Are Jon and Bran destined to meet?

binga

Melisandre seems to think that Bloodraven and his wolf boy could be champions of the great other if I remember correctly. Could she control Jon somehow if he is severely injured and needs her help to survive? Perhaps she can control Ghost if Jon's spirit is inside him. She could send Jon/Ghost on a mission to find Bloodraven. I wonder if that would mean the two wolves Ghost and Summer may have to fight each other? Seems very interesting. It would also be a good way for George to condense two storylines. I personally don't think Bloodraven is necessarily good or evil, he seems like a very complicated character to me. Perhaps he is willing to do bad things in order to protect humanity?

I don't think Mel can control Ghost.When she did that Jon wasn't even warging and after going in to Ghost I don't think Mel has that kind of power inside her.I think Bran and Jon will meet but I think they will meet because Jon(warged Ghost) will try to find Summer.Primal animal instict to find the pack.And when he does Jon and Bran will talk.

I don't think Mel can control Ghost.When she did that Jon wasn't even warging and after going in to Ghost I don't think Mel has that kind of power inside her.I think Bran and Jon will meet but I think they will meet because Jon(warged Ghost) will try to find Summer.Primal animal instict to find the pack.And when he does Jon and Bran will talk.

:agree:

I also agree with this:

:agree:

We seem to get the feeling, from Mel's POV, that she isnt as sure about her visions or her power as we are led to believe by the other characters up to that point. She uses some kind of magic, not just mystical channeling, as evidenced by the potions, powders, glamours, the pulsing ruby, etc. Thoros is a pure mystic, and allows the Red God to act through him, as far as we can tell. Im not even convinced that Mel is fully aware of the role she is playing - I see her as more of a Darth Vader character (I think there is a better example out there but am blanking right now). She was broken and abused, but found strength and power in R'hllor, and has confused the finding of power with her own salvation. Since we dont yet know much about R'hllor, there might be a situation in future that Mel realizes she has done some awful things in the furtherance of that being's plans.

One thing I am almost 100% (given this is GRRM) is the Ghost is connected to the Old Gods, Ghost is a protector of nature and order, and we should trust in the insticts of the direwolves, rather than the interpretations of anything by a character.

Maybe when the treat of the Others is gone, and both are still alive and Bran is still in the cave, Jon can go visit him.

I don't see them meeting before that. Ghost wouldn't need to even visit because there might be a mental connection between Bran and Jon, just like there was between Bloodraven and Bran when he fell. If Jon needs to know things, the start of it will be then. Bran will help his brother when he can, he's a Stark. They are a pack.

A GhostJon POV would be nice to see: how does Ghost see glamours and magic? Jon really should have tried to warg earlier, even though I get why he didn't (another name besides 'bastard' to be called), but I can kick him for that. Well, he's out of options now. Like it or not, he's going to warg and skinchange.

I agree Jon resisted his Warg side and should have embraced it. I think your right Ghost's Shadow that he resisted as it would have been another stick to beat him with. I think it is inevitable that he will eventually warg Ghost maybe the cry of Ghost was his first unintentional warging of him same as how Bran warged Hodor without meaning to when they were in Queens tower.

I like the idea of Ghost leading him to Bran in his own animialistic need to join with Summer. I think Neds words about the Pack surviving are going to be meaningful with the Starks reuniting now Winter has come.

Khal ShaggyDog: I started a thread this morning about R'hllor in which I attempted to write out everything we DO know about the religion and the various priests we have come into contact with. Check it out.

Note I am not trying to Big up my post lol just hoping that the info being collated in one place might give us some insight into the Lord of Light and the motives of the various followers.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/90666-examining-the-cult-of-the-red-godwhat-is-going-on-with-them-there-red-priests/

I don't see them meeting before that. Ghost wouldn't need to even visit because there might be a mental connection between Bran and Jon, just like there was between Bloodraven and Bran when he fell. If Jon needs to know things, the start of it will be then. Bran will help his brother when he can, he's a Stark. They are a pack.

I've come to the conclusion that the Three-Eyed Crow is not Bloodraven, but Bran himself. This comes from Bloodraven being a little confused over Bran referring to him as such, even going as far to identify himself as a man of the Night's Watch earlier in his life.

A sinkhole in the center of the floor opened on what might have been an even greater cavern below, though the darkness made it hard to tell. Jon could hear the soft rushing sound of an underground stream somewhere below.

"The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."

The CotF cave also has an underground river, and that could be the exact same underground river Jon heard in ASoS. Jon and the wildlings may have unwittingly found the back door, and Jon may visit it again when he goes north.

A sinkhole in the center of the floor opened on what might have been an even greater cavern below, though the darkness made it hard to tell. Jon could hear the soft rushing sound of an underground stream somewhere below.

"The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."

The CotF cave also has an underground river, and that could be the exact same underground river Jon heard in ASoS. Jon and the wildlings may have unwittingly found the back door, and Jon may visit it again when he goes north.

Awesome. :)

I've come to the conclusion that the Three-Eyed Crow is not Bloodraven, but Bran himself. This comes from Bloodraven being a little confused over Bran referring to him as such, even going as far to identify himself as a man of the Night's Watch earlier in his life.

Wait wat? Can you explain this theory a bit more, I mean what other evidence do you have? Maybe I forgot that part of the book but why would Bran even be in Bloodraven's cave if Bloodraven is not the three eyed crow?

Wait wat? Can you explain this theory a bit more, I mean what other evidence do you have? Maybe I forgot that part of the book but why would Bran even be in Bloodraven's cave if Bloodraven is not the three eyed crow?

I think they mean that Bloodraven is still the one to have contacted Bran, called Bran to him, but the image that Bran saw in his head, the 3EC, was either something that Bran's mind conjured up, or something Bloodraven was sending out without knowing it.

Just like Jon sees a young weirwood grow into adulthood, if I'm not mistaken. Is that something Jon's mind comes up with, or is Bran sending that image, unknowingly, out.

In the tv show, if I remember correctly, they had Jojen state that the 3EC was Bran himself.

Yeah I am thinking Bram himself is the three eyed crow. Perhaps he contacted himself from the future? There seem to be some hints of time travel in ADWD but it could just be a false trail set by GRRM.

Yeah I am thinking Bram himself is the three eyed crow. Perhaps he contacted himself from the future? There seem to be some hints of time travel in ADWD but it could just be a false trail set by GRRM.

That does seem to be the case, which really opens up a huge can of worms in the future. Or the past. Or maybe the can of worms were already opened. GAH, I'M CONFUSED!!!

I don't think they'll meet physically. But I do think that they'll communicate with each other in some way.

:agree: This. Personally I like the idea of Bran being a sort of guiding force that maybe Jon doesn't quite understand at first but slowly over time becomes aware of and maybe even suspects that it is Bran. As far as Ghost and Summer go, I think there something odd in the fact that after Ghost first goes over(through) the wall, he and Summer never seem to be on the same side of it at the same time again.

Archived