Could things rekindle between Jamie and Cersai?

Frey Kings

I doubt that Cersei ever loved Jaime. Cersei wanted to BE Jaime. It is the epitome of narcissism and Cersei essentially used Jaime and took advantage of him. Jaime comes across as the victim of a sexual predator, poor thing.

I'm no Cersei fan, and I agree she's a narcissist and only loved him in a self-reflective way, but I wouldn't say Jaime was the victim of a sexual predator.

Jaime goes along with Cersei until he doesn't want to anymore, he has no trouble cutting her off, even his internal monologue is just butt-hurt that he was such an idiot about her true nature, he doesn't remotely sound like a recovering abuse victim. Also, you can see from their sex scenes...Jaime was calling a lot of the shots.

Jaime goes along with Cersei until he doesn't want to anymore, he has no trouble cutting her off, even his internal monologue is just butt-hurt that he was such an idiot about her true nature, he doesn't remotely sound like a recovering abuse victim. Also, you can see from their sex scenes...Jaime was calling a lot of the shots.

Agreed. Did she take advantage of him, yes. But if he was fooled, it's because he wanted to be fooled. He's got no one to blame but himself.

Most of these relationships in the story are just messed up people being messed up together.

She didn't even seem to like him all that much, other than like you said, a reflection of herself. She manipulated him out of his inheritance/a chance at a normal life with the great Kingsguard Maneuver. She said she preferred Rhaegar, implied he wasn't brave, implied he was stupid, never said she was sorry he got his hand cut off, just basically ripped into the guy when he was at the lowest moment in his life. Then wanted to get rid of him (and that's the way she put it) when he stopped dancing to her tune. And when she was in trouble, said she loved hiim, to which he basically replied, I only rescue maidens.

Some crackpot: If Brienne and Jaime survive the Lady Stoneheart encounter, I can imagine Cersei sending someone to kill Brienne. This would drive Jaime to confront Cersei and strangle her, thus becoming her valonqar.

I don't find that crackpot at all.

Some crackpot: If Brienne and Jaime survive the Lady Stoneheart encounter, I can imagine Cersei sending someone to kill Brienne. This would drive Jaime to confront Cersei and strangle her, thus becoming her valonqar.

Don't think this is crackpot at all. I find it highly probable honestly.

I sort of don't want to see it, though, because that's what everyone thinks is going to happen.

Her. The queen remembered the Maid of Tarth, a huge, ugly, shambling thing who dressed in man's mail. Jaime would never abandon me for such a creature. My raven never reached him, elsewise he would have come.

It seems like she's dismissing Brienne here as beneath her notice. Then again, there's that her. It's got to bother her that he did, in fact, abandon her for "such a creature".

She didn't even seem to like him all that much, other than like you said, a reflection of herself. She manipulated him out of his inheritance/a chance at a normal life with the great Kingsguard Maneuver. She said she preferred Rhaegar, implied he wasn't brave, implied he was stupid, never said she was sorry he got his hand cut off, just basically ripped into the guy when he was at the lowest moment in his life. Then wanted to get rid of him (and that's the way she put it) when he stopped dancing to her tune. And when she was in trouble, said she loved hiim, to which he basically replied, I only rescue maidens.

Did Cersei really tried to get him out of his inheritance? I'm still not so sure here. I always believed that was more the moment when she realized how easily he could be manipulated with sex.

Did Cersei really tried to get him out of his inheritance? I'm still not so sure here. I always believed that was more the moment when she realized how easily he could be manipulated with sex.

For sure. It was brilliant. Not a spur of the moment thing, she was playing the game, and she had been playing it, look how sure she was that she could pull it off:

“Father will never consent,” Jaime objected.

“The king won’t ask him. And once it’s done, Father can’t object, not openly. Aerys had Ser Ilyn Payne’s tongue torn out just for boasting that it was the Hand who truly ruled the Seven Kingdoms. The captain of the Hand’s guard, and yet Father dared not try and stop it! He won’t stop this, either.”

“But,” Jaime said, “there’s Casterly Rock …”

“Is it a rock you want? Or me?”

He remembered that night as if it were yesterday. They spent it in an old inn on Eel Alley, well away from watchful eyes. Cersei had come to him dressed as a simple serving wench, which somehow excited him all the more. Jaime had never seen her more passionate. Every time he went to sleep, she woke him again. By morning Casterly Rock seemed a small price to pay to be near her always. He gave his consent, and Cersei promised to do the rest.

