Game of Thrones Garners Emmy Nominations

Westeros

I'd love to see Pedro get the guest one.

Dinklage was good, but I think his season 2 performance was his best; I shall have to watch the final episode of this season too, to (hopefully) see if I should eat my words :D

I think PP deserves it, but I'm not sold on Diana Rigg's performance this season. Last season she was amazing but she wasn't as memorable this season (she was still great, though- just not award worthy, imo).

IMO, she had a more reduced screentime compared to last year. But I would still choose Kate Dickie or Indira Varma over her.

30 Rock was nowhere near as good as people hyped it to be. I watched it for a while and stopped out of boredom.

I cannot comment on Mad Men as I have not watched it.

Yeah, 30 Rock is meant to be a comedy. It can't be the best in its genre as it fails at a small part of what a comedy needs to be- even mildly amusing

Yeah, 30 Rock is meant to be a comedy. It can't be the best in its genre as it fails at a small part of what a comedy needs to be- even mildly amusing

That's what confused me. I thought "...am I supposed to be laughing?" And I consider myself as having a pretty good sense of humor.

BrBa will most likely win..

Best Drama: Breaking Bad

Best Writing: Ozymandias

Best Leading Actor: Bryan Cranston

Best Supporting Actor: Aaron Paul

Best Supporting Actress: Anna Gunn

I predict one or two upsets.

BrBa will most likely win..

Best Drama: Breaking Bad

Best Writing: Ozymandias

Best Leading Actor: Bryan Cranston

Best Supporting Actor: Aaron Paul

I hope Aaron Paul doesn't win as Jesse this year- it was more of the same, as less compelling than previous seasons. Peter Dinklage, imo, was way better.

What I'm hoping for, personally (but I know won't happen :( )

Best Drama: Game of Thrones

Best Writing: Ozymandias/The Children (depending on how good it is)

Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey or Cranston

Best Directing: The Watchers on the Wall

Best Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage

Game of Thrones really outshone every other show this season, in my opinion (although BB and TD were outstanding also).

I hope Aaron Paul doesn't win as Jesse this year- it was more of the same, as less compelling than previous seasons. Peter Dinklage, imo, was way better.

Game of Thrones really outshone every other show this season, in my opinion (although BB and TD were outstanding also).

I'm interested to see if this last episode gives GoT a boost in emmy nominations.

What would Rust Cohle do? Matthew M. is getting the Emmy. Woody is getting the Emmy. Their performances were just too strong and as amazing as GOT is . . True Detective had some powerful episodes . . . the scene in the projects when the drug robbery goes bad.

I dunno. I thought he was amazing in "Confessions".

Combo of: He's not a super major character, he had a bunch of filler, and he's not a super big name actor to compensate for it. Oh, and given how only Tyrion has broken into the main acting categories after 3 seasons, it's probably a waste of time to have more than the 9 supporting actors already submitted this year.

After the finale I am wondering why Rory McCann is not in. His performances this year have always been consistent, and he was superb in his last scenes.

After watching episode 10 and thinking back over the season both Maisie Williams and Rory McCann would get an Emmy from me.

I wish the Emmys had a category for Ensemble in a Drama Series like the SCA does.

After watching episode 10 and thinking back over the season both Maisie Williams and Rory McCann would get an Emmy from me.

I wish the Emmys had a category for Ensemble in a Drama Series like the SCA does.

It really should.

Archived