Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

He's called Alex Pettyfer according to this: http://denkata5698.d...n-WIP-320287619

I agree with this and pretty much everything you said except for the part that he was honourable.

Thanks. And isn't Alex Pettyfer the dood from Eragon?

And, the honorable was only paraphrasing to correct the assertion that an alarming amount of people of my own gender are making on this forum that somehow all the good traits (e.g. trustworthiness, courage) are somehow "manly." -_-

Isn't Rhaegar's hair described as long as well? From his description, he kind of sounds like a member of One Direction with purple eyes and a bit more muscle. Probably taller too, they are all pretty short. If you think about it, even today androgynous people are some of the most fawned after in terms of luck, especially among the young.

Hey, Robert was clean shaven in his youth.

Was he? I guess that shoots my theory down in flames then :dunno: . None in Westeros was as manly as young Bob.

Still, the white hair, purple eyes and dreamy looks gave him an allure that non-Targaryens lack. Still doesn't make him feminine, of course, but it was enough to win over Lyanna. And, uh, JonCon.

No.

Pretty much. Very very pretty? Oh yeah. But men dont have to be feminine to be pretty. Kit Harington is quite pretty, but i dont think you'd call him feminine. In fact, NOPE! (dgfdhf) Anyway, i figured Rhaegar was more like well...manpretty. Long hair, smooth angular face, but also rather chiseled and very well built. Sure hes not gonna be super bulky, but i always imagined some nice muscle tone.

Also this man makes music. Would you call him feminine? (Srsly Johan Hegg could arm wrestle Tormund and maybe even win!)

As a man with a slight build, a fondness for books and intellectual pursuits and very little interest in sports, I suppose that I could be cast as a Rhaegar type of guy. As with Rhaegar, don't mistake the outside appearance for what is inside. Being a good fighter requires more brains than testosterone.

As a man with a slight build, a fondness for books and intellectual pursuits and very little interest in sports, I suppose that I could be cast as a Rhaegar type of guy. As with Rhaegar, don't mistake the outside appearance for what is inside. Being a good fighter requires more brains than testosterone.

Well, those books helped him little as his lower intestines floated down the Trident, so I tend to disagree.

Yeah Rhaegar was pretty much a twink - funny because JonCon is definitely the bear type of gay. If Rhaegar swung that way, it's pretty obvious who'd be the top and who'd be the bottom.

!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Exactly. Except for not really. I don't know if Rhaegar was super twinky, but just barely too old and too muscular to be one. Like Zac Efron.

If being feminine, means that a man doesn't go around pounding his chest like "Kong" and only fighting when it truly matters; while also being kind, open, intelligent and by all accounts a decent person. Then yes, he is feminine to some; as would be any other man who does the same. Personally, I would just call it being a real man and a decent human being. See Ned, Davos and a several other male characters in this series.

Yeah.....Cheats on wife, which starts a war and ruins his family and tears apart the country, thousands dead.

Somehow still a kind, open, decent intelligent person.

As for the Op he's not particularly feminine. He fought Robert tooth and nail at the Trident, though King Bob ultimately prevailed.

Well,they didn't help him much at the end of the day.

It's quite impossible to answer the question without a qualifying "compared to?". Compared to King Bob? For sure, but that guy's 90% testosterone.

Compared to the average nobleman (if there's such a thing) ? Then yeah I think he was, a little bit. Say what you want, but singing sad songs and playing the harp doesn't make you "macho". Nothing wrong with that, mind you. He wasn't a nancy-boy or weak, but all in all, I think he'd qualify as more feminine than the average guy.

Archived