Brienne will let Jamie kill her in TWoW

Lord Ryback

A popular theory is that once Jamie is presented to Lady Stoneheart by Brienne he will demand trial by combat resulting in Lady Stoneheart picking Brienne as her champion. Brienne swore an oath to both Jamie and Catelyn... do you think she will let Jamie kill her so he lives thus honoring her allegiance to him? Or do you think Jamie will die beneath the sword he gave her? In a fight would Jamie even stand a chance with Brienne given his lost hand?

I hope they both live, or one is brought back to life.

I said once in a thread that if Jaime had to kill Brienne (hard to imagine that he would though), he would break down into tears, he would be destroyed. This reaction from a person they thought was evil, would lead them to realise Brienne must have been good afterall, and worthy of living. Hopefully then UnCat would realise she did wrong and would bring her back, passing her her flame of life.

Seems Beric was brought back to life relatively normal, probably because his soul wasn't so tormented when he died. Cat, on the other hand, was profoundly destroyed and returned as she did. Brienne being revived would probably be revived rather normaly too I think, she is clean, her honor is clean. Jaime I would presume would return a bit messed up.

Hopefully (to me) they will both survive.

You know, that is really jumping into cliche territory. I mean, when a movie like Balls of Fury pits two lovers against each other for life and death stakes... I don't see Martin going there. Plus, I don't see Lady Stoneheart engaging in needless cruelty to get Brienne to proof her loyalty. If she wants Jaime hung, she'll hang Jaime and be done with it.

It is worth pointing out that Jaime has value alive. If Catelyn wanted to free Edmure or Jeyne, this is the coin to get it done. Sure, they could still hang him and demand the reward like they did when Lady Stoneheart was first revealed, but a prisoner is a lot harder to pull off than a ransom of gold. The prisoner can be stabbed or shot at anytime during the exchange if something looks suspicious.

I said once in a thread that if Jaime had to kill Brienne (hard to imagine that he would though), he would break down into tears, he would be destroyed. This reaction from a person they thought was evil, would lead them to realise Brienne must have been good afterall, and worthy of living. Hopefully then UnCat would realise she did wrong and would bring her back, passing her her flame of life.

You think this after having read GRRM books?

I always thought Brienne would kill Lady Stoneheart with Oathkeeper thus killing the one she made the oath to in the first place with the Oathkeeper. This would also make her like Jaime. After that Gendry takes command when she reveals he is Roberts son so the brotherhood (being kings men) follow Gendry.

Highly unlikely scenario, imo. Brienne would never harm LS.

To my perspective, both Brienne and Jaimie will serve another purpose in the plot.

Oh, anyway Jaime and Brienne are going to do the nasty at least once

King Loren escaped, and lived long enough to surrender, pledge his fealty to the Targaryens, and beget a son

Lancelot, Jaime's influence, had an illegitimate son with Elaine, Galahad. Galahad was given his father's name, and Merlin prophesied that Galahad would surpass his father in valor. Galahad becomes a knight at the court of King Arthur, Jon's influence, where King Arthur proclaims him the greatest knight ever after accomplishing a few feats. Brienne may name the boy Jaime, and possibly one day join the KG for Arthur's parallel, Jon. Jaime Jr. may even surpass his father, in a way redeeming Jaime and surpassing him as a member of the KG, possibly being compared to the likes of Ser Ryam Redwyne and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight in being one of the greatest knights of his day.

I already said this once, and I'll say it again. I believe Lady Stoneheart sent Brienne to find Jaime in order to test both, but especially Jaime, to see if Brienne's words about Jaime being a changed man who wants to find Sansa and deliver her to a good place are true. Brienne saying that the Hound has captured Sansa is a test in order to see Jaime's response, and depending on his response, Stoneheart will evaluate if Jaime is truly looking for Sansa or not, in order to see if she can trust him. Considering that Jaime went with Brienne under the pretense that he's going to possibly fight Sandor in order to rescue Sansa, one of the best fighters in the realm, and Jaime without his sword hand, I guess it's safe to assume Stoneheart will eventually believe in both and therefore work together in order to find Sansa, with them probably even doing some others things for Stoneheart.

Really hope this turns out to be correct.

• 1 month later...

King Loren escaped, and lived long enough to surrender, pledge his fealty to the Targaryens, and beget a son

Lancelot, Jaime's influence, had an illegitimate son with Elaine, Galahad. Galahad was given his father's name, and Merlin prophesied that Galahad would surpass his father in valor. Galahad becomes a knight at the court of King Arthur, Jon's influence, where King Arthur proclaims him the greatest knight ever after accomplishing a few feats. Brienne may name the boy Jaime, and possibly one day join the KG for Arthur's parallel, Jon. Jaime Jr. may even surpass his father, in a way redeeming Jaime and surpassing him as a member of the KG, possibly being compared to the likes of Ser Ryam Redwyne and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight in being one of the greatest knights of his day.

Fan fiction...... pretty cool idea though.

Archived