Game of Thrones Garners Emmy Nominations

Westeros

HBO submitted the following Emmy nominations for season 4.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/09/game-thrones-emmy-submissions-season-4/#comment-412043

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:

Emilia Clarke, Natalie Dormer*, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams

Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Pedro Pascal

Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Diana Rigg

(*Natalie Dormer apparently submitted herself)

HBO submitted the following Emmy nominations for season 4.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/09/game-thrones-emmy-submissions-season-4/#comment-412043

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:

Is it standard practice for a "cast of thousands" type show like GoT to only submit in the "Outstanding Supporting Actor/Actress" categories rather than "Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress"?

Any news on who Pedro could go up against?

NCW should've gotten the nomination last year. Dance only has the finale left, so that doesn't appear to be enough. I enjoyed Harington this season, but don't believe it is Emmy worthy. Dinklage seems the obvious option (trial, conversation with Oberyn in cell).

On the actress side I don't see a decent contender. I love Maisie, but I love her best in the tearjerking moments. Clarke and Dormer are pretty ridiculous.

I can't believe they still haven't nominated Alfie Allen. It's like they're trying to force Dinklage to win because Allen is actually the more impressive actor. Harington, Coster-Waldau (who did nothing great this season) and even Dance over Allen is a joke.

Natalie Dormer is a joke too, she had what 5 minutes of screentime this season? And all she can do is do the same smirk all the time. Same for Lena Headey, she has two facial expressions. She's great when she has to look smug or evil but when it comes to emotional scenes she's terrible. Her acting when Joffrey died was laughable, even Shae's crying was more convincing.

Pedro Pascal deserves it though. It takes a great actor to put so much charisma on screen in so little time and become a favourite of the audience.

But mostly... Harington and not Alfie? Are they blind and deaf? And Emilia?
As usual, Diana Rigg is great but didn't have too many scenes, I am all for Pedro though, he nailed every episode.

Regarding the nominees, I am very curious of seeing how Dance will pull off next episode. We could be up for a great scene.

Is it standard practice for a "cast of thousands" type show like GoT to only submit in the "Outstanding Supporting Actor/Actress" categories rather than "Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress"?

As far as I understand it, yes. Not sure if there is some kind of mark you have to hit to be considered lead - like comparative screen time or something? I'm probably not the best one to answer this.

I hope that Dance, Diana Rigg and Pascal get an Emmy, they really deserve it.

About the Outstanding Supporting Actress...none of them earned an award.

Dance has not even gotten an Emmy nomination for the show, and as good as everybody has been , like Peter, he has aced every scene.

Dance has only one Emmy nomination , ever.

If Dance wasn't up against Peter Dinklage I'd want him to win it, but in this season Dinklage has aced every scene and portrayed a much wider spectrum of emotions. He's had a much harder job than Dance and absolutely deserves both the nomination and the win this year.

Would also love Pedro Pascal to win as well, he's been awesome. I hope they don't give it to Maisie Williams, she's been disappointing this season, Headey and Turner have been infinitely better.

EDIT: Also shocked that the guy who plays Rorge wasn't nominated, a masterclass in acting that scene.

Gotta laugh at "Natalie Dormer submitted herself". Can she give an award to herself as well? Though scene with Tommen was one of the best female performances in the 4th season.

Burn Gorman should submit himself too. A Fookin' Legend of Gin Alley can do whatever he wants.

EDIT: Also shocked that the guy who plays Rorge wasn't nominated, a masterclass in acting that scene.

That was Andy Beckwith who played Rorge ...BUT! you forgot that Gerard Jordan who played Biter trumped Andy!

I guess they were under under contract still! .... from season 2!

You hardly see Gerard's face and he does not say a word, just grunts , how can you beat that!!!!

Think Kit has actually been really good this season, and Agree NCW should have been last season, though his subtle acting is actually amazing throughout, he was fantastic this season just not as flashy as other actors.

Alfie deserves a nomination but it they do his arc any justice next season, THAT'S his time to really shine

That was Andy Beckwith who played Rorge ...BUT! you forgot that Gerard Jordan who played Biter trumped Andy!

I guess they were under under contract still! .... from season 2!

You hardly see Gerard's face and he does not say a word, just grunts , how can you beat that!!!!

Personally I think circumstance dictates they should be nominated at least for an Academy Award, perhaps a Nobel Prize in the near future?

Personally I think circumstance dictates they should be nominated at least for an Academy Award, perhaps a Nobel Prize in the near future?

O you mean a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!

That's easy to get!

Think Kit has actually been really good this season, and Agree NCW should have been last season, though his subtle acting is actually amazing throughout, he was fantastic this season just not as flashy as other actors.

Alfie deserves a nomination but it they do his arc any justice next season, THAT'S his time to really shine

this.

Archived