NFL 2013 Week 2 - Week 3: Running Back Graveyard

BLU-RAY

Why aren't they starting Campbell? He's proven himself to be a reasonable NFL QB, although probably not starting caliber. Certainly has done a lto more in his NFL career than Brian Hoyer.

that's exactly what us Browns fans are asking. I like Jason Campbell, he could do all the things a game plan would ask him to do to get us a victory. Brian Hoyer...well, he can't even lace Derek Anderson's bootstraps.

Why aren't they starting Campbell? He's proven himself to be a reasonable NFL QB, although probably not starting caliber. Certainly has done a lto more in his NFL career than Brian Hoyer.

Management induced tanking perhaps? Or desperately hoping that something magical happens with Hoyer.

Management induced tanking perhaps? Or desperately hoping that something magical happens with Hoyer.

At this point, are they going all in on Teddy Bridgewater? If Weeden is hurt worse than initially thought, I could see that going through their minds.

that's exactly what us Browns fans are asking. I like Jason Campbell, he could do all the things a game plan would ask him to do to get us a victory. Brian Hoyer...well, he can't even lace Derek Anderson's bootstraps.

And Derek Anderson is no Tim Couch!

At this point, are they going all in on Teddy Bridgewater? If Weeden is hurt worse than initially thought, I could see that going through their minds.

Normally I would say that's a good strategy, but you can't try to tank for the #1 pick in the year of the Jaguar. Maybe Hundley will project as a franchise quarterback and leave early (both of which I'm not sure about, QBs tend to stick around to their Jr. years even when they can leave as sophs), but the worst thing they could do is draft someone like AJ McArron or Johnny Manziel who don't project to be particularly good NFL QBs.

And Derek Anderson is no Tim Couch!

Mark Ingram is basically the RB version of Tim Couch. A guy who bamboozled the scouts with his numbers, before they figured out that a ham sandwich could put up the same numbers in their respective systems.

Mark Ingram is basically the RB version of Tim Couch. A guy who bamboozled the scouts with his numbers, before they figured out that a ham sandwich could put up the same numbers in their respective systems.

In all fairness, Couch is still the only QB to take the new Browns to the playoffs.

Yes, he was mostly a system QB; but his injuries suffered behind the atrocious expansion line of Cleveland never really gave him a chance to play anywhere else.

I have only seen two games from Weedon, but he looked terrible in both. Not just rookie mistakes, but "he doesn't have it" kinda mistakes. I know that the Browns fans on the board have stood up for him but if my job depended on the Browns winning games, I would make getting a new quarterback priority 1.

Agreed that I don't see how the Browns could out-lose the Jags this year for Bridgewater. I'm not sure any organization outside the Colts is prepared to go 0-16, including losing to the Jags at home, just for draft status. Could you really do that to your veterans? You think Joe Haden wants Lions fans coming up and thanking him?

Normally I would say that's a good strategy, but you can't try to tank for the #1 pick in the year of the Jaguar. Maybe Hundley will project as a franchise quarterback and leave early (both of which I'm not sure about, QBs tend to stick around to their Jr. years even when they can leave as sophs), but the worst thing they could do is draft someone like AJ McArron or Johnny Manziel who don't project to be particularly good NFL QBs.

I don't know. If Manziel can become mature, he can be successful. He seems to have all the ability in the world and if Russell Wilson proved anything, it's that height isn't the end all, be all of successful QBing. Additionally, there is also Mariota, Carr, Fales and Boyd that will also get a long look from scouts for this upcoming draft. Any of them could end up being a top 5 pick though probably less likely with Fales even though I really like what he has to offer.

I have only seen two games from Weedon, but he looked terrible in both. Not just rookie mistakes, but "he doesn't have it" kinda mistakes. I know that the Browns fans on the board have stood up for him but if my job depended on the Browns winning games, I would make getting a new quarterback priority 1.

Agreed that I don't see how the Browns could out-lose the Jags this year for Bridgewater. I'm not sure any organization outside the Colts is prepared to go 0-16, including losing to the Jags at home, just for draft status. Could you really do that to your veterans? You think Joe Haden wants Lions fans coming up and thanking him?

Cannot believe that Brandon Weeden was taken in the 1st round. Weeden was 28 his senior year of college, which is usually the peak of a QBs career. It's when Peyton Manning was throwing 49 TDs vs. 10 INTs, and Aaron Rodgers was going for 45 and 6 against NFL defenses. How anyone thought that his good but not earth shattering numbers for a college QB at taht age were going to translate into NFL success is beyond me. Can you imagien what 28 year old Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would do to college defenses? It's downright scary.

I don't know. If Manziel can become mature, he can be successful. He seems to have all the ability in the world and if Russell Wilson proved anything, it's that height isn't the end all, be all of successful QBing. Additionally, there is also Mariota, Carr, Fales and Boyd that will also get a long look from scouts for this upcoming draft. Any of them could end up being a top 5 pick though probably less likely with Fales even though I really like what he has to offer.

Manziel is risky. I also don't think the Russell Wilson comparisons are apropos because Wilson has a significantly stronger arm than Manziel. Those wobbly prayers that Manziel tosses up against college defenses aren't going to cut it against NFL teams.

Manziel is risky. I also don't think the Russell Wilson comparisons are apropos because Wilson has a significantly stronger arm than Manziel. Those wobbly prayers that Manziel tosses up against college defenses aren't going to cut it against NFL teams.

Manziel has gotten significantly stronger from last year to this year. You can see a lot more velocity on his throws. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he improves his arm strength going into next year. I think they biggest issue you'll have with him is his decision making but you can't deny that he has talent.

Archived