Was Rhaegar feminine?

Nami

So I bumped into some people arguing that Rhaegar is feminine so he should be played by a feminine actor or whatever

and I'm confused, was it ever said that Rhaegar was feminine in the books? I don't really remember

I was thinking he was quite manly because he put up a fight against Robert so

maybe I was wrong

Rhaegar is Ryan Gosling, it is known.

Lyanna picked Rhaegar over Robert. I think we're taking our cues from her.

But what does lyannas choice of lover have to do with ruling anything? forgive me for not thinking a 15 year old girls choice of lover is a good indicator of ones ability to rule a kingdom.

Apparently Lyanna was this innocent little flower, stupid as hell and was seduced by a creep.

So wait, 15 year old lyanna stark runs off with rhaegar, ergo he would make a great king? Hmmm, what am i missing here...

But what does lyannas choice of lover have to do with ruling anything? forgive me for not thinking a 15 year old girls choice of lover is a good indicator of ones ability to rule a kingdom.

Sorry, I thought you meant hotness. My bad. No opinion on Rhaegar's awesomeness as a ruler. :)

Apparently Lyanna was this innocent little flower, stupid as hell and was seduced by a creep.

I keep hearing we have to be 21 before we can likey men.

Johnny Depp Rhaegar

Lyanna picked Rhaegar over Robert. I think we're taking our cues from her.

I'd just like to point out that as far as the consent of the relationship goes, that still hasn't been confirmed. We do know that Rhaegar apparently "loved" Lyanna, but it could have been just as unrequited as Roberts love for Lyanna, the only difference being that Rhaegar actually took her against her will, which is sort of flattering to Robert in the whole Robert vs. Rhaegar argument.

But you might take Barristan, Jaime, Ned, JonCon, Cersei (ok, this one is rather a counterargument), Aemon, and certainly others' words as good indicators.

But you might take Barristan, Jaime, Ned, JonCon, Cersei (ok, this one is rather a counterargument), Aemon, and certainly others' words as good indicators.

I am just unsure as to what these people are basing his merits on. He never had a chance to mess up, as I said(well, you could argue he messed the trident up, losing with numerical superiority, oops) it just seems to me he is the perfect ruler because he never actually had a chance to rule anything.

I'd just like to point out that as far as the consent of the relationship goes, that still hasn't been confirmed. We do know that Rhaegar apparently "loved" Lyanna, but it could have been just as unrequited as Roberts love for Lyanna, the only difference being that Rhaegar actually took her against her will, which is sort of flattering to Robert in the whole Robert vs. Rhaegar argument.

Rhaegar moved Lyanna. It is known.

To be honest, why would he call his love nest "Tower of Joy" while keeping a woman there against her will? That's fucked up

Sorry, I thought you meant hotness. My bad. No opinion on Rhaegar's awesomeness as a ruler. :)

I keep hearing we have to be 21 before we can likey men.

Johnny Depp Rhaegar

To be fair, we dont see him ruling much of anything. Ten quid says it would have been better than Robert's lame ass.

Oh gods, Pirate Rhae-man. That one is kinda funny, but disturbing...the soulless eyes...

Rheagar's entire life revolved around some future destiny that others seem to have been unable to understand. Great Uncle Aemon was probably the closest to understanding what he was trying to fulfill and possibly Ser Arthur Dayne. Rheagar was not feminin from what we were told, but scholarly and marshal with a depressing lonliness.

To be honest, why would he call his love nest "Tower of Joy" while keeping a woman there against her will? That's fucked up

If someone is deluded enough to kidnap someone, there's a fair chance they're deluded enough to think the other person deep down wants it too. Stalkers are like this.

But I had always thought the Tower of Joy was called that before Rhaegar ever started going there, we don't (IIRC) know when it was built or named.

Archived