Jon has no resemblance to his father? nothing at all?

Nami

Wat. Melisandre wants to make shadowbabies with Jon in the worst way. Her attempts seem futile but she wasnt intent on giving up.

Which totally grosses me out because I have a theory she's actually 50 and uses magic to look young :ack:

That isn't attraction, not on Ygritte's level anyway.

Who's to say that his Targaryen features may not have been hidden by the fact that he had different hair and eye color? For most of our lives I've had dark brown hair and my sister had blonde hair. It wasn't until she started dying her hair a similar color to mine that people realized that we actually look a lot alike. Also, we do have an example of this type of thing in the book when Aegon dying his hair blue makes his eyes look blue rather than purple. Of course, part of the reason it's not apparent could just come down to no one knowing he is one. There have been Targs in the past that have had non-Targ hair and the like but everyone knew they were Targs, so people were looking for the features. In Jon's case, they aren't.

Isn't weird how Jon has absolutely no physical resemblance to Rhaegar? Not even his height. Dany in her vision sees Rhaegar as a tall man, taller than Viserys, yet Jon also didn't get this from him.

He's all Stark, from hair to toe.

Jon's height isn't mentioned, and he isn't described as short. The chances are he is middling height and still growing.

Which totally grosses me out because I have a theory she's actually 50 and uses magic to look young :ack:

That isn't attraction, not on Ygritte's level anyway.

:rolleyes: Melisandre is attracted to power. She also doesnt have anything negative to say about Jon's appearance. Shes attracted to Jon for similar reasons why she was into Stannis. (which Mel's attraction to seems to be waning...fast.) Mel doesnt judge on appearances. Its all about power and the relation to R'hllor and Azor Ahai with her.

Ygritte dug Jon because hes not terrible to look at. (Other than Mance, most of the wildlings were hoary mofos.) And because Jon technically stole her (in wildling terms), and his personality was something she liked.

Val..not sure if shes even all that into Jon to be honest outside her making eyes on him to steal her. Maybe because he has a lot of strength as a leader? Come on, these gals all have various reasons to dig on Jon. Why does it have to be universal? Jon's standoffishness to Val but his gazes at her seem to make her like him as well.

I always took Ned to be quiet and shy more than "melancholy."

Yeah. Ned didnt really mope outside of his thoughts on Lyanna.

All this "waking the dragon" thing with Jon... When exactly do we hear about Rhaegars awakenings and why is Jon's wild behaviour being used as a connection in personalities to Rhaegar if Rhaegar doesn't have these outbursts? The way Jon acts seems akin to how Brandon would react to be honest, and I thought the consensus was that Brandon and Lyanna are better examples of Stark behaviour, with Ned being an exception to the rule.

All this "waking the dragon" thing with Jon... When exactly do we hear about Rhaegars awakenings and why is Jon's wild behaviour being used as a connection in personalities to Rhaegar if Rhaegar doesn't have these outbursts? The way Jon acts seems akin to how Brandon would react to be honest, and I thought the consensus was that Brandon and Lyanna are better examples of Stark behaviour, with Ned being an exception to the rule.

To my knowledge Brandon and Lyanna were more inclined toward impulsiveness, which isn't quite the same as Jon doing his berserker thing. Anger and go along with impulsiveness, sure, but I think that what Jon does is something different. It might not be Rhaegar-specific but I do think it's meant to be a clue that there's a Targaryen in there somewhere.

Well im going off of how we are presented with other Targaryens and their tempers. It seems to be a pretty universal trait. (I may be wrong in the case of Egg since i have yet to finish the D&E stories) Dany sure has her moments. Viserys was a walking temper tantrum, Aerys is basically King Burn Em All, etc. To say even a guy like Rhaegar had his moments would be fair enough. We just dont have his whole story yet. Aemon even implies he had his moments way back in the day.

To my knowledge Brandon and Lyanna were more inclined toward impulsiveness, which isn't quite the same as Jon doing his berserker thing. Anger and go along with impulsiveness, sure, but I think that what Jon does is something different. It might not be Rhaegar-specific but I do think it's meant to be a clue that there's a Targaryen in there somewhere.

Arr. Arya is a better example of the Wolf's Blood getting boiled. She is very impulsive and reacts in that manner a lot. Ned remarks on this famously. Jon is something else. Its like a deep seated rage that only comes out once in a great while..Its similar to Dany's "dragon" moments.

Compared with what Ned had been through, Jon had no good reason to be sad. It was just his natural temperament, whereas it wasn't Ned's.

He was a bastard who was looked down upon all his life and outright hated by the closest thing he had to a mother, that was just the beginning.That might have made him melancholy but I don't think he was just sad because he was naturally sad. Reserved, quiet but not melancholy.

He was a bastard who was looked down upon all his life and outright hated by the closest thing he had to a mother, that was just the beginning.That might have made him melancholy but I don't think he was just sad because he was naturally sad. Reserved, quiet but not melancholy.

Doesn't change the fact that being melancholy and withdrawn is Jon's natural state, and it isn't Ned's. But it was Rhaegar's.

Before Lyanna died maybe, after the promise he was the epitome of melancholy.

Which isn't the same as that being his natural personality. Which is my point.

Archived