[BOOK 3-5 SPOILERS] What little scenes/events SHOULD the series show that were only described second hand in the books?

Aegoner

However, given the terminal illness of the guy playing Ilyn Payne my personal theory is that Bronn will replace Ilyn as Jaime's companion that trains him to fight with his left hand.

Bronn and Jaime? Traveling together? You ser, are a genius.

Bronn and Jaime? Traveling together? You ser, are a genius.

Although this idea seems to be very popular here I am fully against it. Jaime is supposed get wiser after all this painful experience. He really takes his role as a Lord Commander seriously and joins the game of thrones. And the Lord Commander cannot be mocked by anybody which is why he chooses a mute. Let's also not foget that after ASOS he's convinced that Tyrion killed both his son and his father. Another reason not to trust his brother's right hand. IMHO Jaime will either train with Brienne or with nobody.

Although this idea seems to be very popular here I am fully against it. Jaime is supposed get wiser after all this painful experience. He really takes his role as a Lord Commander seriously and joins the game of thrones. And the Lord Commander cannot be mocked by anybody which is why he chooses a mute. Let's also not foget that after ASOS he's convinced that Tyrion killed both his son and his father. Another reason not to trust his brother's right hand. IMHO Jaime will either train with Brienne or with nobody.

Exactly my thoughts. While Jaime and Bronn would be an interesting duo... no thanks.

Let's also not foget that after ASOS he's convinced that Tyrion killed both his son and his father. Another reason not to trust his brother's right hand. IMHO Jaime will either train with Brienne or with nobody.

By that point, Bronn will have deserted Tyrion. But that might be even more reason for Jaime to hate him. If Jaime looks at it that Bronn was never fooled by Tyrion, but he was, he'd hate Bronn reflexively. So a nice idea that they'd travel together, but maybe not.

I thought Balon's death off-narrative was to heighten the idea that the three big deaths were supernatural in cause. Not knowing how or why Balon died lent some credence to that notion, only to be dashed at the RW. Now that the RW has played out, I don't see any need to keep Balon's bungee cord-less adventure off screen (other than saving some CGI coin).

Yeah, it's pretty important that the person he trains with is Ser Illyn and not someone else. Jaime vents on him and tells him lots of dark secrets on account of Ser Illyn being mute.

A-ha so that's who Mark Gatiss is playing..

Joseph Gatt if anyone. I don't think Ser Illyn will be in this season though. Jaime will be in King's Landing most of the time doing Kingsguard stuff. When he gets to the Riverlands, I bet they'll still try to use the original actor if he's up for it by then. If he's not or if he's passed on, I doubt they'll cast someone new just to include those little training sessions.

Joseph Gatt if anyone. I don't think Ser Illyn will be in this season though. Jaime will be in King's Landing most of the time doing Kingsguard stuff. When he gets to the Riverlands, I bet they'll still try to use the original actor if he's up for it by then. If he's not or if he's passed on, I doubt they'll cast someone new just to include those little training sessions.

I was just kidding. Joseph Gatt will be Styr, I think. Hmm, isn't there anything for Illyn to do in the 4th season? Joffrey could have somebody brutalized before the PW, maybe have another singer's tongue out. I really enjoyed the training scenes in AFFC, but I could see the producers cutting them out if the actor is unable to work. They are wonderful character moments but I'm not sure it will be important to the overall plot, I don't see Jaime learning how to fight well with his left hand, not well enough to beat anybody in a fight.

My personal hope for Bronn is that Jorah is not banished by Daenerys, with Bronn instead taking his place in Tyrion's adventures. The chemistry between Jerome Flynn and Peter Dinklage would surely make it work.

Balon Greyjoy's death needs showing, be it from a fall or otherwise, it shouldn't happen off-screen.

Also, it occured to me the showrunners might consider giving LS the Frey who slit her throat in the show to kill, instead of Merrett for a more direct revenge.

I love this idea and find it absolutely reasonable, but I highly doubt that anyone will remember the murderer's face.

I love this idea and find it absolutely reasonable, but I highly doubt that anyone will remember the murderer's face.

They don't have to remember, but it'll be there within the show's continuity if/when people rewatch episodes 3x06 and 3x09. But I think people might just remember. Google 'game of thrones red wedding' and this is the third image to show up:

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201353/rs_300x300-130603102528-600.GofT3.mh.060313.jpg

Seriously, every article I see about the Red Wedding uses this photo.

They don't have to remember, but it'll be there within the show's continuity if/when people rewatch episodes 3x06 and 3x09. But I think people might just remember. Google 'game of thrones red wedding' and this is the third image to show up:

http://www.eonline.c...3.mh.060313.jpg

Seriously, every article I see about the Red Wedding uses this photo.

Let's not forget that they will most likely have RW shots in the recap, if that scene happens. Also, one of the members of the Brotherhood could drop a line that's something like "You were the one who killed Catelyn Stark, weren't you?". There, problem solved.

Archived