[Book Spoilers] Arya and the Tickler

The Dark Sister

So this may have been brought up elsewhere, but I am wondering what people think will happen with Arya at the Inn at the Crossroads.

If you look at the opening sequence from Ep. 9, it briefly pans over the Inn at the Crossroads on the map, which makes me think that Arya and the Hound's scene there will happen in the final episode. Unless something else has happened there recently that I don't remember...

Anyway, the best part of that scene is Arya's murder of the Tickler, stabbing him as she asked the questions he asked his torture victims. But Arya had Jaquen H'gar kill him at Harrenhal.

What do you think will happen instead? Do you think that the scene will happen at all? As one of Arya's most badass moments, I hope they don't leave it out, but I'm not sure what could make it as awesome as her killing the Tickler.

They wont cut it out completely since she needs to get Needle back, but they might make it less crazy on Arya's part. Imagine the show only watchers reaction of a 12 year old girl going "is there gold in the villiage?" crazy on someone.

They wont cut it out completely since she needs to get Needle back, but they might make it less crazy on Arya's part. Imagine the show only watchers reaction of a 12 year old girl going "is there gold in the villiage?" crazy on someone.

Tonight's killing seemed to me as a good set-up for that scene. The way she sweetly approached the Frey men and her face after murder was just... chilling?

What bothers me is that the emotional impact of Arya getting revenge on those guys might not be that great in the series, since, I fear, the fucks of Harrenhal are just background faceless men (Don't.) for the average viewer.

Tonight's killing seemed to me as a good set-up for that scene. The way she sweetly approached the Frey men and her face after murder was just... chilling?

What bothers me is that the emotional impact of Arya getting revenge on those guys might not be that great in the series, since, I fear, the fucks of Harrenhal are just background faceless men (Don't.) for the average viewer.

Which is why having her go after Freys as well is such a good move :)

The whole is the first time you killed a man showed how they delayed the development she has in the books. The Hound thought he was showing her how to kill in the books when in fact she already knew. Her body count should be much higher so the impact of what the FM are trying to teach her and how she changes I think won't be grasped as much,

That scene was fantastic. It might be a weird thing to look forward to IDK but I've been on pins and needles about whether they would do the coin trick and they really pulled it off. You're obviously not feeling that remorseful about Random Frey Asshole getting stabbed but the way she played coy at first and then fucking snapped was great, and a little chilling.

Her travels with the Hound are going to be amazing, their scenes are almost like a dark sitcom already.

"next time tell me before you're going to murder a bunch of people!!"

*laughtrack*

A Chuck Lorre Production

I'm gonna have to re-watch the Harrenhall episodes, but I remember they used a throwaway scene where Polliver (the guy who took Needle) punches some old lady who begs him, that's the scene where Arya got his name and then immidiately followed by her adding him to the list.

Wasn't it also Polliver who killed Lommy after the group was captured?

I could totally see them having Arya go psycho on him instead, but they'd have to use those scenes in the "previously on...", which might baffle some of the Unsullied until Arya and the Hound arrive at the inn.

A few have posted this idea in previous threads, but here is how the scene will go down.

Polliver and his squire and perhaps one of Gregor's other men who might be introduced in Season 4 will encounter Sandor and Arya at the Inn. Things will transpire similarly to the book scene, but Arya will kill the innocent squire while the thoroughly drunken Hound will have a hard time contending with Polliver and the other man-at-arms. Finally, Hound gives Polliver a terrible wound and kills the other soldier and then collapses, himself severely wounded.

Polliver is on the floor bleeding, begging for mercy, water, first aid, whatever. Arya comes over to him and extends her hand to Polliver, offering help. She takes Polliver's hand and promises "I'll carry you". Polliver looks confused for a moment, wondering why this small girl is offering to carry him, but then quick as that, Arya pulls needle from Polliver's belt and slowly shoves it through his throat, exactly the way Polliver killed Lommy.

Not nearly as satisfying as the book Tickler scene, but I think it's the best they can do.

She has to get Needle back, so the scene at the Crossroads Inn is surely going to happen.

It's more 2nd half SoS anyway, so should be there next season.

The dust up at the Inn was a highlight of the book for me, besides getting Needle back , the Hound needs that injury that takes him off field. Especially his and Arya's last interaction, which is dramatic plot point.

I have no idea why they would leave out the tickler-scene, it would work extremely well on-screen.

Really a pity..

Um, because they killed Tickler already?

I'm not sure if it's just short-sightedness or what, but that's the way the show works. I guess they're just too afraid to introduce characters that won't have anything meaningful to do until they are needed. It's either a testament on or an insult to the intelligence of the average tv-viewer.

This sort of TV that is made for the lowest common denominator kind of annoys me, but not every show can be the Wire...

EDIT: Just to add insult to injury, I'm willing to predict that whoever they use for the inn scene with Arya and the Hound next season, has some screen time before the actual inn scene, where we are either told or reminded that the guy about to get stabbed by Arya is a gigantic douche...

I don't care at all whether Arya kills the Tickler or some other Lannister guy ... I agree with the people her who suspect it wil be Polliver who bites the dust. the new Inn at the crossroads location wasn't put on the opening credits map for nothing and she need to get Needle back.

Um, because they killed Tickler already?

no shit^^

what I meant was: Why not have Jaqen kill someone else instead of the Tickler

in Harrenhal, so that the inn-scene would remain intact. I was really looking forward to arya

stabbing him from behind while wildly shouting his own questions at him.

They easily could've put in some kind of substitute-Weese terrorizing Arya so the Tickler

would've stayed alive.;)

Archived