Game of Thrones Garners Emmy Nominations

Westeros

Too early for the nominations, yes...but not too early for HBO to send in their submissions, which included Pedro Pascal for Best Guest Actor:

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/09/game-thrones-emmy-submissions-season-4/

Ah, thanks. I'll eagerly hope he actually is nominated for that scene. I think, if any scene is worthy, it's that one! "That's not a monster...that's just a baby." :)

Ah, thanks. I'll eagerly hope he actually is nominated for that scene. I think, if any scene is worthy, it's that one! "That's not a monster...that's just a baby." :)

This is another thing, though. Don't get me wrong, I've loved Pedro's performance - it's been one of the highlights of the season for me. But surely you can't get a nomination for just ONE scene? It has to be a full and sustained performance in the entire drama. He's still worthy of such a nomination though. :)

This is another thing, though. Don't get me wrong, I've loved Pedro's performance - it's been one of the highlights of the season for me. But surely you can't get a nomination for just ONE scene? It has to be a full and sustained performance in the entire drama. He's still worthy of such a nomination though. :)

Oh, you're right. But that scene solidified it for me.

Yeah, I think he's worthy of the nomination for his entire performance.

Peter Dinklage surely will take home Best Supporting Actor. Other than that Breaking Bad is going to sweep the ceremony, what with it being it's last season. Same with Mad Men next year in all likelihood. Maybe the year after will be Game of Thrones' turn...

That's what I always hate about awards ceremonies. The best shows only finally start winning shit in their last season...it's not about who REALLY had the best performance that year, it's about make-ups from over the years. It's why LotR didn't win much until the last movie came out, then swept the Oscars. I won't say that GoT is a better show than BB, but it's ridiculous that it's so predictable.

That's what I always hate about awards ceremonies. The best shows only finally start winning shit in their last season...it's not about who REALLY had the best performance that year, it's about make-ups from over the years. It's why LotR didn't win much until the last movie came out, then swept the Oscars. I won't say that GoT is a better show than BB, but it's ridiculous that it's so predictable.

So true. I don't begrudge BB a single thing because it was excellent, but you're right, there's a lot of internal politics in these award ceremonies. It's the same over here to a degree. Certainly with films, if not TV.

I know that it's unlikely, but I hope that they win Best Drama for this season- it really took the show to a whole new height (with the best left to come!). Breaking Bad was good but a bit too fast-paced this season, imo, and I think that True Detective's last three episodes couldn't quite match the first three. Both of those were amazing too, however, and I wouldn't mind if either does win. I really hope it's GoT though :)

S4 has been the first season IMO worthy of a best drama win. But unfortunately they are going up against the final season of BB which was simply outstanding.

Well 30 Rock and Mad Men are the best in their genre this century, and won in their first seasons, so.

30 Rock was nowhere near as good as people hyped it to be. I watched it for a while and stopped out of boredom.

I cannot comment on Mad Men as I have not watched it.

Hopefully Peter and Pedro will both be nominated and win in their respective categories. They were the highlight of the season for me. In the supporting actress field if any of them gets a nod, then I hope it's Sophie Turner who completely outdid herself this year.

I think this was her breakout year, but I don't know if she waited too late to 'break out'. I think she'll be very, very interesting next season, along with Jon Snow and Arya as they really come into their own. Very excited to see that.

Not looking forward to Tyrion or Dany's storyline.

Well 30 Rock and Mad Men are the best in their genre this century, and won in their first seasons, so.

Did Arrested Development stop existing or something?

As for GoT, I'm rooting hard for Pedro Pascal and Diana Rigg. They both had little screentime but were so memorable. And c'mon, the Red Viper and the Queen of Thorns getting an Emmy? How awesome would that be

Did Arrested Development stop existing or something?

As for GoT, I'm rooting hard for Pedro Pascal and Diana Rigg. They both had little screentime but were so memorable. And c'mon, the Red Viper and the Queen of Thorns getting an Emmy? How awesome would that be

I think PP deserves it, but I'm not sold on Diana Rigg's performance this season. Last season she was amazing but she wasn't as memorable this season (she was still great, though- just not award worthy, imo).

Archived