Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

To be fair just paying attention would make you better than Bob,so that isn't huge praise.

as well as the memory of someone is usually better then the person was, this happens every time someone dies just like with Michael Jackson and Whitney, no one cared when they were alive, the moment they died everyone loved them.

` I always pictured Rhaegar as a Brad Pitt-type. A pretty boy, but not effeminate at all.

They used to call me 'pretty boy' when I was growing up and I didn't think it was an apt description (other than looks) because I didn't exhibit 'pretty boy' behavior.

I can see why others would consider him effeminate because of the lute-playing and the sad songs and especially his emo behavior. Just as the wildlings view Jon Snow. But I don't think masculine equals behaving like a caveman.

it was both of them.

actually cersei's name has never helped anyone on any argument.

You brought her up, but it's relevant. Another Westeros chick's assessment of Rhaegar's hotness. You provide the quote about Robert to back up what you're saying and I'll quote her on Rhaegar. Then we compare. I bet Rhaegar wins. I know where to find it but am on a mobile so it will take a minute...

Cersei about Rhaegar:

Seventeen and new to knighthood, Rhaegar Targaryen had worn black plate over golden ringmail when he cantered onto the lists. Long streamers of red and gold and orange silk had floated behind his helm, like flames. Two of her uncles fell before his lance, along with a dozen of her father’s finest jousters, the flower of the west. By night the prince played his silver harp and made her weep. When she had been presented to him, Cersei had almost drowned in the depths of his sad purple eyes. He has been wounded, she recalled thinking, but I will mend his hurt when we are wed. Next to Rhaegar, even her beautiful Jaime had seemed no more than a callow boy. The prince is going to be my husband, she had thought, giddy with excitement, and when the old king dies I'll be the queen.

This is good... He wants us to see that if Cersei responded this way, imagine how Lyanna did.

But I had always thought the Tower of Joy was called that before Rhaegar ever started going there, we don't (IIRC) know when it was built or named.

He named the tower. Ned says so

as well as the memory of someone is usually better then the person was, this happens every time someone dies just like with Michael Jackson and Whitney, no one cared when they were alive, the moment they died everyone loved them.

Everyone remembers Robert as a drunk fat ass.

Dying didn't help his reputation

Rhaegar triggered a Rebellion, thousands of people died and he's still the "best ruler that never was"

by all accounts robert was as hot as hot gets even cersei was smiten by the guy (the chick who is/was f***ing jaime lannister a.k.a westeros' hot stuff).

Actually Cersei said Robert was hairy and some nasty things too when talking about when she finally laid with him

Her relationship with Jaime is fucked up, I think she sees herself in him. It's like she's loving herself.

Lmao this thread has descended into madness and insanity.

This thread was barking from the get-go, mate. :P

Cersei about Rhaegar:

This is good... He wants us to see that if Cersei responded this way, imagine how Lyanna did.

Heh. Yeaahh...

My own personal headcanon is this:

Lyanna sees Rhae-man for the first time.

"...."

*Looks over at Robert, whos all "GET ME MORE DRINKS!" all clad in yellow and black*

Lyanna: *Looks back to Rhaegar* "....oh well...He does look rather nice. Very gallant and that armor is all sorts of badass. I like badass armor. lol...he totally nuked those Lannister chucklefucks. Har! I wonder if Robert will be able to take this guy."

*Looks back at Robert*

Robert: "Bdfgdjfd! Oi, Ned! Take a look at the rack on that lady over there! Makes me wish i hadnt been weaned!"

Lyanna: "...Oh for fucks sake. I hate my life..."

~Some Time Later~

Rhaegar: *tunes his harp and clears throat* "This is a song of love and woe..."

Robert: "Oh fuck me...i gotta take a piss!"

Rhaegar: "....Loo's through there, mate. And dont come back..."

Lyanna: "lol..."

Ned: "*facepalm* Ugh..."

Rhaegar: *Begins singing and harping*

Lyanna: "...hmm...he looks smaller without the armor on but...notbad,jpg"

Benjen: *yawns*

Lyanna: *elbows Benjen* "stop that... Oh...this is a nice song...His hair looks like something hella poetic. Like the summer snows in midday. His eyes are like the blue roses of winter....oh shit...oh fuckness...i have a lady boner..."

Benjen: "lolololol"

Lyanna: "...*sniff*..."

Rhaegar finishes his song.

Benjen: "lololol Lyanna is crying! Crying! ahahahahah hey Ned!"

Ned: "...??"

Rhaegar: *looks over there*

Lyanna: "Oh fuck. Lady boner exposed! Dammit Benjen!!" *dumps wine on his head*

Benjen: "noooo...."

Rhaegar: "....heh..."

Lyanna: "Oh my fuck he laughed...ok Lyanna, keep it together. Phew..ok..just smile and nod and try to say something polite like 'Oh my lord, what a lovely song.' yeha yeah...that should work..."

Lyanna: "Blerbalflarg!"

Rhaegar: "...?"

Lyanna: "Dammit."

Archived