Exercise and Fitness II: Exerciser and Fitnesser

Inigima

230s cut is big for a non bodybuilder, especially if nearer 240 and especially if shorter than 6'2, body weight exercises and sprints done in the HIT format will take the body to a fantastic level not as aesthetic as a bodybuilder but much more practical.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's contest weight was around 220 at 6'2" at 4-6% bf. I think he qualifies as huge by all except the HGH muscle monsters of today.

I am at Week 7, Day 1 of the C25K program, and amazed myself that I ran for 20 minutes. Well, jogged slowly would be more accurate, but I will work on speed once I can jog steadily for more than half an hour. I'm doing it to improve my fitness. I have walked 5K a day for years, but I fall off in winter, and walking didn't seem to do enough for me. I also wanted to improve my metabolism (I have an underactive thyroid, and just taking medication isn't enough)

For weeks I have been swearing I'll get to the Y, and haven't yet, but tomorrow is definitely the day. I've been gardening instead, but I want to add yoga, stretching and upper body work to my days between running.

I have to admit the running makes me feel better.

that's really awesome Fragile Bird! I started trying to run a couple of years ago and I know how hard it can be to get to that 20 minute mark! Regardless of speed. Good for you, keep it up. :thumbsup:

Thanks! At 58 my friends are looking at me like I've lost my mind. :P

Arnold Schwarzenegger's contest weight was around 220 at 6'2" at 4-6% bf. I think he qualifies as huge by all except the HGH muscle monsters of today.

Little more - he was about 235lbs during his heyday of competitions.

Burpees are mean. Burpees just took my lunch money and gave me a wedgie. I don't like them.

I am at Week 7, Day 1 of the C25K program, and amazed myself that I ran for 20 minutes. Well, jogged slowly would be more accurate, but I will work on speed once I can jog steadily for more than half an hour. I'm doing it to improve my fitness. I have walked 5K a day for years, but I fall off in winter, and walking didn't seem to do enough for me. I also wanted to improve my metabolism (I have an underactive thyroid, and just taking medication isn't enough)

For weeks I have been swearing I'll get to the Y, and haven't yet, but tomorrow is definitely the day. I've been gardening instead, but I want to add yoga, stretching and upper body work to my days between running.

I have to admit the running makes me feel better.

it's great that you're doing this.

in my language, we have a saying that every beginning is hard and it is twice as accurate when applied to exercise.

try to keep track of all these milestones - first time you run 20 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, your first lap around that block/park/lake, 5k, 10k or wherever your newly found interest in running takes you...

it is a special moment when you manage to do something that you haven't been able to do for a while or never and it's not limited to feats of physical strength/endurance.

ETA: by all means come here and brag. i, for one, love hearing about it ;)

Thanks! At 58 my friends are looking at me like I've lost my mind. :P

i have the same experience with my friends at the age of 30 (officially not until next month, but close enough) :)

Little more - he was about 235lbs during his heyday of competitions.

Burpees are mean. Burpees just took my lunch money and gave me a wedgie. I don't like them.

at rowing practices, we do burpees with an added push-up.

it's agony!

Ok, I just have to brag about my kid. Last summer he wouldn't even get in the water without a life jacket. We signed him up for lessons with the local swim club. We've tried lessons before but it was never a good fit. We're at swim practice now and he's going 50 yards each of freestyle and backstroke. I could not be happier!

Insanity, week 2 Day 6, Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs:

Pure Cardio: took one extra 10-second break in between. Still hard, but not exhaustingly hard.

Cardio Abs: first time, one word -- pain! I imagine the sensation at the end of the workout is what it would feel like to get tasered in the midsection. Ended up taking three extra breaks in between. *Sigh*... all this just to look good.

Nothing for tomorrow. Rest. And on to week three!

Ok, I just have to brag about my kid. Last summer he wouldn't even get in the water without a life jacket. We signed him up for lessons with the local swim club. We've tried lessons before but it was never a good fit. We're at swim practice now and he's going 50 yards each of freestyle and backstroke. I could not be happier!

it's great to hear your kid took up a sport.

hope he is enjoying himself while doing it.

I'm getting into the gym this wednesday! I have more than 6 months witthout going to the gym. I'm so excited!

keep in mind that you are NOT as strong as you were 6 months ago ;)

keep in mind that you are NOT as strong as you were 6 months ago ;)

Oh god, so true. I was out of the gym for 4 months from September, and my squats decreased something awful. My form had gone to hell, too. The sad part is that I still got compliments for being 'a girl lifting heavy', even when I was only just over 1 plate.

Oh god, so true. I was out of the gym for 4 months from September, and my squats decreased something awful. My form had gone to hell, too. The sad part is that I still got compliments for being 'a girl lifting heavy', even when I was only just over 1 plate.

it happens every single time i stop going to the gym for a while.

whenever i take a break from rowing and go back, i try to take it easy and i do, but still i get sore all over.

Today I start helping with the kid's karate class followed by my class (with my first instructor), and I still have class tomorrow night. That puts me at 4 hours of class each week. Pretty excited about it.

I have been slacking on the 5ks, but I need to get back to doing them everyday. Just got to get up early enough before it gets hot

... feel better, get fitter, healthier, stronger, faster, have more energy... ;)

looking good = feeling better = more energy = healthier = stronger = faster = fitter = looking good = feeling better...

Behold, the string theory in physical health!

looking good = feeling better = more energy = healthier = stronger = faster = fitter = looking good = feeling better...

Behold, the string theory in physical health!

if (looking good == more energy) {

System.out.println("since when?");

}

i can play the nerd game too ;)

I am pleased to be able to report I made it to the Y. Finally.

I went to a Hatha Yoga class, and intend to go to a Restorative Yoga class on Thursday and Saturday. I read that Hatha Yoga is the best place to start for beginners, since it is the most gentle. Thank goodness for that because I stretched parts of my body that haven't been stretched like that in years. Or ever. :lol:

Maybe after 6 or 8 weeks I'll actually be able to do some of the poses.

Archived