Disappointed! Movies That Let You Down

Night'sQueen

I tried to watch Animal House but I couldn't get into it. I'm presuming that's because I'm British and don't understand the American college culture with all the fraternities and Greek stuff.

Mostly I didn't enjoy it ethier, however the bit with the horse in the deans office made me almost wet myself laughing.

A field in England I found a little disappointing, I fell asleep about halfway and haven't bothered to rewatch it. The reboot of Spiderman. I've also been disappointed with every Terminator film, other than the first.

Wow, Wrath of Kahn and Voyage Home exceeded my expectations if anything and Search For Spock while not on the same level I think is a lot better than people give it credit for. All together a brilliant trilogy I actually get more out of on rewatches than the original Star Wars trilogy.

But yeah, every other Trek film I came out of/finished watching left me with various degrees of disappointment, some mildly (First Contact), some extremely (Final Frontier, Nemesis).

Star Trek (2009) exceeded my expectations only because I set them so low, and still I can only enjoy it if I watch and don't think. Haven't seen Into Darkness yet.

It's probably that I prefer the series.The Star Trek universe has far too much to stuff into 2 hours.

A agree with many others who have said The Dark Knight Rises. That may have been THE most disappointing movie I've ever seen.

I didn't even go in with super high expectations. I knew that there was no way for it to surpass the first 2, but I definitely expected more than the disjointed mess that it was.

Bane was awesome, his plan was stupid.

8-year time jump was stupid

Batman retiring after like 2.5 years on the job was nonsensical

Magic knee brace was stupid

Spine-fixing punch was more stupid

Selina Kyle was a useless character

Time shifting from broad daylight to black midnight during the same chase scene was jarring and bizarre

Perhaps the biggest crime of all was no mention of the Joker, acting like he never existed was piss poor story-telling

The movie was so sloppily thrown together and the performances so disengaging (aside from Bane and Alfred) that not only is the movie one of the most disappointing, it's just plain bad. So bad that it almost makes me think Christopher Nolan had nothing to do with it. It was almost like Nolan took a vacation and handed the reigns over to his brother and Goyer and said "Here, you do this one."

No, it wasn't good. I'd originally not wanted to see it, because I was busy with appointments I couldn't get out of straight through the extras auditions they were holding in George Square, Glasgow, and thought I'd really missed out on being a part of something. But the extras in those scenes are just blurred shapes anyway. The money was just what I missed, then. Pretty standard zombie movie fare, that I've heard is nothing much to do with the book.

Literally nothing. I live in Edinburgh and have friends who were extras in the film, I remember being so excited when they were filming cause I really loved the book and I'm a sucker for zombie stuff. Don't fret though, they didn't pay the extras that much... Although it could have worked as a refund for paying a cinema ticket for a shitty film :laugh:

I must agree with all who said Goodfellas...I saw it as a young kid and as an adult and every time it's lukewarm and meh...

Kingdon of heaven...agreed

I know I'll be crucified for this but I was very disappointed with No country for old men...it was pointless and boring and I couldn't care less for any of the characters.

Brave...agreed it was nothing special

I must agree with all who said Goodfellas...I saw it as a young kid and as an adult and every time it's lukewarm and meh...

Kingdon of heaven...agreed

I know I'll be crucified for this but I was very disappointed with No country for old men...it was pointless and boring and I couldn't care less for any of the characters.

Brave...agreed it was nothing special

Goodfellas, No Country for Old Men? Are you sure you like movies? Just Kidding, to each their own.

WAIT.

How can anyone not like Goodfellas? I could watch that movie at least once a month. Or at least the first part with Henry as a kid.

As for disappointments the 2nd time around - Event Horizon. What a cheesy pile of corn and crap. How did it terrify me so much I was afraid to sleep for 3 days?

Alien 3. After all Ripley's hard efforts of saving the girl from the last movie, she died in the first few minutes of this film. And there's only one alien, sucks.

The Tourist and Knight and Day are just plain snoozefest.

Green Lantern - it's more romancentric than action epic.

Kingdom of Heaven

I couldn't finish watching it.

Archived