What Line Made You Decide You Love a Character

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Tywin: "Joffrey, when your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you. And any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king at all.”

:agree:

“Do you think I can’t tell Lord Stannis from Lord Tywin? They’re both bungholes who think they’re too noble to shit, but never mind about that, I know the difference. Or do you think I’m so old I can’t remember? I’m ninety and I remember very well. I remember what to do with a woman too. That wife of mine will give me a son before this time next year, I’ll wager. Or a daughter, that can’t be helped. Boy or girl, it will be red, wrinkled, and squalling, and like as not she’ll want to name it Walder or Walda.”

He was who he was; Jon Snow, bastard and oathbreaker, motherless, friendless and damned. For the rest of his life--however long that might be-- he would be condemned to be an outsider, the silent man standing in the shadows who dares not speak his true name.

"Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. There’s days I want the rats back." -Dolorous Edd

"A hall to die in, and men to bury me. I thank you, my lords...but I spit on your pity...I am a knight...I shall die a knight." -Barristan Selmy

"I let each man cut me once, before I kill him. Count the cuts and you will know how many Strong Belwas has slain." -Strong Belwas

"Words are wind, and the only good wind is that which fills our sails." -Victarion Greyjoy

Jon: Lord Stark. There are five pups. Three male, two female.

Ned: What of it, Jon?

Jon: You have five trueborn children. Three sons, two daughters. The direwolf is the sigil of your House. Your children were meant to have these pups, my lord.

Ned: You want no pup for yourself, Jon?

Jon: The direwolf graces the banners of House Stark. I am no Stark, Father.

And he had me after that. First goddamn chapter in the series and I was already in love with Jon Snow.

Me too :)

Love the Davos quote!

Recently Arya has had some EPIC moments!

Kindly Man: "It is good to know. This is two. Is there a third?"

Blind Girl: "Yes. I know that you're the one who has been hitting me."

Her stick flashed out, and cracked against his fingers, sending his own stick clattering to the floor.

The priest winced and snatched his hand back.

Kindly Man: "And how do you know that?"

Blind Girl: I saw you. "I gave you three. I don't need to give you four."

---

Guard: “Help me,” he pleaded, as the crotch of his breeches reddened. “Mother have mercy, girl. A healer… run and find a healer, quick now.”

Mercy: “There’s one on the next canal, but he won’t come. You have to go to him. Can’t you walk?”

Guard: “Walk?” His fingers were slick with blood. “Are you blind, girl? I’m bleeding like a stuck pig. I can’t walk on this.”

Mercy: “Well,” she said, “I don’t know how you’ll get there, then.”

Guard: “You’ll need to carry me.”

Mercy: See? Thought Mercy. You know your line, and so do I.

Mercy: “Think so?” asked Arya, sweetly.

These were great as well, Arya is such a badass.

"Let me give you some advice bastard; never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you-"

I loved the entire tyrion/jon exchange at the wall-

also-

"My brother is arrogance, my father the soul of avarice, and my sweet sister lusts for power with every waking breath. I, however, am innocent as a little lamb. Shall I bleat for you? Tyrion to Cat

“When I was a lad I found an injured goshawk and nursed her back to health. Proudwing, I named her. She would perch on my shoulder and flutter from room to room after me and take food from my hand, but she would not soar. Time and again I would take her hawking, but she never flew higher than the treetops. Robert called her Weakwing. He owned a gyrfalcon named Thunderclap who never missed her strike. One day our great-uncle Ser Harbert told me to try a different bird. I was making a fool of myself with Proudwing, he said, and he was right.” Stannis Baratheon turned away from the window, and the ghosts who moved upon the southern sea.

“The Seven have never brought me so much as a sparrow. It is time I tried another hawk, Davos. A red hawk.”

This, and no mistake. This scene made me cry a little... Stannis the Mannis!

As he climbed he remembered past ascents—a hundred with his lord father, who liked to stand and look out over woods and crags and sea and know that all he saw belonged to House Connington, and one (only one!) with Rhaegar Targaryen.

“Your father’s lands are beautiful,” Prince Rhaegar had said, standing right where Jon was standing now. And the boy he’d been had replied, “One day they will all be mine.” As if that could impress a prince who was heir to the entire realm, from the Arbor to the Wall.

JonCon is just too good. From these two moments on, I knew I'd be hoping for a Targaryen rule to come back, but not through the crazy little girl that Dany is. The dragon has three heads, but the Iron Throne can have only one King. Stannis or Aegon, I'm happy either way. Anyone else, and the realm will bleed.

"A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule." -Roose Bolton

You know what else also provides a quiet people? Ripping people's tongues out.

Roose knows how to employ both of these tactics ;)

"Jared of House Frey, I name you liar." <- forgot that one. I was smirking through that speech.

"Tell Lord Tywin, winter is coming for him. Twenty thousand northerners marching south to find out if he really does shit gold." : Robb

There is another one from Theon, which I like. Sad, the scene didn't turn out so great:

"You hear that? That's the mating call of the northmen. They want to fuck us! Well I haven't had a good fuck in weeks, I'm ready for one!"

"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood."

Made me love Doran, and sealed the Martells my favorite house.

That and Elaria's speech.

which we won't see on screen because fuck HBO, she wants vengeance now too. Assholes.

"Jared of House Frey, I name you liar." <- forgot that one. I was smirking through that speech.

There is another one from Theon, which I like. Sad, the scene didn't turn out so great:

"You hear that? That's the mating call of the northmen. They want to fuck us! Well I haven't had a good fuck in weeks, I'm ready for one!"

That and Elaria's speech.

which we won't see on screen because fuck HBO, she wants vengeance now too. Assholes.

Ellaria's speech about........where or when does it end is beautiful and yes

Fuck HBO, especially if they are doing this to Ellaria because well, heaven forbid, we let Arianne be the one to want vegeance and allow someone, anyone, not to be a total badass revenge seeking Mother Humper. Fuck HBO, minus the foreplay too. :P

ETA: Ah, Theon and the Hornblower, I FLOVED THAT. The show's version of Theon and the hornblower was sooooooooo good, I half forget what was show and what was book. Then again, lots of Theon's ACOK chapters turn my stomach, they get skipped or skimmed, sometimes, on rereads.

Archived