Exercise and Fitness II: Exerciser and Fitnesser

Inigima

I'll be looking forward to reading about your results baxus!

In the thick of triathlon season I learn that I have fluid and inflammation in the bursae joint, as well as a slight tear in my left rotator cuff. As a former collegiate swimmer and current Master's swimmer I've historically had problems with my right RRC. Why the left LRC now? Anyho, there are three 'A' races left for 2013 so my plan is to almost entirely lay off the swim training, take the prescribed Etodolac, bike and run my ass off, and hope the cm tear in the tendon doesn't get worse.

Sports dr. said that I can still race this year but strongly urged me to stop swimming. I feel selfish for pursuing my racing goals (I race as an amateur for a local triathlon/bike shop) but fuck, I hate getting older sometimes. I just can't deal with the PT and restrictions on the training, and above all I love to swim.

Insanity, week 3 day 4, Cardio Recovery:

Took 4 extra breaks. How do you hold a squat for 2 minutes?! Took too many breaks, barely broke a sweat at the end.

Tomorrow: Cardio Power & Resistance.

ETA: Best wishes, UVA. I'm cheering for ya.

I begin the gym tomorrow. I have more than 6 months without working out! I'm excited but at the same time scared! I just wish my body adjusts to the new rutine quick so I won't feel lazy or anything like that!

How do you guys keep yourself motivated?? I begin with all the excitement but then after some months I want to stop! :/

I track my progress to stay motivated. I write down weights and reps for lifting, and time/distance for running in a little notebook. All this gets put onto a spreadsheet and graphed. Having a visual representation of progress keeps me motivated. When I see how far I've come, it's easy to want to go to the gym.

I track my progress to stay motivated. I write down weights and reps for lifting, and time/distance for running in a little notebook. All this gets put onto a spreadsheet and graphed. Having a visual representation of progress keeps me motivated. When I see how far I've come, it's easy to want to go to the gym.

Thank you I'll try this idea sounds good! when I see my progress since the begining I would like to keep it up! nice :)

How do you guys keep yourself motivated?? I begin with all the excitement but then after some months I want to stop! :/

Mental fortitude. Making sure I keep the workout as a priority so I consistently make time for it. Enjoying the endorphin rush from the workout.

I've decided TODAY was the day I was going to start training for a Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder/etc type event. So I decided TODAY would be the day I do shuttle runs pushing a 31lb child in a stroller.

I then decided TODAY would be the day I want to die since I think I can drink the air it is so humid here. Good cardio though.

Mental fortitude. Making sure I keep the workout as a priority so I consistently make time for it. Enjoying the endorphin rush from the workout.

I've decided TODAY was the day I was going to start training for a Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder/etc type event. So I decided TODAY would be the day I do shuttle runs pushing a 31lb child in a stroller.

I then decided TODAY would be the day I want to die since I think I can drink the air it is so humid here. Good cardio though.

I was watching clips from a local Warrior Dash, and really want to do it too. Next year. It will take me some time to get in shape for it

Just turn your brain off and go to the gym. Once you are actually there, you work out. Actually, you just need to make it out of your house, because you will most likely not just stop walking and turn arround. I always think the hardest part is to lift your ass from the couch to your sports bag.

This is so hard for me. I really hate working out :P I hate my run/walks. I hate the weights.

But I love karate and found a couple of FUN 5ks I really want to do: A color vibe 5k and a warrior/mud run. If I am to do these things well, I have to work out. That is my motivation...doing the fun activities. I think about them and get my lazy ass out of bed in the mornings.

Just turn your brain off and go to the gym. Once you are actually there, you work out. Actually, you just need to make it out of your house, because you will most likely not just stop walking and turn arround. I always think the hardest part is to lift your ass from the couch to your sports bag.

trueee! once I get home from work then I don't want to hit the gym! so I'll go right after work.

on weekends it's so hard I just want to lay in bed all day but then in weekends is when I eat the most! :(

Insanity, week 3 day 5, Cardio Power & Resistance Plyometric Cardio Circuit:

Did the wrong workout :uhoh: (tomorrow should be Plyo, today should be Power)

Managed to take only one extra break as compared to three the last time. Feel purtty good.

Tomorrow: Plyometric Cardio Circuit Cardio Power & Resistance.

thanks for the support, guys!

i did better than expected, finished in 1h50'45" ;)

considering how little time i've spent preparing for it, it's a huge result.

of course, lack of preparation for the race shows in pain and sleepiness after the race, so yesterday and today i'm hating stairs with all my heart :)

hopefully, i'll finish my side project this wek or the next so i'll get some more time for physical activities.

at the moment, i'm thinking swimming once/twice a week, running once a week and playing football/basketball with my friends on weekends :)

best case scenario - weather holds up and i get to ride a bike to work every day too.

In the thick of triathlon season I learn that I have fluid and inflammation in the bursae joint, as well as a slight tear in my left rotator cuff. As a former collegiate swimmer and current Master's swimmer I've historically had problems with my right RRC. Why the left LRC now? Anyho, there are three 'A' races left for 2013 so my plan is to almost entirely lay off the swim training, take the prescribed Etodolac, bike and run my ass off, and hope the cm tear in the tendon doesn't get worse.

Sports dr. said that I can still race this year but strongly urged me to stop swimming. I feel selfish for pursuing my racing goals (I race as an amateur for a local triathlon/bike shop) but fuck, I hate getting older sometimes. I just can't deal with the PT and restrictions on the training, and above all I love to swim.

sorry about your injury woes.

wish i could offer some meaningful piece of advice, other than the usual "listen to your body" mantra which has so far worked for me.

by telling myself that i'll feel better afterwards, which i do.

Insanity, week 3 day 5, Cardio Power & Resistance Plyometric Cardio Circuit:

Did the wrong workout :uhoh: (tomorrow should be Plyo, today should be Power)

Managed to take only one extra break as compared to three the last time. Feel purtty good.

Tomorrow: Plyometric Cardio Circuit Cardio Power & Resistance.

you are aware of the importance of rest days, aren't you?

you are aware of the importance of rest days, aren't you?

rest days and rest breaks are built into the program to allow for recovery - Insanity is targeted though as a very intense, very short break series.

Congrats baxus! That's a great time.

I have to go out for my run and am currently psyching myself up to the point where I am willing to stand up again.

EDIT: Back from my run now. Today was Boston day apparently. I had playlists of four artists but all my Shuffle felt like playing was Street Dogs and Dropkick Murphys.

considering how little time i've spent preparing for it, it's a huge result.

of course, lack of preparation for the race shows in pain and sleepiness after the race, so yesterday and today i'm hating stairs with all my heart :)

Congrats! :cheers:

Terrific, good for you! Wasn't your goal going sub 2hrs?

As an aside, I've just switched my race running shoes from Mizuno Elixir to the Hoka Bondi B. Anyone familiar with Hokas? While they may be the most comfortable running shoes I've ever owned they're also the ugliest.

Archived