Would Jon Go to Extraordinary Lengths to Save Sansa

I will say that I do find it interesting and a little strange that we never see Jon's goodbye to Sansa either on page or in memory from either him or her. There is no mention of them not saying goodbye to each other either (and it would have been natural to throw it in there somewhere, like "Sansa, who called him nothing but 'half-brother' yadda yadda and wouldn't bid goodbye to him on the day they left Winterfell"), so I'm leaning towards the idea that they did, but I don't know if we'll ever learn what was said*. 'Sansa singing to herself while brushing Lady's coat' could have happened at any point, but for some reason, I think it could have been the day they left WF, because Jon wouldn't normally seek out Sansa and watch her and that description paints a sweet hopeful mood that is kind of similar to the mood described by Sansa in the beginning of her last ASOS chapter.

*And I wish we would because Sansa thought of the Watch as 'the black knights of the Wall' and a very noble institution and Jon did as well and with the affinity they both had for the stories, I imagine them being all serious and courteous and bidding each other goodbye like she was a lady sending off her brother to a war in a song.

ETA: 'Everybody hates Rickon', indeed. I forgot to say that I'm also sure they both said goodbye to Rickon, even though there's no mention of it either.

There's no mention of Jon and Sansa in any of these passages. I'm sure they had a fine relationship and definitely didn't hate each other, but there is a reason the proponents for the two of them use the same evidence over and over: there's not much.

I think this proves that Robb, Arya and Bran were the closest to Jon, not that Jon didn't care for Sansa and/or Rickon. Looking further back, Robb, Arya and Bran are the only ones we see Jon saying his farewells when he leaves for the Wall. They were the key relationships for Jon pre-Night's Watch.

I tend to believe that this, not showing us a direct interaction between Jon and Sansa/Rickon is deliberate by the author, because Jon's relationship with the two of them will become important in the future. ETA- If Robb, Arya, and Bran defined him so much in the past, Sansa and Rickon will become equally important in the future.

For fucks sake!

STOP HATING ON JON PEOPLE!!!

Sansa's his sister, he'll run to her in a heartbeat if he could! FAMILY, DUTY, HONOUR!

Just because they weren't close doesn't mean they're Cersei and Tyrion all over again!

I'm seriously judging anyone who thinks if siblings don't get on they shouldn't come to each other's rescue!

Sansa never disliked or disrespected Jon, she was just aware of her status being higher than his, she never really thinks ill of him, does she?

Only in parallel universes, but that seems to be enough for some!

For fucks sake!

STOP HATING ON JON PEOPLE!!!

Sansa's his sister, he'll run to her in a heartbeat if he could! FAMILY, DUTY, HONOUR!

Just because they weren't close doesn't mean they're Cersei and Tyrion all over again!

I'm seriously judging anyone who thinks if siblings don't get on they shouldn't come to each other's rescue!

Jon is an idiot, but that doesn't make him a Tully, so no Family, Duty and Honor for him. Jon didn't try anything to look for his uncle Benjen, so he doesn't give a shit about family as a whole. He only cares about the ones he is close to. Theon was raised with him, as a brother, but did Jon ever think about Theon after he learned what Ramsay was doing to him? No, because Jon doesn't care about his family.

Jon is an idiot, but that doesn't make him a Tully, so no Family, Duty and Honor for him. Jon didn't try anything to look for his uncle Benjen, so he doesn't give a shit about family as a whole. He only cares about the ones he is close to. Theon was raised with him, as a brother, but did Jon ever think about Theon after he learned what Ramsay was doing to him? No, because Jon doesn't care about his family.

He almost deserted the NW for Robb and family.

Good trolling :lmao:

Theon?! You really want to go there? Okay...HE FREAKING THINKS THEON KILLED BRAN & RICKON!!!!

Theon?! You really want to go there? Okay...HE FREAKING THINKS THEON KILLED BRAN & RICKON!!!!

So what? Theon is still family to him, but Jon doesn't care. If he cared about his family, he would never have joined the Night's Watch in the first place.

Jon never once wrote to Cersei to express his condolences to her on the loss of her son. What a jerk.

He should have. Joffrey and Cersei never did anything to Jon.

I don't know why people see Jon as a good guy. He commited genocide when he condemned the free folk to a zombie apocalypse by not letting them cross the Wall and used Ygritte to betray the men who trusted him.

Yup. Joffrey only took his fathers head :)

Ned asked for it. He was a traitor to Joffrey, who didn't know about the incest. And the punishment for treason is death, so Joffrey did the right thing according to law. If Jon is pissed at Joffrey because of that, he doesn't care about law, and that makes him an amoral person.

I'd take it any day over Jon and Dany.

SO MUCH. I dont want Jon to marry any of his sisters, but holy hell would i take that over Jon/Dany!

I think this proves that Robb, Arya and Bran were the closest to Jon, not that Jon didn't care for Sansa and/or Rickon. Looking further back, Robb, Arya and Bran are the only ones we see Jon saying his farewells when he leaves for the Wall. They were the key relationships for Jon pre-Night's Watch.

I tend to believe that this, not showing us a direct interaction between Jon and Sansa/Rickon is deliberate by the author, because Jon's relationship with the two of them will become important in the future. ETA- If Robb, Arya, and Bran defined him so much in the past, Sansa and Rickon will become equally important in the future.

Agreed. I think there will be a Jon/Sansa meeting and that it will be very important.

Ned asked for it. He was a traitor to Joffrey, who didn't know about the incest. And the punishment for treason is death, so Joffrey did the right thing according to law. If Jon is pissed at Joffrey because of that, he doesn't care about law, and that makes him an amoral person.

Your avatar is going to give me a seizure. I am not even kidding.

Archived