Future scenes or events that would make you go blind with rage

Pinkie Baelish

Well, Dany is either going to kill Stannis as the NK reborn, or, as the Slayer of Lies, she will slay the lie that Stannis is AA.

I think I'd claw my face up like Catelyn did at the RW.

Or she could see that he's trying to save Westeros from the Others and aid him? Jesus why does everything with Dany have to be fire and blood and caps lock and outdoor voices? Why is it her "destiny" to be the deus ex machina for Westeros? She can't rule a shithole like Meereen at the edge of the world how the hell is she going to save the 7 kingdom's of Westeros who have been ravaged by war and god knows what else by the time she gets there?

Yes, it is soooooo unfathomable that Stannis could kill Daenerys. STANNIS, who crushed the iron fleet, conquered Dragonstone, held Storm's End, crushed Mance Rayder, yes it's completely outside the realm of possibility that he could triumph over a bumbling ineffectual ruler like Dany who has no military training or knowledge of tactics whatsoever.

That would just be cray cray.

Or she could see that he's trying to save Westeros from the Others and aid him? Jesus why does everything with Dany have to be fire and blood and caps lock and outdoor voices? Why is it her "destiny" to be the deus ex machina for Westeros? She can't rule a shithole like Meereen at the edge of the world how the hell is she going to save the 7 kingdom's of Westeros who have been ravaged by war and god knows what else by the time she gets there?

Yes, it is soooooo unfathomable that Stannis could kill Daenerys. STANNIS, who crushed the iron fleet, conquered Dragonstone, held Storm's End, crushed Mance Rayder, yes it's completely outside the realm of possibility that he could triumph over a bumbling ineffectual ruler like Dany who has no military training or knowledge of tactics whatsoever.

That would just be cray cray.

lmao, love you brah. In fact, danys only saving grace AT ALL, is her three dragons, that first of all she cant control, and second, shes about to lose two of them. Her army is composed of men from essos that when matched against a westerosi army will get crushed, not to mention the winter time(side note, how do dragons function in the snow when meraxes was grounded thanks to some rain) will kill tons of them as well. And stannis is the best leader of men still alive in this series. So yeah, anyone confident in a dany victory over stannis had best rethink things, and reads through the lines instead of just chanting "draaaginzzzzz zomg!!!! soooo cooooooooooool!!!"

<snip>

I don't think that Dany will sit the IT at the end, nor do I want her to, and I certainly don't think that she is the ultimate savior of Westeros. I strongly doubt that there will even be a single savior in ASOIAF, I think that AA might even be more than one person, if it's even real. But we have the HOTU visions which show that Dany is going to do something to Stannis. I think, based on her dreams and the visions, that she will either slay Stannis as the NK reborn, or that, as the Slayer of Lies, she will 'slay' the lie that Stannis is AA. I think that the latter is far more likely.

Jon sitting the Iron Throne.

Any more harm coming to Sansa.

The Greyjoys losing independence.

The Martells losing the upcoming Dance (Though tbh Ive already prepared myself for this, so it wont be that bad)

LF surviving.

Any harm coming to Shireen (Though Ive prepared myself for this as well :crying: ) I would go out of my mind if Stannis playes a part in it in any way.

The Florents not getting Highgarden. (Ok I won't rage, but Id be disappointed if that doesnt happen)

The Tyrells not losing any member of their family.

ETA: Stannis losing to the Boltons.

Also, im sorry pinki, i know you love the boltons, but they are finished. Roose and ramsay are dead.

That's fine, they've had their fun in the sun. I only like Roose anyways, and there's a 85% chance that Ramsay will kill him. I really, really want Stannis to execute Ramsay. The thought of him being turned into Reek or Ramsay's new pair of boots is too horrible to comprehend.

The reason why Dany killing Stannis is more plausible is because Stannis hasn't been blessed by the plot armor gods like Dany and the Stark children are.

If Azor Ahai Reborn makes an actual appearance as a chosen hero type, and it turns out to be Jaime Lannister.

Jaime is AA, Brienne is Nissa Nissa, Oathkeeper is Lightbringer. It is known.

I don't think that Dany will sit the IT at the end, nor do I want her to, and I certainly don't think that she is the ultimate savior of Westeros. I strongly doubt that there will even be a single savior in ASOIAF, I think that AA might even be more than one person. But we have the HOTU visions which show that Dany is going to do something to Stannis. I think, based on her dreams and the visions, that she will either slay Stannis as the NK reborn, or that, as the Slayer of Lies, she will 'slay' the lie that Stannis is AA. I think that the lather is far more likely.

Good thing you dont think that, because it obviously isnt true, she royally screwed things in essos, like wow, that has to be some of the worst leading i have ever seen in fiction. grrm did a great job showing her for what she is. A child, not ready to rule anything. Also were are you pulling this visions thing from? That never happened in the books brah, she sees a blue eyed king that casts no shadow. There is literally nothing that says anything about her killing the blue eyed king.