A moon’s turn later, a royal raven arrived at Casterly Rock to inform him that he had been chosen for the Kingsguard.

the text and logic make it clear as day they are finished but love and lust are emotions so are completely different fields so matters of the heart should not be discussed using logic

also any parent will tell you the bond between two people who have made children together is almost unbreakable and there will always be love there which being twins must be even stronger in this case

lastly its asoiaf ANYTHING can happen, the people are rarely sensible and nothing is certain

I'm no Cersei fan, and I agree she's a narcissist and only loved him in a self-reflective way, but I wouldn't say Jaime was the victim of a sexual predator.

He doesn't know how to take the initiative, he doesn't know how to woo the one he likes, he can't even process his own feelings for someone: Jaime is on the same tub as Brienne and the best he could come up with is telling her the story of how he killed the Mad King.

For someone who's supposed to know how to call the shots, Jaime comes across as either a victim of sexual abuse or the damaged party of an incestual relationship. It's not normal for a grown up man not to pursue someone he's clearly attracted to, not being able to flirt, to court or seek the affection of someone he's fond of, but Jaime can't do it.

For someone who's supposed to know how to call the shots, Jaime comes across as either a victim of sexual abuse or the damaged party of an incestual relationship. It's not normal for a grown up man not to pursue someone he's clearly attracted to, not being able to flirt, to court or seek the affection of someone he's fond of, but Jaime can't do it.

Just about none of these characters are normal, that's why they're interesting.

Jaime was not a victim, he knew what he was giving up (see the quote above for example), but he chose to give it up anyway. He got something out of it. The sex was mutual. Nobody made him do it.

He didn't pursue Brienne because he had spent his whole life with one woman, and here was another very different sort of woman, and he was conflicted. But he certainly responded to her, and she to him.

He doesn't know how to take the initiative, he doesn't know how to woo the one he likes, he can't even process his own feelings for someone: Jaime is on the same tub as Brienne and the best he could come up with is telling her the story of how he killed the Mad King.

He didn't pursue Brienne because he had spent his whole life with one woman, and here was another very different sort of woman, and he was conflicted. But he certainly responded to her, and she to him.

And it only made it all the more difficult for him, not as easier as it should have been if Jaime were a normal man: this is supposed to be the most handsome man in the kingdoms, and the one he liked was clearly responsive to him so the fact he can't bring himself to process it shows how damaged the character is after years of incest.

Jaime shouldn't be conflicted about his feelings for a woman that is not his sister, he shouldn't hide his arousal from Brienne like an embarrased pubescent boy, he shouldn't spring to his feet at the sight of her only because he's not confident to tell her how he feels, but the character acts like he's gagged and bound around her because of what Cersei did to him.

Jaime shouldn't be conflicted about his feelings for a woman that is not his sister, he shouldn't hide his arousal from Brienne like an embarrased pubescent boy, he shouldn't spring to his feet at the sight of her only because he's not confident to tell her how he feels, but the character acts like he's gagged and bound around her because of what Cersei did to him.

But look at why he was aroused, he stripped in front of her and got into her tub and then stared at her over and over again. Pretty bold stuff. It never would have gotten to that point if he hadn't done all of that.

He wasn't just telling her any old dumb story, he told her something big, something he'd never told anyone before. He wanted her to understand him. He wanted her to call him Jaime. That's intimacy.

When she held him, he compared her favorably to Cersei. How was he supposed to know how he felt, until he felt it? And then he dreamed of her, and jumped into a bear pit to save her.

I don't know how much more he could do. You want Cary Grant or you want Jaime. That's Jaime.

And him scrambling to his feet was pretty sweet, I thought.

'Oh Jaime, dear Jaime, where art thou Jaime, why can't we go back to the good old days? Incestuous relationship, me using you as a mirror of myself tha I could have sex with and making you tossethnkids out of windows!'

Jaime: 'hmmm' *tosses Cersei into a fire*

I don't think there's any ro antic vaue to the relationship they had when the series began, firstly, secondly I think Jaime does not give a shit boy Csersei anymore.

Bittersweet and stupid are different things. I can't imagine a realistic scenario where Jaime and Cersei both die after he kills her.

Jaime hanging from a cliff above a volcano with Cersei hanging on for dear life and he kicks her off and then let's go himself? Heck no. And I doubt Cersei is good enough to get one past a skilled warrior like Jaime if he wants to kill her. He could just choke her lol.

Archived