[book spoilers] where the hell is blacfishwhen II is done?

Koril

sad thing is... so many Unsullied are making up theories that blackfish and edmure have a hand in RW planning :bang:

Eh to be honest they should be well aware that Edmure had nothing to do with it. He was clearly whisked away in bliss, with no idea that anything but a night of happiness lay ahead. I can sort of understand some far fetched theories that Blackfish had something to do with it, but I expect that will be dismissed in the finale.

A few scenes before the big event, Blackfiqh excuses himself and leaves outside to take a piss.

Then, unless i'm mistaken, no more news. what can we expect now? He may be alive here in the mess, fighthing with other northerners for a way to escape?

Personaly, I Hope that we woml see more in season finale: something like him an a few conpanions escaping and planing their future.

Either that or he just dies, which would mean that his storyline in books is over

It's pretty clear in the novels he's an awesome swimmer. He probably killed a few Frey, saw them kill Cat (and the bodies of Rob and Mrs. Rob) through a window or something, then killed some MORE Frey, then jumped into the river from the top of one of the towers. He doesn't surface and is assumed dead.

Later, at Riverrun, they're fishing out bodies and weeping about it, when out of the river crawls the Blackfish, very much alive.

Imagine if he passed out under a tree with the ugly Frey woman that was eying him.

LOL

#TeamBlackfish

I think while he was somewhere refreshing himself he saw the commotion start and realize they were in a death trap, he fought his way free and escaped. The Blackfish will return.

My guess is that he fought his way out and hightailed it back to Riverrun. The Siege of Riverrun is a big part of Jaime's storyline. Numerous Jaime POVs are devoted to it. It shows Jaime's distaste at being allied with such a lecherous group as House Frey and it shows that he is growing into a capable leader of men who could one day possible rule something beyond a battle campaign in the future. It's a big maturation point for him.

I'd also imagine that the Freys planned to kill the Blackfish along with Robb, Catelyn and Talisa, knowing what a dangerous enemy he could be and wanting to extinguish the Tullys. I think we'll have a dialogue with someone yelling about finding the Blackfish at all costs or something to the effect.

Was anyone else pleasantly surprised with the characterizations of Blackfish and Edmure in this episode? ... That one small scene where Blackfish states that he loves Edmure really helped. I also felt that they really made Edmure a bit more sympathetic, and did a nice job with his brief interactions with Roslin.

Chiming in to agree. Even that stupid joke by Edmore abut the monster in his pants or whatever - we've all cringed when a well-meaning friend has tried to say something "cool" and has instead just said something dumb (or, heck, we've been that person!). It was nice to see both Edmure and the Blackfish as more likeable characters.

I do wonder what they're going to do with the Blackfish next week: they don't want to make it look like he's running away, not until he knows it's too late for Robb and Cat. And for that matter, shouldn't he try to lead the army in a last stand? He is after all probably the top commander left.

What if they scrap Stoneheart for Blackfish?

I actually considered this for a moment too ... people like Blackfish a lot and he's a badass who could go about the countryside doing the same vengeance killings... BUT then it would skew up all of Brienne's story after that, wouldn't it?

It would also skew the storyline of Thoros of Myr and Lord Beric too... since he transfers the resurrection into Catelyn instead of Dondarrion. Fans have been introduced to them very clearly so that would alter everything from the books. I don't think they can leave her out can they?

I think they need to put Lady Stoneheart in but I'm not really certain now after reading Michelle Fairley may not be returning next season to portray her, OR they're just doing a really good job of covering that up to throw us rabid fans off.

In the books he didn't even go to the wedding, he remained in Riverrun, Jeyne Westerling also stayed in Riverrun, so Lord Walder wouldn't be insulted

They put Blackfish in the wedding to take Great Jon part, as the actor is missing in the show

he managed to escape because he left the castle to piss

In the books he didn't even go to the wedding, he remained in Riverrun, Jeyne Westerling also stayed in Riverrun, so Lord Walder wouldn't be insulted

They put Blackfish in the wedding to take Great Jon part, as the actor is missing in the show

he managed to escape because he left the castle to piss

The fact that he pretty much took the Greatjon's role indicated to me that he would end up a prisoner after the massacre since that's what happened to the Greatjon. But it could go either way; the bathroom break told us nothing other than that he survived the initial carnage. From the preview it looked like we will get some glimpse of the carnage in the camps and the aftermath. For the sake of rounding out storylines, it would make sense to show Edmure as a captive and the Blackfish with him or somehow slipping away if they are going that route.

No idea where they'll have him go if he escaped. They only introduced Riverrun this season despite its prior strategic importance. They could easily get rid of it as the object of the AFFC siege.

I think Black fish is essential for the Riverrun siege scene, so that he will surrender it in exchange for Edmure's life. Unless they are gonna cut the siege scene.

Also Blackfish isn't worth anything as a hostage? Edmure yes, he's the Lord of Riverrun, but Blackfish actually has nothing to offer in exchange for his life / release.

What about if he would go back to the Vale to his niece Lysa Tully (he was there before he came to Riverrun to assist Robb)?

Archived