Could things rekindle between Jamie and Cersai?

Frey Kings

I don't really think they can genuinely love each other after everything that has happened. Jaime has been through quite a lot, his personality has changed, he's so far removed from what Cersei is at the moment. Her madness and paranoia are destroying her and the people around her. If they both survive, and if they will ever see each other again (which isn't exactly certain at this point), their emotions, personalities, and entire lives will be so different from each other that a rekindled love will be quite.. Unlikely.

No, Jaime burning that letter at the end of AFFC showed he's done with her.

As you command. 'I love you thrice?'"

"Thrice."

We will leave this world together as we once came into it.

A reference to when Peter told Jesus three times that he loved him after he betrayed him. Cersei's request is not met with forgiveness. Like you said it means their relationship is damaged beyond repair especially with regards to Jaime becoming the valonqar. Not mention Jaime is falling for someone else, Brienne.

I think there's a real good chance. At this point, anything can happen.

And that means anything.

ETA:

But, if Jaime lives, I think he and Brienne will fall for each other.

The way I see it, Jaime and Brienne have fallen for each other already. Problem is neither one of them has noticed it yet, which is why anything could happen at this point.

It would be nice if they did. But, if Jaime lives, I think he and Brienne will fall for each other. And, if Cersei lives, she'll fall for Taena (who's probably playing her for a fool).

I agree with what silentwanderer said, plus that also means Cersei will try to kill off the competition when she finds out the true extent of Brienne and Jaime's relationship.

Come at once, she said. Help me. Save me. I need you now as I have never needed you before. I love you. I love you. I love you. Come at once...

"Does my lord wish to answer?" the maester asked, after a long silence.

A snowflake landed on the letter. As it melted, the ink began to blur. Jaime rolled the parchment up again, as tight as one hand would allow, and handed it to Peck. "No," he said. "Put this in the fire.

Save your life? No thanks, don't think I will.

Her. The queen remembered the Maid of Tarth, a huge, ugly, shambling thing who dressed in man's mail. Jaime would never abandon me for such a creature. My raven never reached him, elsewise he would have come.

Sure, Cersei.

Archived