Sean Bean wants to come back...

This.

They turned Dany's foray into the HotD into a dream sequence with Drogo. Why not do something as elaborate as that for Bran and the Weirwood visions? Maybe a dream sequence with Sean Bean and Richard Madden and all the Stark family....

If possible, that could be awesome, hope for it.

Bran's Wierwood visions have already given him additional shots with Jon, Robb, and his mom, meaning those actors get to be on set together for the first time since season 1. I know it'd be an easy thing to overdo, but JUST IN CASE, next up he should get a vision with Arya, Sansa, and his Dad...

They turned Dany's foray into the HotD into a dream sequence with Drogo. Why not do something as elaborate as that for Bran and the Weirwood visions? Maybe a dream sequence with Sean Bean and Richard Madden and all the Stark family....

I had my hopes up for this when I listened to Ned's voice at the beggining of season 3.

If he appears again, it'll definitely be through Bran.

I found the most intriguing part of the interview was the last sentence:

Sean was nominated on the night for his portrayal as a cross dresser in the BBC drama, Accused, but missed out in the best actor category to Ben Whishaw.

Now, I somehow can't seem to get the picture, of Ned Stark in a ladies gown with Ice in hand, out off my head... :)

Maybe in a season about Roberts Rebellion? Actually, that might be needed considering the fact that the show will catch up before the last book will be finished.

That's a young Eddard Stark. The role would have to be re-cast. GRRM has shared some future developments with the showrunners.

I think it would be great to have Sean Bean come back as a new character. It can be done (see Deadwood's Garret Dillahunt). It think it would be cool to have the Kindly Man be played by Sean Bean.

It would be like he takes that form to challenge Arya being "no one". It'd fit the idea of the Faceless Man, bring Sean Bean back, and give him and Maisie an opportunity to show that great chemistry again.

• 1 month later...

I think it would be great to have Sean Bean come back as a new character. It can be done (see Deadwood's Garret Dillahunt). It think it would be cool to have the Kindly Man be played by Sean Bean.

It would be like he takes that form to challenge Arya being "no one". It'd fit the idea of the Faceless Man, bring Sean Bean back, and give him and Maisie an opportunity to show that great chemistry again.

That's actually a really good idea.

They just need to write in a workaround for how they got Ned's face, but that's minor.

Good way to pad out Arya's Bravos stuff too, considering it's very thin and uneventful in the book.

Sean Bean can play young.

Imagine a scene with Young Robert and Young Ned in the Vale:

Young Robert (Joe Dempsie): "Gods, Ned, these last ten years have been extraordinary. Soon we will be full-grown men. I with my seat at Storm's End, and you with perhaps your own keep in the North."

Young Ned (Sean Bean): "It truly has been a memorable fostering."

Young Robert: "... You really need to relax. You're starting to sound... and look... like an old man. I certainly hope nothing stressful happens to further your quickening approach into old age."

Jon Arryn: "I've got some bad news from King's Landing..."

Sean Bean can play anything. Ages don't matter. It's called acting. What if out of the blue, we got the book stories back on the show next season, and the first thing they did was flash back to Lyanna and Rhaegar and Ned and all of that... He could be older brother, soft focus.

Sean Bean can play anything. Ages don't matter. It's called acting. What if out of the blue, we got the book stories back on the show next season, and the first thing they did was flash back to Lyanna and Rhaegar and Ned and all of that... He could be older brother, soft focus.

I'd love something like that.

It's high time they showed us the mystery behind Jon's identity and the never-mentioned-line on the show yet "Promise me, Ned."

http://metro.co.uk/2...hrones-3756856/

Could we please get Sean back for season 4? I think its been long enough, even a 60 second dream sequence would be awesome. Probably too soon for the Lyanna flashback from the books but what does everyone else think?

Why not just Bran dream sequences right out of the book? Though it would be amazing to get to SEE the Tower of Joy sequence :)

I'd love to see Sean back for however long his scene is.

It may be too early to show any actual flashback scenes through Bran but they could just have a scene that is used to scare/piss off the audience while foreshadowing Lady Stoneheart.

Ned, Catelyn, Lady, Grey Wind and Robb are all walking through the woods towards Bran, they're saying nice stuff to him and he's happy as could be. "Father, I've missed you" etc....

As they get closer though, Lady drops to the Floor.

Then Ned's head falls from his shoulders and his body collapses.

Grey Wind falls next.

Robb is struck by arrows and then loses his head, body collapses.

Cat's neck slices open and she falls to her kness, but her body never collapses...instead she stands up and continues walking toward Bran reaching for him and making horrid noises until she grabs him...and he wakes up.

Archived