Small questions v.10007

Stubby

Here you go: http://raccoon.com.b...ros-e-Essos.jpg

Answer is yes, that's the quickest way

ETA: I should add that the link above shows map speculative of the places we haven't been shown so far (like eastern Essos), but relative position of Westeros and Essos is confirmed and cannon.

There have been official released maps of the Known World. They show that Essos is more than three times the size of Westeros, but also that it is roughly rectangular. The canon map of the world can be found in this link:

http://www.fantasticmaps.com/2013/03/official-world-map-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire/

Off topic question, is there a list somewhere showing how you "level up" here? I noticed I am a Landed Knight. Also, how would you change that title?

Once you have 700 posts you become "Council Member" and then you can change your title to whatever you want, that's why mine still says Hedge Knight, I changed it back once I hit 700.

None that we know of yet and I have seen you on here enough surely you know of R+L theory.

yeah, I meant besides "j" ;) if you look at my handle I think you'll see I have some familiarity with the theory.

I just wondered if there were others. I was reading a thread from a few years ago and everyone on it was saying bloodraven was half stark, and I was like huh? his mom was a blackwood... maybe that was an earlier misconception that was cleared up in ADWD.

IIRC in TSS Either Dunk or Egg say or speculate that he did it because he felt that Daemon would be better a suited king than his true born brothers, and a lot of other people agreed.

No, the only reason Daemon got support was because when he was 12 Aegon IV gave him sword, and Bittersteel used that to push the idea that he was meant to be king.

This is from The Sworn Sword

If Aegon the Unworthy had given his sword to his heir Daeron instead of his bastard Daemon, there might never have been a Blackfyre

Rebellion, and Roger of Pennytree might be alive today.

And this is from Ser Eustace:

“Why,lad? You ask me why? Because Daemon was the better man. The old king saw it, too. He gave the sword to Daemon.Blackfyre, the sword of Aegon the Conquerer, the blade that every Targaryen king had wielded since the Conquest . . . he put that sword in Daemon’s hand the day he knighted him, a boy of twelve.”

But there's never any evidence that Aegon IV ever thought that.

This question randomly popped up in my head today.

Have any of the POV characters been to the Westerlands within the timespan of the series? Has the entire region never even appeared to us in the books? All the other regions have been shown, and individually have all appeared in more than one book, but I could not remember if the Westerlands have.

Does anyone know when Mel started referring to the Great Other? Was it before or after she got to the wall?

I`m beginning to think she just invented the idea after learning about the others but cannot quite remember when she started referring to them specifically.

Does anyone know when Mel started referring to the Great Other? Was it before or after she got to the wall?

I`m beginning to think she just invented the idea after learning about the others but cannot quite remember when she started referring to them specifically.

It was before. She mentioned him to Davos when he was taking her under Storm's End to give birth to a Shadow-baby.

This question randomly popped up in my head today.

Have any of the POV characters been to the Westerlands within the timespan of the series? Has the entire region never even appeared to us in the books? All the other regions have been shown, and individually have all appeared in more than one book, but I could not remember if the Westerlands have.

Just the D&E tales I think.

When Brown Ben tells Dany he was gonna bring her the head of an old foe for a wedding gift but the bidding got to high, why does she not ask who hes talking about? She doesnt even give it a thought.

Even Barristan heard it and doesnt mention it. Seems kinda weird.

Archived