Could things rekindle between Jamie and Cersai?

Frey Kings

Incest is Wincest

Whelp I just gagged a bit.

What could rekindle them? Some dynamite is the first thought, or just some dry kindling under their feet (about to be set on fire of course).

What *may* reconcile their differences? Their surviving children perhaps.

Edit: Hopefully moving apart from each other like two bullet trains going in opposite directions.

If GRRM was actually interested in destroying all of Jaimes character development from the past 3 books and somehow giving some deus ex machian impetus for Cersei to no longer be in the horrible situation she's put herself in...yeah I could see it.

While I do agree Jaime has chosen Brienne, the biggest issue is that they don't know it yet. Neither one of them.

Same as Cersei doesn't know Jaime burned the letter, Jaime doesn't know why he's drawn to Brienne nor Brienne herself that she's drawn to him. These are the oldest adolescents in literature, they could either die for love as easily as they could run away with each other and there's no way to tell whether it would be one or the other.

At this point, all we could do for the characters is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

The cast of a not so horrible brianne for the hbo series, make me think martin and by then hbo producers are thinking into a future jaime and brianne thing happening...

Actually, the way they changed their storyline makes me think they are up to something: For one, Jaime never lost the hand to speak up for her maidenhead, never went back for her without a dream and never was so obviously jealous of Renly until the HBO TV series.

I doubt they will meet again.

I think they will, but it will be for a brief moment as he explains the reason why he killed the Mad King, Cersei would then realize she's become the Mad King, and Jaime will then kill her. I think the only person Jaime has ever told that story to is Brienne and he just told Cersei and Tywin that he did it because of the duty to his family.

I think they will, but it will be for a brief moment as he explains the reason why he killed the Mad King, Cersei would then realize she's become the Mad King, and Jaime will then kill her. I think the only person Jaime has ever told that story to is Brienne and he just told Cersei and Tywin that he did it because of the duty to his family.

I think Cersei will have gone too far into madness to gain the mental acuity to realize she has become the Mad King. Jaime wouldn't tell her what led to him killing Aerys just when he's about to kill her for similar reasons.

The only thing Cersei will rekindle is the wildfire beneath KL.

I think Cersei will have gone too far into madness to gain the mental acuity to realize she has become the Mad King. Jaime wouldn't tell her what led to him killing Aerys just when he's about to kill her for similar reasons.

The only thing Cersei will rekindle is the wildfire beneath KL.

I'm thinking she will plan to light King's Landing on fire with wildfyre. Once Jaime tells her that Aerys rigged the city to blow, I think Cersei will certainly make the connection. She's crazy, but not stupid. It's kind of hard to not make that connection when you're doing the exact same thing. It would be like someone committing a Jewish Holocaust and not making the connection to Hitler in their minds.

I doubt that Cersei ever loved Jaime. Cersei wanted to BE Jaime. It is the epitome of narcissism and Cersei essentially used Jaime and took advantage of him. Jaime comes across as the victim of a sexual predator, poor thing.

I wonder what his life would have been like without Cersei's involvement. He'd be married to Lysa... maybe his situation isn't as bad afterall. Why is Lysa so crazy?

Love conquers all.

Oh you sweet summer child.

Tell this to Daenerys and Drogo. Tell it to Jon and Ygritte. To Tyrion and Tysha. To Robb and Jeyne. To Rhaegar and Lyanna. To Ned and Catelyn.

I really think that the answer can be found in a re-read of the final Jaime chapter in "A Feast for Crows." Not just the burning of the letter, but Jaime is talking with Ilyn Payne about what to do with Osney Kettleblack for sleeping with Cersei (he decides to have him gelded, then sent to the wall.)

..(But) what to do with Cersei?"

Ser Ilyn drew a finger across his throat.

"No," said Jaime. "Tommen has lost a brother , and the man he thought of as his father. If I were to kill his mother he would hate me for it.."

Later in the same chapter he contemplates laying a claim on his children, even if it means going public with the incest. He gets specific enough about it that he's asking himself the question, "What would Tommen want more; a father or the Iron Throne?"

My place is with my king. With my son. Would Tommen want to know that? The truth could cost the boy his throne. Would you sooner have a father or a chair, lad? Jaime wished he knew the answer.

Cersei would say it was a lie. My sweet sister, the deceiver.

It sounds to me like he's well and truly over her.

I really think that the answer can be found in a re-read of the final Jaime chapter in "A Feast for Crows." Not just the burning of the letter, but Jaime is talking with Ilyn Payne about what to do with Osney Kettleblack for sleeping with Cersei (he decides to have him gelded, then sent to the wall.)

Then again, its a commong feat of jealousy: Jaime hits the Red Ronnet because he used to be engaged to Brienne, but then he sent him on a quest that would most likely end with him on the Wall, he contemplates to kill Robert for Cersei but settles for cheating as often as possible, he's irritated with Vargo because of Brienne but decides to go get her and leave Hoat to his luck, etc.

Nah. Just can't see it. Waaaaayyyyyyy too much happened between them at this point - paragraphs full. From specific events to changed perceptions of each other. Especially with Jaime, who has woken up to her.

They even have come to the point where they would let the other die.

The only thing left to think about - Well, mainly with Jaime - that connects with each other is the wellbeing of the surviving children.

If they were to reunite, it would likely be a *very* intense, high heated one with possible murder-suicide tendencies if Cersei's desired predicted exit-from-life were to come true :stunned:

As you command. 'I love you thrice?'"

"Thrice."

We will leave this world together as we once came into it.

A reference to when Peter told Jesus three times that he loved him after he betrayed him. Cersei's request is not met with forgiveness. Like you said it means their relationship is damaged beyond repair especially with regards to Jaime becoming the valonqar. Not mention Jaime is falling for someone else, Brienne.

Awesome observation. Also, the burning of the letter is the third time Jaime denies her. The first time was in the White Tower, the second in the Sept.

Archived