NBA Finals 2013 Part 3

Mexal

Lets not forget this biggest thing to come out of this: a member of the Fab Five finally got a ring! Congrats Juwan Howard! :lol:

Didn't he get one last year?

ETA: Heh, simultaneous nitpick.

Doesnt he have 2 now?

Was he on last year? I thought this was his first year. My mistake.

But hey, I just found out today that Tracy McGrady was on the Spurs... Shows how much I know!

Lets not forget this biggest thing to come out of this: a member of the Fab Five finally got a ring! Congrats Juwan Howard! :lol:

Oh man... I almost forgot that he was still alive. Amazing the careers that they've had. Hell, outside of King and Jackson, he was the last guy I would have thought would have won a ring..

Was he on last year? I thought this was his first year. My mistake.

But hey, I just found out today that Tracy McGrady was on the Spurs... Shows how much I know!

That's even more sad somehow...

It took me half a season to realize that Vince Carter was playing for the Mavs, and they're my team...

Way to trooper through Exa and Mina.

lol. I was hoping Tracy McGrady would get his.

How I wish Parker could've been himself for this game. I'm guessing his hamstring betrayed him...

That's the main reason i'm so sad for Duncan. He showed what a great player he is in these last two games but noone else stepped up except for Leonard. (And arguably Diaw, but that's marginal).

I appreciate that they all played hard and showed a lot of heart, but it's the NBA finals. That's expected. They literally needed one of the four guards to play ok to good on offense instead of all of them playing bad to horrible for two straight games.

Sure, they have legit excuses (fatigue, hamstring, heat defense, whatever) but somehow that doesn't make it much better.

Oh man... I almost forgot that he was still alive. Amazing the careers that they've had. Hell, outside of King and Jackson, he was the last guy I would have thought would have won a ring..

Howard was actually the Wizards' leading scorer during the 1990s. Which, you know...

Howard was actually the Wizards' leading scorer during the 1990s. Which, you know...

Yeah, but Rose and Webber were bigger talents imo.

Well... At least he got out of the first round. :lol:

It's amazing the back luck Houston had.. and then the repeated injuries to their two best players.

Wow, what a game. For the reasons I said before, I'm happy the Heat won, but this Onion article still made me laugh.

After winning their second consecutive NBA championship, members of the Miami Heat reportedly spent 10 minutes Thursday laughing in the nation’s stupid fucking pathetic faces. “Ha, ha, ha,” said Heat small forward LeBron James, who stuck out his tongue, pointed at television cameras, playfully shoved his snickering teammates, and cackled wildly at every goddamn miserable lump of shit in America. “Oh my God, my sides hurt from laughing at all those dumbfucks.” At press time, the Miami Heat announced plans for a nationwide victory parade, visiting every city to laugh right in your disappointed fucking faces.

Also, poor T-Mac.

That's the main reason i'm so sad for Duncan. He showed what a great player he is in these last two games but noone else stepped up except for Leonard. (And arguably Diaw, but that's marginal).

Tim's so stoic he never got full credit for his killer mentality. Games 6 and 7 were awesome reminders of what Tim Duncan becomes in close-out games throughout his career. The man has won more playoff games than 20 franchises.

But, fuck, I so wanted to see Kawhi Leonard be the difference-maker to deliver the title to the Spurs aging legends.There would've been something poetic about Tim Duncan winning his fifth title in large part due to the contributions of a player who was 6 when Duncan was drafted.

So when can I start talking about Nerlens Noel being the number one pick?!!! ;)

The Cavs are now feinting they'll take Alex Len.

I think they're also desperately looking up to see if Georghe Muresan has a son and if so, if he's declared.

Another thing, I think Bill Simmons was on the money when he said this would be the series that would finally shake the "Spurs are boring" thing (which I admit I used to be guilty of thinking as well), and its not their fault that they never had good competition in a Finals before (except the Pistons, which was a case of two teams bringing out the worst in each other offensively).

Archived