Is Not A Good Actress.

Her performance at the RW finally got me off the fence on that.

I agree. I thought she was okay throughout the episode. For once I didn't want to claw my eyes out watching her and Robb. (But her blank exp<b></b>ressions she gives throughout the seasons, like the blank look when Walder was talking about her, that always seriously annoyed me.)

But yeah when it got to the killings, her acting just was.. eh. Nothing memorable. The only memorable thing was what happened to her, not how she reacted or anything. And even when Robb held her, that again was more memorable for the actor that plays him, not her.

I know people complained that an actress could only do so much which what she's given, but could I at least get a convincing looking dead corpse please? I don't think that's to much to ask lol.

I agree. I thought she was okay throughout the episode. For once I didn't want to claw my eyes out watching her and Robb. (But her blank expressions she gives throughout the seasons, like the blank look when Walder was talking about her, that always seriously annoyed me.)

But yeah when it got to the killings, her acting just was.. eh. Nothing memorable. The only memorable thing was what happened to her, not how she reacted or anything. And even when Robb held her, that again was more memorable for the actor that plays him, not her.

I know people complained that an actress could only do so much which what she's given, but could I at least get a real looking dead corpse please? I don't think that's to much to ask lol.

I didn't object to the 'not dead looking' it was the blank staring during the whole episode that finally made me see that she's not a good actress because its the same blank look as you say, that she's had in almost every scene at some point.

When you compare Oona's ongoing blankess with the level of emotion Michelle Fairley was able to convey in her purposeful blank look, then you are seeing a woman who can act the hell out of a blank stare and a woman who turns every freaking reaction shot she's ever had into an emotionless blank stare because she cannot convey emotion.

I agree. I thought she was okay throughout the episode. For once I didn't want to claw my eyes out watching her and Robb. (But her blank expressions she gives throughout the seasons, like the blank look when Walder was talking about her, that always seriously annoyed me.)

I know people complained that an actress could only do so much which what she's given, but could I at least get a real looking dead corpse please? I don't think that's to much to ask lol.

So true. I think her moment with Robb and little Ned was sweet and she was OK in but it was more Richard's performance that provided the emotional intensity. I think Oona's acting is the primarily reason why I never warmed up to her character. She is not terrible just bland, lifeless and very uncharismatic and unmemorable. It's true that she so did not always get the best lines or storyline but neither do some of the others actors and they manage to give their characters some depths and make them interesting.

Chances are gash is just trolling. Look at his sig.

I honestly didn't think she was very good in this episode. Most of the show she's been good to great. Back during Ned's death and when she was brought his remains stand out to me. Maybe it was just the bizarre editing and choices the directors made this episode but I didn't like her acting at all. Didn't feel believable to me. Everyone's acting during the RW was at a low point honestly, Bolton was better early this season. Robb. Cat. Lord Frey.

I didn't object to the 'not dead looking' it was the blank staring during the whole episode that finally made me see that she's not a good actress because its the same blank look as you say, that she's had in almost every scene at some point.

When you compare Oona's ongoing blankess with the level of emotion Michelle Fairley was able to convey in her purposeful blank look, then you are seeing a woman who can act the hell out of a blank stare and a woman who turns every freaking reaction shot she's ever had into an emotionless blank stare because she cannot convey emotion.

I know the not looking dead is more of a nitpick. But it just feels like she can't even pull off dead right and that should be one of the easier things to convey. That along with how to fall right would be one of the first things an actor learns. (Not that I'm saying she didn't 'fall down right'. Or that it is actually one of the first things learned. But that it's kind of like acting class 101 and she couldn't even be convincing looking dead.)

But yeah the blank looks have always irritated me and what had me not liking the character/or actress. I think her talking with Robb about the baby was the only time she smiled and it seemed kind of real to me.

I definitely agree Michelle can pull off a blank look with purpose. It seemed so weird all she did was stand there, but at the same time I knew it was like she shut down after loosing everything. When you look at her great acting and her stare, and the look at the blank looks Oona always gives to me it's a no brainer she just isn't a very good actress.

She soared in most, if I prefer a nuance, I doubt it was her. For example, she was probably directed to pause before her throat was cut, which I think lost its power because it was too long a pause. I bet she did do a take raking her face and going mad, and I am sure they cut it. Could be wrong though.

Her face after she eyed the mail under the sleeve was priceless!

The whack to the face was perfect. She was so angry and let loose like Cat did in the book.

And she was at her finest when she held the knife to Mrs, Frey and spoke to Walder and and her son and tried to negotiate with Frey and begged Robb to just walk out.

She was magnificent.

So true. I think her moment with Robb and little Ned was sweet and she was OK in but it was more Richard's performance that provided the emotional intensity. I think Oona's acting is the primarily reason why I never warmed up to her character. She is not terrible just bland, lifeless and very uncharismatic and unmemorable. It's true that she so did not always get the best lines or storyline but neither do some of the others actors and they manage to give their characters some depths and make them interesting.

I pretty much agree with this.

I wouldn't say she's 'terrible' per say either. I would definitely say she's bad though. I liked the little Eddard scene even though it was cheesy because, again, I liked the other character, Madden's reaction, than Oona. And I think, like you said, the blandness is what made me never like her. She just always looks so blank and emotionless in almost every scene and that irritates me. As someone who wants to act, and I see good actors in classes/other shows/great actors in this show, and then I see her I'm just like ugh get off the screen! The way she acted as being dead and Robb held her, I'm sorry but that taught me how NOT to act when playing dead lol. Probably mean but eh, I can't help that her acting irritates the heck out of me.

I'm not sure I liked everyone being so casual about Bran warging into Hodor. Isn't the human warging someone that they all can do, but don't because it's hideously taboo and violating and all that? I don't care about changes for the better but I thought the Hodor warging stuff was pretty effective as a "whoa Bran buddy you're getting a little weird here" kind of thing.

Oh, and this. You are totally right. And it is weird that Jojen said it like Bran was so special for warging a human, like it was a great thing. Osha at least should have had the sense to say that it was fucked up.

lol apply water to area of BURN

Archived