Who is consistently the most bravest character in ASOIAF?

Sansa_Stark

Davos or Ayra.

Davos tells the truth, no matter what. That's a tough thing to do, since almost everyone gets mad easily unless they're getting their arse kissed.

Arya's survived some crazy situations and seen some awful things. Most people would just break down and cry in those situations.

I would love to hear it. I don't doubt you, I just don't remember many instances besides refusing to kneel during the GW.

Where to begin. Sansa`s bravery is in surviving everyday horror that would send any normal man into insanity.

1. She showed bravery when she confronted Joffrey and saved Dontos`s life

2. She showed bravery when she talked to Joffrey after her father`s beheading and in the night of Blackwater bay battle

3. She showed bravery when she took charge of frightened women during Blackwater

4. She showed bravery when she talked to Tyrells about Joffrey, knowing that it can be lethal for her

5. She was brave when she didn`t kneel to Tyrion.

6. She was brave to rise from bed and behave properly even in the darkest hour, after slaughter of RW.

7. She was brave when she planned to escape with Dontos

8. She was brave in accepting the new circumstances as Alayne.

As with the common thread here, I'd say Davos and Arya.

Ned says that someone can only be brave when afraid, and I agree. Arya is scared most of the time, and talks herself out of things by reassuring herself with Syrio's words to her. She puts on brave faces, but really she has to contend with being small and a female in a strong man's world. She was petrified of the Tickler but killed him anyway. Her violence isn't perhaps commendable, but there's no doubt that fear doesn't paralyse her.

Davos is amazing. Fearing not just for himself but his wife and three living sons, he still does what he believes he must do for the good of others.

Jon Snow and the others of the Night's Watch. For someone like him with no obligation to make that sort of commitment to devote your entire life to your vows, and then volunteer for all the toughest assignments like climbing the cliff to face the Wildlings, infiltrating them by killing his sworn brother, climbing the Wall, and making to defend the realm against the most dangerous thing ever, the White Walkers, all while part of his heart is in the South with his family and their war.

Arya. Seriously. She does things as a nine-year old girl that I couldn't do at twenty.

But surely Dany gets some points for smacking Drogon on the nose, even if it is her child...

:agree: Arya would be the bravest imo. Dany also showed immense bravery when she was sold to Drogo.

Arya - she's under 10 and has drawn blood, taken part in some scary stuff at Harrenhall, crossed the Narrow Sea and is serving in a place where death literally is hanging in the air

Davos - leading fleet on Blackwater, going to White Harbour and treating with Manderly after being betrayed, attempting to kill the red priestess. Serious nuts.

Theon as Reek - underrated bravery. To help Jeyne Poole, knowing that if you got caught you would be subject to crazy torture, and doing it anyway took some ballz

Archived