How will LF kill Robert (Arryn)

Roar

I think that whatever happens to Sweetrobin will reveal the next stage in Sansa's development either way. Either she is in on his murder, and she turns to the "dark side" of ruthless politicking, or she uses her rapidly developing smarts to save him in an act of mercy/nobility. Either way, he is the innocent that will mark her development and put her on her path - like Arya with the stableboy, or Jon with the wights, etc.

Sansa will kill LF before he manages to kill SR.

*Crackpot*

I think SR's pet name may be a reference to Robin, Batman's sidekick. Batman was eight when both his parents died like SR, and the traumatic event forced him to grow up and become Batman. SR may undergo a traumatic event, seeing Sansa captured and taken away with a few people killed, and feel guilty for not being able to do anything, growing up then and there.

Sansa will kill LF before he manages to kill SR.

*Crackpot*

I think SR's pet name may be a reference to Robin, Batman's sidekick. Batman was eight when both his parents died like SR, and the traumatic event forced him to grow up and become Batman. SR may undergo a traumatic event, seeing Sansa captured and taken away with a few people killed, and feel guilty for not being able to do anything, growing up then and there.

so Sansa is Batman, I 100% approve this crackpot theory! :D

Littlefinger does not need to kill SR yet; the child is demonstrably incapable of ruling, and thus Petyr can prolong his status as Lord Paramount. The safest way to get rid of SR is by inducing a debilitating condition over the next few years with a weak poison, after which he can "pass away in his sleep", to nobody's surprise. Whether or not Sansa will let this happen is another matter.

I'll be very disappointed in Sansa if she just lets this happen without wanting to; I have this crazy dream that she's developing into a stronger person, the kind of person who won't just let bad things happen to her family or friends if she can do anything about it.

Littlefinger does not need to kill SR yet; the child is demonstrably incapable of ruling, and thus Petyr can prolong his status as Lord Paramount. The safest way to get rid of SR is by inducing a debilitating condition over the next few years with a weak poison, after which he can "pass away in his sleep", to nobody's surprise. Whether or not Sansa will let this happen is another matter.

:agree: As far as SR is alive, LF can rule the Vale. He has to have Sansa wedding the Heir just in case SR dies. Should it happen, I guess poor ol' Heir would have a fatal accident, letting the rule to his grieffing widow.

By the moment, SR is useful enough as he goes.

I think that whatever happens to Sweetrobin will reveal the next stage in Sansa's development either way. Either she is in on his murder, and she turns to the "dark side" of ruthless politicking, or she uses her rapidly developing smarts to save him in an act of mercy/nobility. Either way, he is the innocent that will mark her development and put her on her path - like Arya with the stableboy, or Jon with the wights, etc.

Strongly agree. And let me say now that if she is instrumental in ANOTHER poisoning, I will be SO MAD.

The only way Sansa could help Robin is if she kills herself - without her, Lysa's son is the only link to power at Littlefinger's disposal - and that's not going to happen.

Well, maybe not. Sansa could remove Littlefinger first. (At least, I hope it's first :eek: ).

Question is: Why would they protect Littlefinger once Lord Arryn is dead? The way I see it, Robin is the only shield protecting Baelish from the tribesmen (even if he hasn't figured it out just yet).

Why would the tribesmen go after LF? They don't care who's running things. In fact they have no leadership. It's not one tribe, it's several who are always feuding among themselves. The hill tribes are not numerous, not trained, and not organized. About all they're capable of is raiding farms and stealing sheep, with a little murder and sexual assault thrown in.

And if Sweetrobin dies Harry the Heir takes over. LF loses his power as regent since Harry's an adult. He isn't on the tribes' radar at all.

The hill tribes could still be a factor.

They want to run the Vale, the Lannisters gave them new weapons, and if the Burned Men figure out that one of their own is technically in the line of succession ahead of Harry the Heir, they may decide to shake things up.

I don't think we've seen the last of Timett and pals.

As others have pointed out, it would be very, very bad for Littlefinger if Sweetrobin died to soon. His entire powerbase in the Vale is based on his wardship of Robbert. If Robbert dies, then Harry Hardyung becomes the new Lord of the Vale. At this point, he would have no legal standing to stick around, and even those lords friendly to him would have to align themselves with Harry in forcing him out.

I think a better explanation for his behavior is he believes Robbert is going to die anyways, and frankly he doesn't have the human kindness in him to try to find another outcome. He just wants to keep the troubled kids behavior "manageable," and have a back up plan for when he dies. That plan is marry his "puppet" off to the next Lord of the Vale and ingratiage Harry to him. Then use the allegiances to establish his power in the Riverlands. The Freys are inevitably going to challenge his right to be Lord Paramount. Then, onto Winterfell where he would "control" 3 of the 8 "kingdoms."

Of course, this plan has flaws, and a lot could happen in the interim.

Archived