Jon has no resemblance to his father? nothing at all?

Nami

I thought Meister Aemon only talked with Rhaegar through letters

You may be correct, still he would be more likely to see Targ traits in Jon than any of the other characters he encounters. Ned never would have pointed them out and not many(if any) other characters in Jon's storyline would have been all that familiar with Targaryens.

Maybe Jon acts like Ned? Being raised by him and all

Like was already discussed in this thread, genetics play a big role in personality traits. Meaning, even if he was raised by Ned, Jon should still exhibit at least some of his parents' personality/behavioral traits. Which I think he does — personality-wise, he's quite a bit like Rhaegar.

I think somebody mentioned that Jon's physical build is lean like Rheagar's because Ned had a more stocky build like Robb.

Or Jon could get his build from Brandon

Where does it say Rhaegar had a lean built?

I thought all Targs were pretty much muscular/stocky a la Aegon I. Most of them are described that way

Maybe Jon acts like Ned? Being raised by him and all

Yes and no. Ned keeps his temper under his hat. Other than him putting the mighty wolf paw down on Cat about Jon's mum, and storming out of the Small Council when Bob is all "kill Dany!" we really dont see Ned get pissed. Hes pretty mild mannered. Jon, on the other hand...You think this is simply because hes young? Do we see Robb (whos Ned 2.0) go apeshit outside of battle? Once. He declares Rikard Karstark a traitor and takes his head. Which is something Ned would have either done or considered. Jon throttles people more than once. Now one could argue that he gets this from his mum, but i think he also gets the "dragon's temper".

Ned is not exactly Mr. Pragmatic either. Who taught Jon to see outside the box? Certainly not Ned. He learns this by watching and hearing people out. Where does Jon's sense of entitlement (initially) come from? From being raised in Winterfell? I dont think so. Jon isnt exactly like Ned at all. That title belongs to Robb. While Jon did learn things from Ned, he doesnt act like Ned that much. You think Ned would have followed Qhorin's orders? LOL!!!

Where does it say Rhaegar had a lean built?

I thought all Targs were pretty much muscular/stocky a la Aegon I. Most of them are described that way

Check the SSMs there were plenty of slender built Targs, Daemon and Egg leap to mind.

There is a resemblance in how crows turn against jon and how rhaegar starts roberts rebelion...they both lack of communication skills, have some sort of secret agenda, and expect other people to follow their lead without complaining, both misscalculate the effect of their actions in other people and how those were going to react against it.

I've never seen this mentioned before and it seems like it might be a good point.

Isn't weird how Jon has absolutely no physical resemblance to Rhaegar? Not even his height. Dany in her vision sees Rhaegar as a tall man, taller than Viserys, yet Jon also didn't get this from him.

The Starks are tall; Brandon was described as tall and handsome and Ned was an intimidating figure at times which implies height was in his favour. I know Kit's on the short side, but I do believe Jon was supposed to be tall.

As for physical appearance I've rarely seen characters who are a mixture of both parents; they either look like their mum or dad. The Stark kids for example are all auburn haired and blue eyed, whilst only Arya is dark haired and grey eyed. There's no auburn hair and grey eyed kids, or dark hair and blue eyed kids :dunno:

I don't really think he has Rhaegar's personality either; from all the kids Jon's most like Ned.

Isn't weird how Jon has absolutely no physical resemblance to Rhaegar? Not even his height. Dany in her vision sees Rhaegar as a tall man, taller than Viserys, yet Jon also didn't get this from him.

He's all Stark, from hair to toe.

I have considered that as well...as some have mentioned he is still very young. I suppose whether Lyanna or Ned it's not that odd he only resembles one line of his family. My kids STRONGLY resemble their dad and we are a biracial family.

Now one could argue that he gets this from his mum, but i think he also gets the "dragon's temper".

Or he could have a bit of the wolf's blood in him, makes more sense because Lyanna strikes me as the one with a temper not Rhaegar. So if he has one it came from his mother, not father.

Ned is not exactly Mr. Pragmatic either. Who taught Jon to see outside the box? Certainly not Ned.

You know just because a character is pragmatic, that doesn't mean he got it from his parents. Do either Rhaegar and Lyanna come off as pragmatic considering the fact that they stupidly ran off?

He learns this by watching and hearing people out.

Ned taught him and Robb that. Remember Cat was observing how Robb allowed one of his men to sit next to him and take his council each day or something.

Where does Jon's sense of entitlement (initially) come from? From being raised in Winterfell? I dont think so.

Actually I think that is where it came from. He's a noble bastard with nothing to his name except the fact that Ned Stark is his father. So this sense of pride mixed with the fact that he was raised like a noble would make anyone feel entitled.

Jon isnt exactly like Ned at all. That title belongs to Robb. While Jon did learn things from Ned, he doesnt act like Ned that much.

Well he's certainly nothing like Rhaegar, so if I had to choose which one Jon was most like I'd say Ned.

This is from Bran's opening chapter:

“The deserter died bravely,” Robb said. He was big and broad and growing every day, with his mother’s coloring, the fair skin, red-brown hair, and blue eyes of the Tullys of Riverrun. “He had courage, at the least.”

“No,” Jon Snow said quietly. “It was not courage. This one was dead of fear. You could see it in his eyes, Stark.” Jon’s eyes were a grey so dark they seemed almost black, but there was little they did not see. He was of an age with Robb, but they did not look alike. Jon was slender where Robb was muscular, dark where Robb was fair, graceful and quick where his half brother was strong and fast.

The ladies seem to like Jon (Ygritte, Val, Mel, etc.). I think he got that from Rhaegar, not Ned.

Har! Rhaegar had ladies all over his business, man. And not just because of his looks. Rhae-man seems to have that mellow, brooding personality that drives chicks wild. Jon? Same story. Jon isnt drop dead gorgeous like Rhaegar, but hes got the mood down pat. After all, his tenure with Ygritte seems to have some interesting parallels with the Rhaegar/Lyanna story. Spitfire of a girl woos the moody guy and makes him place a lot of priorities in weird places...yeah...

I wouldn't say Mel was attracted to him :ack:

Wat. Melisandre wants to make shadowbabies with Jon in the worst way. Her attempts seem futile but she wasnt intent on giving up.

Archived