I don't think that Dany will sit the IT at the end, nor do I want her to, and I certainly don't think that she is the ultimate savior of Westeros. I strongly doubt that there will even be a single savior in ASOIAF, I think that AA might even be more than one person, if it's even real. But we have the HOTU visions which show that Dany is going to do something to Stannis. I think, based on her dreams and the visions, that she will either slay Stannis as the NK reborn, or that, as the Slayer of Lies, she will 'slay' the lie that Stannis is AA. I think that the latter is far more likely.

But the text simply reads a blue eyed king who cast no shadow. No mentioning of her slaying him or something. Just explain to me how we can make that leap?

Jon and Dany end-up all lovey dovey.

Tyrion is a dwarf prince on a dragon, and hidden Targ.

Rhaegar isn't somehow knocked down a peg by somebody in the know.

If all this Azor Ahai stuff pans out neatly.

Basically, George has shown Jon can't lead and Dany can't lead, which I love. Not to say they are wicked people (I wonder about Dany) or their hearts aren't in the right spot, but I hope he keeps rolling with stuff like that. So basically, all the fantasy cliche stuff, I hope, is handled in a somewhat more cynical fashion.

Jaime is AA, Brienne is Nissa Nissa, Oathkeeper is Lightbringer. It is known.

That's what's known in literature as Deus ex Machina, and I think we all have more confidence in GRRM than that... The only way I'd believe any form of this is if Jaime is Nissa Nissa.

But the text simply reads a blue eyed king who cast no shadow. No mentioning of her slaying him or something. Just explain to me how we can make that leap?

Also were are you pulling this visions thing from? That never happened in the books brah, she sees a blue eyed king that casts no shadow. There is literally nothing that says anything about her killing the blue eyed king.

...Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.... mother of dragons, slayer of lies...

The blue eyed king is Stannis, the cloth dragon is Aegon and I'm not sure of the last vision, but the thing that all three of these visions have in common is that Dany is the Slayer of Lies. IMO, Dany will slay the lie that Stannis is AA and slay the lie that Aegon is a Targaryen.

The theory of Dany actually killing Stannis has less evidence, but we know that Dany, Tyrion and the Stark kids are the main characters and will all survive until the last book, at least.

The direction this conversation has taken is exactly why I'll laugh if Dany does kill Stannis. Stannis has done well so far, but that doesn't mean he can't be killed.

-Tywin was one of the most intelligent, strategic and badass people in Westeros. He died on a toilet.

-Robb won every battle he fought. He got murdered at a wedding.

-Renly had the largest host and most money and food. A magic shadow monster killed him in his tent.

We can't assume anything. Any of the characters could easily die.

...Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.... mother of dragons, slayer of lies...

The blue eyed king is Stannis, the cloth dragon is Aegon and I'm not sure of the last vision, but the thing that all three of these visions have in common is that Dany is the Slayer of Lies. IMO, Dany will slay the lie that Stannis is AA and slay the lie that Aegon is a Targaryen.

The theory of Dany actually killing Stannis has less evidence, but we know that Dany, Tyrion and the Stark kids are the main characters and will all survive until the last book, at least.

Honestly I think perspective is important here. I know the Aegon being a Blackfyre thing is a likely theory, but isn't it decidedly even more GRRM is he's the real deal, and Dany becomes a kinslayer in the act of killing him without even realizing it? Just something to think about.

I don't think Dany is any more likely to be AAR than Stannis either, and though I am obviously a big Stannis fan I don't really think Stannis is AAR.

Honestly I think perspective is important here. I know the Aegon being a Blackfyre thing is a likely theory, but isn't it decidedly even more GRRM is he's the real deal, and Dany becomes a kinslayer in the act of killing him without even realizing it? Just something to think about.

I don't think Dany is any more likely to be AAR than Stannis either, and though I am obviously a big Stannis fan I don't really think Stannis is AAR.

Even if Aegon is real, which I highly doubt, there will still be a 'lie' of some sorts that he will be connected to that Dany must slay, as the Slayer of Lies. I'm actually not sure that AA is real, and if AA is real, I think that it is far more likely to be a group of people, rather than one single savior. I don't think that GRRM would write a story about a single savior.

It always seemed obvious to me that all the claimants from the WoFK would eventually die. The focus is about to shift to the War of Three Queens. Stannis might die from something else besides Dany, but TheMysteriousOne makes a good case.

So wait, how is slaying the "lie" that stannis is aa her killing stannis? Slaying that "lie"(if you even consider it a lie, because both stannis and mel really thought that he was aa) wouldn't involve her actually killing him. Also that view is unsupported by the text, as the quote you just provided says nothing about killing the blue eyed king.

There are no main characters in this series. Everyone and anyone can die.

Dany is welcome to try and kill stannis, I actually think that would be hilarious to see play out as grrm throws dany fans a curve ball and has stannis' army curb stomp danys.

Archived