Small Questions v 10011

Stubby

I don't know if this is considered a small question, but I'll ask anyway. So we know that Bran is most likely going to take Bloodraven's place and he can see through the weirwood trees and rustle leaves and stuff. So, theoretically, is Bran able to see himself and rustle leaves?

I don't know if this is considered a small question, but I'll ask anyway. So we know that Bran is most likely going to take Bloodraven's place and he can see through the weirwood trees and rustle leaves and stuff. So, theoretically, is Bran able to see himself and rustle leaves?

PARADOX ALERT!

But I think yes, theoretically, he could. BR states that he can not change the past (but I'm not sure if it's because the magic doesn't allow you to or if you just "shouldn't") so even if he can, I don't think he will, or that it would amount to anything.

About the Rhaegar/Gregor thing, I think it's just another example of how the idealization of knighthood is bullshit. Normally who knights you is a matter of prestige, being knighted by Rhaegar should be some testament to Gregor's honor and knightly virtues. In reality he's one of the worst knights around. Then you have people like Dunk and Brienne, who while never actually knighted, are basically the best examples in the books of what a knight should be.

This may be answered in the books, but I haven't read them in ages and forget.

Why did Littlefinger want Joffrey dead, and why did he help have him killed?

We know LF had plans to get Sansa to the Vale, but surely there was a simpler way for him to do this then having the King killed. It seems like having Joffrey on the throne would be best for LF, as he was a rather incompetent and difficult to control king. Tommen on the other hand is just a figurehead, who more able-people can control. Say what you want about Cersei, but I think she is a better ruler than Joffrey would have been.

The only answer I can think of is that he wanted to create tension between the Lannisters and Tyrells. Also, he gained favour with the QoT

About the Rhaegar/Gregor thing, I think it's just another example of how the idealization of knighthood is bullshit. Normally who knights you is a matter of prestige, being knighted by Rhaegar should be some testament to Gregor's honor and knightly virtues. In reality he's one of the worst knights around. Then you have people like Dunk and Brienne, who while never actually knighted, are basically the best examples in the books of what a knight should be.

Dunk was knighted by good old Ser Alan.

This may be answered in the books, but I haven't read them in ages and forget.

Why did Littlefinger want Joffrey dead, and why did he help have him killed?

We know LF had plans to get Sansa to the Vale, but surely there was a simpler way for him to do this then having the King killed. It seems like having Joffrey on the throne would be best for LF, as he was a rather incompetent and difficult to control king. Tommen on the other hand is just a figurehead, who more able-people can control. Say what you want about Cersei, but I think she is a better ruler than Joffrey would have been.

The only answer I can think of is that he wanted to create tension between the Lannisters and Tyrells. Also, he gained favour with the QoT

Idk man I mean it was a pretty long standing plot. Like I think orginally, to get the QoT to help cement the Tyrell-Lannister alliance, LF made a deal with the QoT that he would help her kill old Joff. I mean I may be off there to be totally honest but i think that happened. And LF really needed to get that alliance together cuz the lannister gave him a ton of props for that he got harrenhall and everything. And maybe who thought Cerci be easier to mess with than Joffrey but idrk.

Is there any timeline/year record of when any of the Stark Kings existed besides Bran the Builder and Robb?

Like what year they ruled? Any of the Kings in the North?

According to the wiki (not sure how accurate), there is no precise lineage of Kings in the North that is known. Check the supposed rough chronological order of KitN here.

Continue.

Outstanding question, from Ordos:

Iwan Rheon who plays Ramsay in an interview described how he had to eat a lot of sausage during the final Theon scene in episode 10 of season 3. But I noticed he only took two bites. How many takes did they make for that scene? OR Did they do alternate takes where he eats more?

[Technically this is a GoT small question and there is a small questions thread in the GoT section]

Having been an actor once and having worked on sets I'll take a stab at your question. I don't know exactly how many takes they did in order to get the final cut, but each time they had to reset the take from the beginning, they probably would have had to use a whole new sausage in order to maintain the continuity of the shot. That's one of the tricky things when food is featured. If you think about a hamburger commercial where you see a man take a huge bite out of a a brand new hamburger. He may only take one bite in the final add, but he probably had to do several takes to get there and they couldn't reuse a burger that already had a bite in it. Generally, they'd have a bunch of burgers ready to go for each new take. From the actor's perspective, you'd feel like you spent the day eating a ton of hamburgers even though you're only taking a single bite out of each one. As you pointed out, they also could have done alternate takes too which would add to the overall sausage count. I'm sure Ramsey was sick to death of those sausages by the end of the day.

Iwan Rheon who plays Ramsay in an interview described how he had to eat a lot of sausage during the final Theon scene in episode 10 of season 3. But I noticed he only took two bites. How many takes did they make for that scene? OR Did they do alternate takes where he eats more?

I could watch Iwan Rheon eat sausages all day long....... Shit. Did I say that out loud? :uhoh:

*Remind myself of who he's playing.* :ack: Blech!! Eeekkk! :bawl:

In the story about the building of Storm's End (Catelyn chapter in ACOK), it's described how Durran married Eleni, daughter of the seagod and wind goddess. Moreover, the castle itself is thought to have been built in part by COTF and a boy Bran the Builder.

What's the consensus for whether Eleni truly was the daughter of gods? If so, then there truly were "gods" in the age of Heroes? Or is this all Westerosi lore?

This has probably been answered already, but is there a reason behind Rhaeger being the one to knight Gregor Clegane?

I'd assume he dominated a big melee or joust or something. Wasn't he like 17/18 when he killed Elia? As the westerlands were neutral in the rebellion, he must have been knighted really young. Definitely backs up Sandor's view of it all being bollocks.

No that isn't a small question. IMO I would go so far as to say that it wasn't theoretically, that we have seen Bran hearing himself, at least once.

In the story about the building of Storm's End (Catelyn chapter in ACOK), it's described how Durran married Eleni, daughter of the seagod and wind goddess. Moreover, the castle itself is thought to have been built in part by COTF and a boy Bran the Builder.

What's the consensus for whether Eleni truly was the daughter of gods? If so, then there truly were "gods" in the age of Heroes? Or is this all Westerosi lore?

Eleni is an older version of Helen,So I think it's more likely that,She was just a really beautiful woman,Who two kings fought over.

quote: "So, theoretically, is Bran able to see himself and rustle leaves?"

- what is rustle leaves?

- why shouldnt he be able to see himself ?

everybody can

quote: "So, theoretically, is Bran able to see himself and rustle leaves?"

- what is rustle leaves?

- why shouldnt he be able to see himself ?

everybody can

Everybody can see themselves, true. But Bran should be able to see himself through a weirwood in the past. Rustling leaves refers to them making a sound, like if they're stirred by wind. When Bran tries to talk to the weirwood, Bloodraven tells him that all the recipient will hear is the rustling of leaves.

So, Bran is able create a paradox which will annihilate the space-time continuum by physically going to a weirwood tree and waiting whether the leaves rustle. Then he's gonna go back, warg into the weirwood 5 minutes into the past, and rustle the leaves if and only if he didn't hear them rustle. Paradox (of sorts)!

Bloodraven can counter by dilligently searching Bran's timeline and rustling the weirwood leaves whenever Bran meets a weirwood btw. Then Bran's actions are never needed to rustle the leaves and no paradox ensues.

Archived